7 east feeds

Nutster

Registered
I noticed there was a FTA feed for the Hull v Leicester game yesterday. When I scanned it in the signal was quite weak - It showed as 65% but constantly broke up and was unwatchable. I am thinking of increasing my dish size from 88cm to 110cm. Before I do anything do you think the increase in dish size would make any difference to obtaining these feeds or do these feeds require a bigger dish altogether.

Ragnarok

Donating Member
I noticed there was a FTA feed for the Hull v Leicester game yesterday. When I scanned it in the signal was quite weak - It showed as 65% but constantly broke up and was unwatchable. I am thinking of increasing my dish size from 88cm to 110cm. Before I do anything do you think the increase in dish size would make any difference to obtaining these feeds or do these feeds require a bigger dish altogether.

A new LNB might make it slightly less marginal or worse, however the golden rule is if you want more signal a bigger dish is the way to go. 1.1M should be fine and give you some rain fade margin.

delboy123

Registered
I'm in the same boat. Currently got an 88cm but not picking up any feeds on 7e so looking at possibly upgrading dish size. I know my dish is slightly out so I will have a go at re-aligning it first to see what difference if any that makes.

keano16

Donating Member
I have a 88cm triax and nothing on that so dug out my 110cm triax and got a signal.
Then I switched lnb to a twin inverto ultra and gained another 6% which in this game is massive.
I've no rain here in Manchester which is very unusual during a match so I don't know if it will go off.
Don't forget good quality cable is a must.
Don't even think about rg6.

Depending on where you are you may want to look at a 125cm gibertini these are one of the best dishes you can get.

delboy123

Registered
I'm in the North West myself so my 88cm is clearly a no go. I'm looking at the triax 110. Problem is my dish is chimney mounted on the roof so I can only go so big. I've already got an Inverto Black ultra quad lnb and quality cable so an upgrade to the dish is the only thing left.

keano16

Donating Member
It's never a good idea to mount a dish on a chimney stack. The 110cm has a big surface so on a very windy day or even a storm they will be a hell of a lot of pressure on that dish.
No way you leave it on the ground ?
If not make sure chimney is sound and solid, I always swing or put pressure on the mount before putting dish on.
Good luck

delboy123

Registered
Dish was fitted to the chimney professionally about 5 years ago now and touch wood no problems. Was the only possible site for the dish due to location/trees. I'll dig the ladders out tomorrow and have a close look at it before making any decisions. Cheers mate

Ragnarok

Donating Member
on the south coast of the UK, a td110 gives a fair rain fade margin, too quite a heavy shower that even took out fox sport europe Hd to rain it off. on my 90cm fortec star no sign of IMGA Europe in perfect weather.

I saw the best signal I have seen yet on IMGA Europe in the rain this morning.

keano16

Donating Member
In a very wet Manchester I expected to have lost the signal but it is still coming in nice and strong on my TD110cm and Black ultra.

ahmet.atr

Registered
To get these feeds for EPL in Turkey(37.35 N , 36.52 E) for 7E should dish size be minimum how many cm?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Those EPL Signals are pretty much always reduced by broadcaster so 120cm or 140cm dish would likely be ideal .
i have some issues with my 1.2m Channel master dish getting a good enuff lock especially in rain so 140cm i will say is required , in UK many members report here they are able to lock those feeds with 90cm dishes but for me ive tried and failed i could not get any signal with that size dish no matter how well its aligned .
cheers !

aerosmith

Registered
Signal on Img3 eu is just a flicker now and again here. Dish size supposed to be 1 metre across but closer to 90cm. Have thought about slight trim on elevation whilst monitoring 7 degrees east on sig meter to look for any slight improvement. Just a thought anything is worth a shot! Otherwise a larger well known quality brand of dish is going to have to be purchased.

aerosmith

Registered
Signal on Img3 eu is just a flicker now and again here. Dish size supposed to be 1 metre across but closer to 90cm. Have thought about slight trim on elevation whilst monitoring 7 degrees east on sig meter to look for any slight improvement. Just a thought anything is worth a shot! Otherwise a larger well known quality brand of dish is going to have to be purchased.

Have just been outside to do the slightest amount possible and yes a definite improvement. Weather is full of cloud here atm so still unable to fully lock for any reasonable time. However the slightest amount of 'twitchy' adjustment has given some amount of success.

Ragnarok

Donating Member
The signal is up and down. For me the triad td110 this weekend just gone the signal has been poor. It's there but any big black clouds or rain and it'll be gone. Other days I've had over 2dbs of rain faid margin.

aerosmith

Registered
I'm waiting (and hoping) for the wind to die down. If it rains I've had it. level around 8db on 5402 m3 no more than 64% sig level or there around.

SilverHippy

Registered
70% 9.7db CM 1.2 TM 5402 M3 BU LNB @ Outer Hebrides & almost clear sky but breaking up yesterday during a storm trying to watch the footie.

regards :thum: