How to flash your DBox - the SW, the info, the tools, the lot...

gorski

Registered
Sooooooooo, I finally had a chance, a little while back, to test the newest, ironed out version of PB-Enigma published on 31st December 2008, one can find here, for instance:

* Fixed Bootmanager
* small fixes

* mit ogg support
* interner Videotext geht nun ohne aktivierten Caching !

I will try to add the proggies and everything else you might need in this thread... :thum:

===HOW TO SHOVE A PB or any other image INTO YOUR LINUXED DBOX===

Use the Flashtool that I will post here: setup_dboxifa311 and then...

-install it to your PC, then
-start it from your Hallenberg folder, then
-choose an Image, then
-choose your PC's gadget over which you will connect with your DBoxom, then
-choose how you are connected [I only use the LAN cable via a router, so NO for Null Modem cable], then
-Start and hen DBox must NOT be plugged into electricity [you'll see a warning in a little window to unplug it], then
-click OK and then
-plug your DBox into the wall [electricity, as it's well known in the world :D] and wait for the flashing process to finish/programming of your DBox to get done, that is...

If you do not succeed the first time, worry not, you will eventually. Frequently it does not "catch on" immediately. Just terminate the proggy on your PC, then unplug the DBox and repeat the procedure... Patience and you'll be dancing round the table naked, to the delight of your neighbours... or not, if you're not a beautiful, busty, bisexual blonde...:rolleyes:

CONFIGURATION/SETUP

When it's all over just follow the TV prompts and answer the Qs...;)

If memory serves, firstly you will see a message to terminate the Flashing Tool and to unplug and plug back in the DBox.

There, it's so bloody easy and simple to put in a new Image into your Linuxed DBox, thanx to the maestros who wrote all that helpful stuff for everyone and for nothing, no money but the love of the hobby!!! :)

When your PB Enigma Image starts just answer the questions which the installation of PB Enigma 7.0x poses to you, namely the main configuration, in the sense of "which HW [hardware] have you got?" - simple...

Why is that important? Because PB Enigma Image 7.0x comes with various drivers for all kinds of possible setups - like different versions of DBox receivers [Nokia, Philips, Sagem, then version 1 or 2, then various additions, like built in HDD or additional memory etc.].

If, like me, you have nothing of the HW sort added to your DBox [I'm lying, actually, I do have a new kind of MultiCam or MC but I activate that later on in an Expert settings or some such Menu] then choose an option in the middle [Flash, I think] and anything else you might need. I can't remember right now all the details, like for instance were there any other questions after the first restart or boot. PB Enigma will then, allegedly, cleverly delete all the unnecessary drivers when you unplug your DBox and plug it back in.

Ergo, just continue going through various Menus and set it up according to your setup, to your HW and network gadgetry...

More to follow...:thum:

Last edited by a moderator:

gorski

Registered
Now, you will need an FTP tool, like Total Commander [find it attached] to connect with your receiver, i.e. DBox, which, as I said, is connected either with your PC directly or via a router using the LAN cable, in order to shove essential files into your receiver and to be able to edit them, once they are in your DBox:

-start the TC
-go to FTP options
-give a name to your new connection, if you do not already have it
-put in your DBox address
-put in a username [usually: root]
-password [usually: dbox2 or whatever you choose]
-hit the Connect buton.

Once connected [TC with DBox] the first thing you need to do is put into the DBox the new camd.xml [which I will attach here] into your DBox. Put it exactly here:
var/tuxbox/config

All you need to do is to locate it in one part of the TC [your PC's HDD] and drag and drop from that side to the other side [which is your DBox's above mentioned folder].

Why? GBox can't work without it...;)

gorski

Registered
Then, put the GBox itself in [I will put it here, also - so all is in one place], precisely here and this is how::
var/bin: (needs o be modified to chmod 755, which in your TC is done like this: click once on a file you need to edit/modify, so that it's selected, then go to -> File -> Change Atributes -> change the number/value to 755 -> OK)

Then, add the additional files for GBox [cwshare.cfg, gbox_cfg, softcam.cfg ] which - you guessed it :D - will all be added here and put them into:
var/key [ident.info and ignore.list are recommended and they both go to the same place]

Then put in: gbox_cam.sh (also Change Attributes or in other words chmod 755) here:
var/script

One more thing: into var/keys put the cwshare.cfg file.

