New Dm800 se v2 clone sim2.2

cristo4

Registered
Hi guys!
Anyone tested the new clone Dm800se v2 sim2.20? It'a a new sim, but are there images ready for these kind of sims? or can we switch the sim2.2 wit A8P and install original v2 images?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ill be honest mate i was not aware of a SE V2 clone or a sim 2.2.

Im sure mafaraj57 will answer this though.

digi247

Registered
New Sim 2.2 800se now comes with 1GB Nandflash and 512mb Ram HBBTV and Web Browser compatible

saty

Registered
Hi guys!
Anyone tested the new clone Dm800se v2 sim2.20? It'a a new sim, but are there images ready for these kind of sims? or can we switch the sim2.2 wit A8P and install original v2 images?

There only sample's and they are not handed out yet.

Sim v2.20 is similar to v2.10 it runs on 20131001 orginal drivers.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
All ahead of me on this one then lads.

Thanks for the info :thum:

Although in my opinion the CPU massively lets this and the DMM range down.

My advice spend your money on a VU+ solo2 clone.

serkanguzel

Registered

I agree with you.

Solo2 ; Broadcom 7356, MIPS 1300 Mhz. and 40 nano micron thecnology, duo core, 128 bit bandwith + Twin tuner.
Clone price ; The average price ; 250 - 300 $

800se v2 ; Broadcom 7405, MIPS 1100 Mhz. and 65 nano micron thecnology, duo core, 64 bit bandwith.
Clone price ; The average price ; 200 - 250 $

Last edited:

aliraza63

Registered

Agree . they have just focused to increase ram and flash but didnt look at processor . rather then 400mhz atleast dmm can use 750mhz which is every where in clones available

Last edited:

kadnor

Registered
Perfect analysis. CPU is not
enough fast for nowadays Multimedia IPTV tech.
Can you please confirm that usb port on the dm 800 HD SE front panel (near the cardslots)is for a USB flash
3.00 DRIVE ?Have not been able to get the reply from navigating on the web.
Thanks for your guidance. rgds

is for a USB 3.0 flash drive?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
And i am not sure why you would want too as the Sim2.2 has far more image support than the A8P

And that support has to come via original images that the A8P sim obviously accepts.

digi247

Registered
And that support has to come via original images that the A8P sim obviously accepts.

Granted i accept that but there are also un-official DM images ported over to the Sim2 team as well most of which are not available for the A8P

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Granted i accept that but there are also un-official DM images ported over to the Sim2 team as well most of which are not available for the A8P

Your referring to the VU+ Images modded to run on the clones.

Fair point.

However my view is this if your ok running images with old or patched kernels and drivers and you consider that as support fine run on a a sim2 sim their images do seem to work fine.

If your reasonably ok installing plugins yourself and backups are something your not too concerned with then A8P all the way.

The sim 2 and Ferrari teams all have A8P sims to use in their own boxes to help with the patched images development any way.