Details to follow...;)

gorski

Registered
Oh, Christ, the Admin have gone bonkers...:rolleyes:

Let's try to add the PB Enigma Image itself, since they can't be bothered and just go around deleting things in a vain attempt to pretend that other good forums - like theirs - do not exist and should be totally ignored...:rolleyes:

The worst things is - even I, who started the thread, can't edit the top post, so must add it here, instead of where it should be [they could have done that but oh, no...:rolleyes:]... Swell!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

k@lkov

Super VIP
PB images

Hello gorski, i hope you are OK.;)
I think that is not necessery, why?
Because we have that images here, where?
Ofcourse in D-Box Files section.
:nana:

edit: i will almust forget. Thx for this mate, they are nice posts from you.:clapping:

gorski

Registered
Hehe, I'm OK, thanx. Hope you're deedlin' fine, too.:) Good to see there are people who can take a joke!!! ;) :thum::nana:

Didn't see the Image here, which is why I... It just saves time, not to have to do it ALL, you know...:rolleyes: But OK, if Your Majesty insists... :D

gorski

Registered
CS and GBox on DBox...

OK, now the Card Sharing details [here is something I prepared earlier in the Samsung section, slightly edited... :D]:

Card Sharing is:

connecting your receiver [in this case DBox] with a specific SW in your receiver [PB Enigma plus GBox (installed on your DBox also)

with your friends' receivers or PCs.

They will have Original Smart Cards [OSCs] you do NOT have, in order to watch the programs those OSCs open.

You connect with them via the internet.

With CS you have those cards virtually. But you can still watch the programs those OSCs can open, provided your friends are constantly "online" and you can connect to their receiver or PC.

Your DBox, btw, is connected to the net via your router, i.e. a LAN cable.

And now the "How to" in small steps:

First, create a DynDNS account. It's free.

Go to
Code:
w*w.dyndns.org
->
go to “Account”/"create account”.
Once you enter all the details and create an account, get the confirmation email go to ->
Services”.
There you will select Dynamic DNS [even if your IP doesn't change all the time, but very rarely] ->
then select “Add Dynamic DNS”.
Just create the name you want and do not use Enable wildcard or Mailexchanger.
Click Add host.
It's done!!

After that put the DynDNS details into your Router to enable your DynDNS Service updater in it, so DynDNS Service is updated every time you change your IP address and your friends can find you through the DynDNS address. Namely, in your router's DDNS options [if you have more than one]:
choose DynDNS, then ->
put your newly created DynDNS username, then
password, then
Hostname [like myname.dyndns.org - this is just an example, create your own name!!].

That address you just created is always going to be the same, even though your IP address might change every time you logon/get online/boot your PC.
Now SAVE all that or APPLY or ENABLE, whatever is in your Router's interface.

OK so far? :D

After that you need to forward some ports in your Router. That allows your GBox to go to the net and connect with other PCs, in this case a Server with your friends' cards, the stuff you want to watch...

Code:
http://www.portforward.com/

Code:
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

================UltraEdit32==============

Now, install UltraEdit32 on your PC. Why? Because you need to sort your cwshare.cfg yourself. Here is the template you need to Copy and Paste into UltraEdit 32, NOT Notepad, Wordpad or anything else!!! One can find good, freeware alternatives on the net, like UEStudio `06, for instance.

In cwshare.cfg you will edit the yourdyndns.org and yourfriendsdyndns.whatever with the data you are given from the people you trust, like theirport but also yourport, the one you assign to your GBox, so it can go to the net. Also yourpass and hispass! JUST REPLACE THEM AS INDICATED BELLOW, IT IS EASY!!! Don't give up on me now!!! :p

That's all you need to do for DBox's GBox to work your CS magic. Nothing else. No other files except cwshare.cfg, if you did exactly as previously described above!!!

===============cwshare.cfg=============

Lines with # in front are not taken into account, do not matter, these are explanations. Leave them be.

M: { your.dyndns.org { yourpass }}
# Internet Friends port range password cod
D: { yourfriendsdyndns.whatever { yourport theirport { hispass { A3 A3 }}}}
#================================================
# allow maximum 3 share level for received card data
I: { 3 }
# Send ECM's at maximum 7 cards (please use this as default)
X: { 7 }
#
# 01 repeat EMM's
# 00 consider every EMM only once
# 01 restart pid on overflow
# 1* reset ENX on every channel change
# *1 check/reset ENX freezes on FTA
# *2 check/reset ENX freezes on PayTV
# *3 check/reset ENX freezes on FTA and PayTV
# 00 write nothing in atack.txt
# 01 write into atack.txt: password is wrong
# 02 write into atack.txt: ID unknown
# 04 write into atack.txt: IP is wrong
# 08 write into atack.txt: port is wrong
# 10 write into atack.txt: share.stat
# 20 create online.log for online/offline logging
# 3F write everything. (combine bits for other combinations)
# 5000 send ecm again after 5 Seconds if no reply.
# 7000 resync decode after 7 Seconds if net decode failed
N: { 01 01 03 00 5000 7000 }

Your pass will be 8 signs, letters from A - F, if memory serves, numbers from 1-9.

Just Copy and Paste this into your Ultra Edit 32 and edit CAREFULLY, preserving the empty slots [pauses/breaks], then Save.

==============To recapitulate:=================

You have created a DynDNS account and enabled it in your router, forwarded some ports.

You have installed UE32 and created a GBox folder [just unpack your GBox in that folder] on your PC.

In your cwshare.cfg file, that is a part of GBox CS SW, you have put your DynDNS details and the password for your GBox, plus the ports you have opened/forwarded in your Router for it to operate freely.

You have also put your friend's details [their DynDNS address, password and port they opened for you to hook onto their GBox server] into the cwshare.cfg.

Now reboot your DBox.

Start your GBox with the newly edited cwshare.cfg, that you put into the GBox folder, as described above.

You should see some colours on your TV screen - that is, IF you are connected, if everything is properly sorted.

Change the channel to another encrypted channel in the same package, as described above [1 system of encryption].

Hopefully you will see the picture now.

=================A few more notes:====================

GBox is no perfect and so sometimes you will have to reboot or restsrt the EMU etc.

When you start the GBox: in your Firewall you will have the GBox active under programs and it must have the free access to the net. Give it the permission it needs.

In your Router you must do the Port Forwarding. In my modem it's under Applications and Gaming -> Port Range Forwarding.

You name an application [say GBox for your GBox CS SW or maybe name it after your friend, as you may open many ports for GBox and each should be named after your friend].

Put the Port Range as follows:

-your port [the one you have to give to your friend to put into his cwsahre.cfg, together with your DynDNS and Pass] and the same port should be in Start and End little box, then UDP or Both Protocols, and add your IP address, plus tick it at the end, so it is active. {At least that is how it is in my Linksys Router.}

-his port - the one he gave you, where you will be let into his machine, just do the same as above but name it after your friend, so you know which one is which.

-check your address by clicking on the Network Icon in the Systray -> Support and you'll see it. Occasionally it may change, if you get another device connected to the network, so check it, if GBox is not working. It looks normally something like 192.168.1.101 or so.

Now go to the bottom of the page and SAVE SETTINGS! If you did it the right way it should all be saved and you will see it the way you want it to be right in front of you.

Cheers and good luck!!

[I need a drink after all this... After that I need a holiday... FFS...:rolleyes::D]

gorski

Registered
If you wanna control your GBox from DBox itself, via remote control, then search the net or even this forum :D for GBox Control Centre and similar plugins:

GBox Suite v 2.30

cfg > CHMOD 644
SO > CHMOD 755 (atribute chmod 755, as described above)

(c) Dicaprio 2006

Anyone tried FSNES plugin for GBox in DBoxu?

Code:
http://www.fsenes.info/how_to/gbo.html

gorski

Registered
And finally...

My settingsa/channel list, from 28'E do 43'W, for which I used Pet list as a template, but I edited it a bit, and given half a chance, I will do more of that, if only I get a dish installed... any time soon.....:mecry::rolleyes:;)

Plus an editor which works well with this version of the PB Enigma Image 7.0x!!!:thum:

Btw, not sure how I can stop DBox from scanning a satellite position, once on it/searching for new channels all the time... if I can switch it off, that is... It does do that quite well, I have to say...

Btw, you can always download - if your DBox is connected directly to the net via a LAN cable - via online updates the latest:

Key files

Emu's

sat xml files

and a lot more...

Just explore your DBox's Menu's and try and learn...

But most importanly: HAVE PHUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):D:thum:

niffy

Registered
dbox issues

Many thanks guys for these fantastic and interesting ideas.

Efforts really appreciated.

More grease to your elbow!!!

:clapping:

Last edited:

gorski

Registered
CCcam, as an Emulator, as well as CS SW... [find a very, very small, shrunk version of CCcam on the net!]

-delete camd2: d-box [button on your remote] -> Setup -> PB-Menu -> Camd Installer -> Delete-Camd

-Online Updates -> Download Camds -> CCcam 2.1.1 [2.1.2 doesn't work with keys, i.e. as an Emulator]

-Download Config Files -> CCcam-config

-keys for CCcam: d-box -> Setup -> PB-Menu -> Online Updates -> Download Keys -> fresh Minicat CCcam keys [from the CCcam.cfg file remove the sign # in front of SOFTCAM, AUTOROLL and STATIC CW, as well as PRIO, PROVIDER and CHANNELINFO lines, if you're gonna use those files...

-from Download Plugins download CCcam Info[d-box -> Setup -> PB-Menu -> Plug-ins -> gives you the info about servers you're hooking onto, as well as your clients etc. - do not go to ECM history because DBox2 will reboot...].

What's where? Here:

-CCcam module is in var/bin folder

-config is in var/etc

In CCcam.cfg one puts C lines, in order to become client, i.e. to hook onto either

1) your own server/card on another receiver you may have in your home network

Code:
C: 192.168.x.x 12000  user pass
where 192.168.x.xxx address of your other box with a card, which is your server, then... or

2) via internet, onto another person's server:

Code:
C: hostname port username password
-IP adres of your peer/server which you're hooking onto - in the form of something.dyndns.org [this is but an example!]
-port, which you are given by your "peers", together with your
-username and
-password

If one is a server, one needs to allow somebody's access to your server via an F line, where you set-up the stuff related to sharing your card.

Code:
F: user pass
Simple, isn't it...
wink.gif

Inside the CCcam file one has examples and explanations, even about card reader, built-in or connected to DBox2 serial port [Multicam].

As far as your router is concerned [opening your ports]: you need to so it only if you're a server, in which case you only need the TCP protocol. If you are a client only - no need to bother.

Reboot.

Then, press the blue button, hold it a bit longer -> Menu Management -> choose "Camd", then activate CCcam-2.1.1 [camd set]...

Get out and - watch... Working pretty well!!!!!!!

The file attached is to help your CCcam plug-in see/recognise and name the providers...

Cheers!!:)

P.S. Once you're done and it's working well - save everything you did by going to: Expert Setup -> Software Update -> Expert Flash Save/Restore -> Save Image or Part of it -> Flash without bootloader -> Save to /tmp. It will all be in the /tmp folder of your DBox2. Move it over to your PC and voila! If necessary just restore it from the file....

P.P.S. CCcam is big and DBox2 memory is rather limited. I recommend nothing else, in terms of Emus/CS SW and the least possible amount of plug-ins. Btw, from CCcam, allegedly, one can connect to GBox server, Radegast and Newcamd.

P.P.P.S. One can see details of the CCcam traffic on one's PC, using one's net browser, like Firefox, by putting http://192.168.x.xxx:16001 in its address box - where 192.168.x.xxx is your DBox2 address.

gorski

Registered
I forgot:

ADDITIONAL SETTINGS/ADJUSTEMENTS:

Remote control unit [RCU] -> press d-box button -> Setup -> Expert Setup -> Communication Setup -> tick/choose DHCP -> Save -> Reboot and when it reboots your DBox2 should be on the net, automatically getting an IP address. Go to it, then, once again and write it down, you will need it later on!

Depending on the firm that made your DBox2 you can do various things now: for your Remote Control you can choose different lay-outs -> I use Classic (Neutrino_3)version -> Save. A channel list is seen by pressing the OK button on your RCU, then pressing various coloured buttons... it's easy, you'll see...

In Setup -> PB-Menu -> PB-Experten Einstellung -> I enable the New Philips Driver for my Philips DBox2, then
-Multicam
, because I have it built-in now/attached by maestro Bosmannu, plus
-ENABLE UPDATE-URL, so you can go to the net to download and install stuff directly from the net into your DBox2, which makes it all a breeze, from the PB-Enigma server - a SUPER THING!!!

In Setup -> Service Searching setup your system, according to your HW and your needs, like the number of LNBs or maybe a motor and then search the skies...

In Service Organising make your new Favorites, for instance. It's all possible to do, more or less, by using your RCU. But also using your PC and an editor [it's faster that way]...

System Settings -> Time Settings -> choose where you are and if you need it a zone correction... Also, what kind of display, A-V Setings etc. etc.

In Setup you also have the Parental Lock, if you have immature kids, to whom you want to lock some channels...

And so on and on...

gorski

Registered
Mbox + NewCS + Multicam in DBox2 does function:

<emulist>
<emu text="Mbox" emufilename="mbox" emuzusatz="" emuzusatz0="" emuzusatz1="" Ecm="ecm.info " ZapSleep="2" />
<emu text="Mbox/Newcs" emufilename="mbox;newcs" emuzusatz="newcs" emuzusatz0="" emuzusatz1="" Ecm="ecm.info " ZapSleep="2" />
</emulist>

<!-- text= <OSD Name>
emufilename= <camd binary>
emuzusatz= <daemon binary>
ZapSleep= <sleep befor start a camd>
--> [/quote]
emuzusatz= <daemon binary> name of newcs binary
Goku:

Thank you

both emu are running

line is going like this

<emu text="Mbox/Newcs" emufilename="mbox" emuzusatz="newcs" emuzusatz0="" emuzusatz1="" Ecm="ecm.info" ZapSleep="2" />

so
And then:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

<emulist>
<emu text="Mbox" emufilename="mbox" emuzusatz="" emuzusatz0="" emuzusatz1="" Ecm="ecm.info" ZapSleep="2" />
<emu text="Mbox/Newcs" emufilename="mbox" emuzusatz="newcs" emuzusatz0="" emuzusatz1="" Ecm="ecm.info" ZapSleep="2" />
</emulist>

<!-- text= <OSD Name>
emufilename= <camd binary>
emuzusatz= <daemon binary>
ZapSleep= <sleep befor start a camd>
-->
Thank you @BfG28 and @m3mphis

Then, Goku says:

newcs.xml config for multicam in dbox2

you must enable cardserver in pb enigma extra menu

copyright by @telesat

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--

For setup-issues, look in readme.txt!
If there are other troubles, try different forums or irc channels around :eek:)

-->

Code:
<newCSconfig>

<readers name="Card Readers">
        <device>
            <name>MultiCam</name>
            <type>dbox</type>
            <node>/dev/tts/1</node>
            <mhz>600</mhz>
            <parity>even</parity>
            <reset>normal</reset>
            <export>yes</export>
            <enabled>yes</enabled>
            <blocksa>No</blocksa>
            <blockua>No</blockua>
            <blockga>No</blockga>
            <!-- <boxkey>0000000000</boxkey> -->
            <PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake> 
            <crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
            <carddetect>yes</carddetect>
            <newcamd_port>18100</newcamd_port>
            <priority>round</priority> <!--  hard is  default -->
            <autosid>No</autosid>
            <sid>
            <allow>
                    <!-- valid value for id are: 
                      4 numbers, if the service id is 3 numbers, add a 0  infront of it.    -->
            <id></id>
            </allow>
            <deny>
                    <!-- valid value for id are: 
                          4 numbers, if the service id is 3 numbers, add  a 0 infront of it.    -->
            <id></id>    
            </deny>
            </sid>
        </device>
    </readers>    

<radegastserver>
            <!-- valid value for enable are: 
                 0,1 - Enable or Disable radegast server.    -->    
            <enabled>no</enabled>

<!-- valid value for port are: 
                 0,65535 - Which port to listen for incomming  connections.    -->
            <port>10001</port>

<!-- valid value for allow are: 
                 ALL - Not active yet.    -->            
            <allow>
            <hostname>127.0.0.1</hostname>
                        </allow>
    </radegastserver>
    <cache>
        <emm></emm>
        <ecm>10</ecm>
    </cache>    
    <httpd>
        <server>
            <port>8080</port>
            <enabled>yes</enabled>
        </server>
        <user>
            <name>newcs</name>
            <password>newcs</password>
            <accesslevel>admin</accesslevel>
        </user>
    </httpd>
    <debug>
        <level>init</level>    <!--spam-->
        <type>init</type>
        <output>all</output>
        <logfile></logfile>
        <console_options></console_options>
        <file_options></file_options>
        <udp_host>127.0.0.1</udp_host>
        <udp_port>1000</udp_port>
        <udp_options></udp_options>
        <tcp_port>1001</tcp_port>
        <tcp_options>0,init</tcp_options>
    </debug>
    <newcamdserver>
        <enabled>yes</enabled>
        <name>test</name>
        <deskey>01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13  14</deskey>
        <userfile>/tmp/users.txt</userfile>
        <user>
            <name>test</name>
            <password>dbox2</password>
            <au>on</au>
            <hostname></hostname>
            <port></port>
            <sidoverride>off</sidoverride>
            <readers>
                <allow>MultiCam</allow>
            </readers> 
        </user>            
    </newcamdserver>
    </newCSconfig>

Last edited by a moderator:

gorski

Registered
VX is the new, better PB E1 version for it, m8... ;)

See the EX-YU section for details. I can't translate now, sorry... :)

Last edited:

gorski

Registered
This is an email to a friend of mine, to whom I have given my old and trusted Philips DBox2 as a present, flashed it with PB-E1 VX (I wouldn't have anything else in it!) and sorted it out, rather nicely...

Then he fucked it all up and I had to try to explain it all from a distance of a few thousand kilometres... Keep in mind that he is a luddite!!! So, I couldn't presume anything at all - everything had to be explained in simple terms!

I adapted the long email to sit a forum like this, of course...
z4dwink.gif

=====How to prepare oneself======

Connect DBox2 to your PC

One must connect one's PC with DBox2, in order to transfer various files from one's PC to DBox2 and programme it for one's purposes.

The simplest and usually working solution is either:
-indirectly via modem/router, by using a LAN cable or
-directly via a LAN cable.

There is another option, if the latter one above doesn't work: one adds Null Modem Cable as well, from your PC to DBox2.

One can also flash DBox2 using only Null Modem Cable, without using any home network connection. You will find a post of mine elsewhere on this forum, as to how to do it...

===How to flash PB Enigma1 VX into an already "Linuxed" box===

(Note: if one's box has an original FW/OS in it - give it to a professional to "Linux" it for you, unless you are well versed in things technical, in which case there is a lot of technical docs to help you out, all over the net... > start searching here, with a lot more to boot:
https://hallenberg.com/? )

An old PC is preferable because it has a Serial Port [9-pin], in order to be able to use a Null Modem cable [crossed pins: 2/3, 3/2 and straight 5/5], which additional cabling makes it easier to programme one's DBox2. But if one doesn't have an older PC with a 9-pin serial port, one can still do it, using a USB - Serial converter cable.

And even if one doesn't have that, it will still work, most likely, using just a LAN cable.

We shall "flash" DBox2 with PB Enigma 1 VX, using the latest Flashtool, which we shall install on our PC [Windows XP is a better environment for it but it should work on Win7, too] by double-clicking on the file called setup_dboxifa342. Get it here: https://hallenberg.c...ntent=downloads

On your PC go to Start > Programs > you will see an application/programme called "Hallenberg" [DBox Flashing Tool], which we need to start.

Once it is going, you will see a few options/things to do now:
-one must choose an Image, then
-choose the device, then
-how one is connected to dbox2 [LAN and/or serial port - in my case it's just LAN cable via the router, so "NO" to Null Modem cable but as I said, it is better if one has that one, too], then
-Start
-switch off/unplug [from the electrical socket] your DBox2 [there will be a pop-up instruction window to do it], then
-click > OK and then
-plug your DBox back into the electrical socket and wait for the flashing to begin...

There, simple!!!

If you do not succeed the first time, worry not!!! This happens rather often! Simply repeat the procedure until it "catches on" and you see on your PC screen that the flashing is taking place. Also, on your TV screen you shall see the Hallenberg Logo etc. If one has DBox2 connected to the TV, of course...

PATIENCE is da word! Despair not, it will happen eventually!!!

===Various settings/adjustements===

Once one manages and E1 starts on DBox2, one must perform some additional task. Firstly, if memory serves (as I am writing this post factum, using my notes and from memory, without actually doing it, so I can't check everything right now, as my DBox2 is in London and I am on the Continent...), one sees a PC message to switch off the Flashing Tool and unplug and then plug back in the DBox2.

When PB Enigma1 VX Image is up and running, one will encounter questions to answer, while setting it all up:

"Which HW [hardware] do you have?" (for instance, if you have a MultiCam added or HDD or MMC and so on);

"What kind of satellite dish/how many LNBs?" ("Simple" configuration, with up to 4 LNBs = DiSEqC 1 or "Advanced" [like 16 LNBs that I have] = DiSEqC 1.1 or motorised dish = DiSEqC 1.2/USALS).

Settings lists and DB Edit

Sometimes we can simply put in a ready-made list, if somebody made one with a setup like ours and it will be OK... Find such lists online.

The editor is here: http://www.mediafire...44lcb75c512plxo

Once you have the editor, start it, then go to HELP and see how to use it, even on YouTube, with all the details... The settings one must put in are for Enigma1, of course, with your local home network IP address, username (root) and password (usually: dbox2), port (21) etc.

One must do these tasks according to one's Dbox2 (there are various models, which differ in a variety of ways) and satellite dish setup, so I can't cover all the possibilities here. You will find specific help on forums such as this one, if you have difficulties doing it... I will write a little bit more about it now...

Local Home Network IP Address

Get your Remote control unit [RCU] into your hands > press d-box button > Setup > Expert Setup > Communication Setup > untick DHCP > give your DBox2 an IP address [something like: 192.168.1.100] > Save > Reboot and when it reboots your DBox2 should be on both local, home network and internet, ready for all sorts of stuff it can do...

Memory clean-up

After this we shall relieve the rather limited DBoxa2 memory of unnecessary files. DBox2 is old technology and although advanced for its day and age, it is rather limited by today's standards...

Our late colleague, who wrote a lot for DBox2, b0smann, wrote on the topic:

...in var-partition:

-start FileZilla Client (get it on the net, it's free!) and connect with Dbox2
- find var/etc and delete init.d folder [btw, I haven't found it there but it will be OK without doing this step...]
- in /var/share/tuxbox/enigma/pictures delete: radio.mvi, scan.mvi, shutdown.mvi
- in /var/share/tuxbox/enigma/htdocs delete: dm7000.jpg, rc_big.jpg, rc_small.jpg, topbalk2.png, topbalk2_small.png, topbalk3.png, topbalk3_small.png, topbalk4.png, topbalk4_small.png
- in /var delete log folder and make a systemlink instead, usingtelnet by writing: ln -s /tmp /var/log > then hit Enter on your keyboard
Also:

- if one doesn't intend to put an HDD in, delete the file hddtemp.db in /var/share/tuxbox...
- if one uses a satellite box, then delete the cables.xml file in /var/etc
- if one uses a box with avia500, then in /var/tuxbox/ucodes delete the avia600.ux file and vice versa, of course... [one needs to open DBox2 to see which one you have]
Remote control layout

For your Remote Control you can choose different lay-outs -> I use Classic (Neutrino_3) version -> Save. A channel list is seen by pressing the OK button on your RCU, then pressing various coloured buttons... it's easy, you'll see...

...various

In Setup > PB-Menu > PB-Experten Einstellung >

-enable the New Philips Driver for my Philips DBox2 [which might not be present in VX version of E1, I am not sure...], then
-Multicam, because I have it built-in now [attached/installed by maestro b0smann and it can read almost all smartcards!], plus
-ENABLE UPDATE-URL, so you can go to the net to download and install stuff directly from the net into your DBox2, which makes it all a breeze, from the PB-Enigma server - a SUPER THING!!! It might not be present as an option in VX version of E1, that is to say it is already ON...
z4dwink.gif

In Setup -> Service Searching setup your system, according to your HW and your needs, like the number of LNBs or maybe a motor and then search the skies, as I already mentioned...

Once you have the channel list in, it is good to rescan the skies, just in case... When that is done, in Service Organising additionally edit your Favorites. It's all possible to do, more or less, by using your RCU. But also using your PC and an editor [it's faster that way]...

System Settings > Time Settings > choose where you are [Greenich Meantime or whatever...] and if you need it a zone correction...

Also, what kind of display, A-V Settings etc. etc.

In Setup you also have the Parental Lock, if you have immature kids, to whom you want to lock some channels...

===A CCcam (or some other) Emulator===

Emulator & Card Sharing SW [CCcam], as well as the monitoring tool for it [CCcam Info], one can get directly from the net, from a PB support server.

At my end, at this point, I checked the memory and it was only 81% memory capacity, which was fine and it all worked swell, with only 3 good servers!!!

And so on and on and on, according to your setup and needs...

===Not to forget: when you are done, make a backup image, easily - and store it safely!!!===

Again, I shall quote the late maestro b0smann:

In this version go to "PB Extra Settings" > Backup Manager > make a backup of emus [cams], plugins, config files, skins, as well as special folders. When you do this, you will see it all backed up in /tmp/backup folder as a backup.tar.gz package. Now, use FileZilla Client to move it over to your PC.

In case of a problem
and a new installation, move this package to the same folder (/tmp/backup) and use the Recover Backup function, using your remote, in order to re-install it all back into the image in a single move...

One can backup the whole image like this, too! Just be sure that in those menus you choose the option "without the bootloader". The image will be in /tmp folder and it will be complete, around 8MB size. Save it to your HDD, for a rainy day, hehe...

Best of luck!

gorski

Registered
I got/found this a long time ago and I can't remember who/where from, sorry... Anyway, I can't speak German yet, so it couldn't have been me...
rotfal.gif

===============NULL MODEM CABLE ONLY - NO NETWORK FLASHING=================

Da ich ein Problem mit einem völlig zerstörten Image hatte, die Kermel war "zerstört". Hier mal eine Anleitung wie man seine Box noch retten kann.

Die Anleitung ist leicht wiie sie aussieht.

Anleitung für das Flashen einer DBox2 nur über die serielle Schnittstelle ohne Netzwerk

Diese Methode empfiehlt sich, wenn das System der DBox2 vollkommen verstört und keine Netzwerkverbindung mehr möglich ist.

Als erstes Hyperterminal aufrufen und in den Einstellungen konfigurieren.
Bei Erstaufruf Neue Verbindung -> abbrechen.
Datei -> Eigenschaften -> Verbindung über COM1 oder COM2 oder COM3.
Anruf -> verbinden
- Name vergeben
- Anschlusseinstellungen
Bits Sekunde 9600
Datenbits 8
Parität keine
Stopbit 1
Protokoll Xon Xoff
Je nach Windowsversion kann sich der Ablauf leicht unterscheiden.

DBox mit gedrückter Pfeil-nach-unten Taste starten.
Im Hyterterminal erscheinen die Debugmeldungen und der Eingabeprompt dbox2:root>

Jetzt dl 800000 eingeben gefolgt von [enter].
Es erscheint die Meldung
S Record Load, offset: 800000

Als nächstes Übertragung in Hyperterminal anklicken, Textdatei senden auswählen, Dateityp Alle Dateien auswählen, die Datei u-boot.mot (hier angehängt) auswählen und durch klick auf öffnen die Übertragung starten.
Die Dateiübertragung dauert ca. 5 Minuten (bis 15 Minuten) und im Hyperterminal erscheint keine Anzeige über den Verlauf der Übertragung.
Also nicht beunruhigen lassen.

Nach erfolgter Übertragung erscheint die Meldung
dl: start address 0x800000
dbox2:root>

Mit Eingabe von chorus 800000 gefolgt von [enter] wird die u-boot gestartet.
Die 3 Verbindungsversuche der u-boot über Netzwerk muss man jetzt mit jeweils gleichzeitigem drücken der Tasten Strg und c abbrechen.

Es erscheint die Meldung Abort und der Eingabeprompt => der u-boot.

Als nächstes eingeben
- => loadb 120000 115200 gefolgt von [enter]
- Box meldet "## Switch baudrate to 115200 bps and press ENTER ..."
- im Hypertreminal die Verbindung trennen (Anrufen - Trennen), Datei -> Eigenschaften -> Konfigurieren Bits Sekunde auf 115200 ändern und wieder verbinden (Anrufen - Anrufen).
- ENTER drücken
- Box meldet "## Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0x00120000 at 9600 bps..." (keine Sorge, die baud-rate stimmt in der Anzeige nicht).
- im Hyperterminal Übertragung -> "Datei senden" das Image auswählen (Image ohne Bootloader) und mit "kermit"-Protokoll senden
- Die Übertragung dauert ca. 45 Minuten. Im Hyperterminal wird Dauer und Verlauf der Übertragung angezeigt.
- Nach erfolgter Übertragung meldet die Box
- "## Total Size = 0x007E0000 = 8257536 Bytes"
- "## Start Addr = 0x00120000
- "## Switch baudrate to 9600 bps and press ESC ..."
- im Hyperterminal die Verbindung trennen (Anrufen - Trennen), die Konfig. auf 9600 baud - ändern und wieder verbinden (Anrufen - Anrufen).
- ESC drücken
- u-boot Prompt erscheint wieder "=>"
- Nacheinander die 3 Befehle eingeben
- => protect off 10020000 107fffff gefolgt von [enter]
- =>
- => erase 10020000 107fffff gefolgt von [enter]
- =>
- => cp.l 120000 10020000 1F8000 gefolgt von [enter]
Auf Done warten. Dauert ca. 2 Minuten.

Wenn alles richtig gelaufen ist, befindet sich jetzt ein neues Image auf der Box.
Hyperterminal beenden und Box neu starten.

==================ONLINE TRANSLATION====================

Since I have a problem with a completely destroyed image, as the Kernel was "destroyed". Here is a guide how to box his can still be saved.

The instructions are easy to Wiie looks.

Instructions for flashing a dbox2 only through the serial port without network

This method is recommended if the system of DBox2 completely distraught and no network connection is no longer possible.

Call First Hyper Terminal and configure the settings.
Cancel> - In the first call to a new connection.
File -> Properties -> Connection to COM1 or COM2 or COM3.
Call -> Connect
- The name given
- Connection Settings
Bits seconds 9600
Data bits 8
No parity
1 stop bit
Xon Xoff protocol
Depending on the Windows version, the process can differ slightly.

DBox hold down-arrow-start button below.
Hyterterminal appear in the debug messages and the command prompt dbox2: root>

Now dl 800 000 followed by enter [enter].
The message
S Record Load, offset: 800000

Click Next, transfer in HyperTerminal, select Send Text File, select Save as type All files, the file u-boot.mot (here attached) select and open it by clicking to start the transfer.
The file transfer takes about 5 minutes (15 minutes) and the Hyper Terminal, nothing appears on the course of transmission.
So do not be alarmed.

After the transfer, the message
dl: start address 0x800000
dbox2:root>

With input followed by chorus of 800 000 [enter] the u-boats started.
The 3 attempts to connect to the u-boot over the network to cancel you have to push now, each of the Ctrl and c simultaneously.

The message and abort the command prompt => the u-boot.

Next, enter
- => Loadb 120000 115200 followed by [enter]
- Box meldet "## Switch baudrate to 115200 bps and press ENTER ..."
- In the Hypertreminal Disconnect (Call - Disconnect), File -> Properties -> Change Configuration bits 115200 and second to reconnect (Call - Call).
- Press ENTER
- Box meldet "## Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0x00120000 at 9600 bps..." (keine Sorge, die baud-rate stimmt in der Anzeige nicht).
- In the HyperTerminal Transfer -> Send File "to select the Send Image (Image without Boot Loader), and" Kermit "protocol
- The transfer takes about 45 minutes. In the Hyper Terminal duration and course of the transfer is displayed.
- Upon completion of transmission signals the Box
- "## Total Size = 0x007E0000 = 8257536 Bytes"
- "## Start Addr = 0x00120000
- "## Switch baudrate to 9600 bps and press ESC ..."
- In the HyperTerminal disconnect the connection (call - Disconnect), the Config. change and reconnect - to 9600 baud (Call - Call).
- ESC
- U-boot prompt appears again "=>"
- Enter the 3 sequence commands
- => Protect off 10020000 followed by 107fffff [enter]
- =>
- => Erase 107fffff 10020000 followed by the [enter]
- =>
- => Followed by CP.L 120000 10020000 1F8000 [enter]
Wait for Done. It takes about 2 minutes.

If everything went right, there is now a new image on the box.
Hyper Terminal stop and restart the box.