Before You Flash Your Clone

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
here we are...the SIM is 2.01 !!
The box is at least 6 or 7 years old and i'd like to upgrade it (and of course change image wich is a Gemini and i'd prefer a BH or OpenPli
1) is it feasible ?
2)which steps ( upgrade bootloader, upgrade SIM, upgrade Image...and in which order)

Could someone point me to a relevant tutorail ( I'm a newbee in DM800 ..;) but not in torturing boxes ( lol)

Thks in advance

Flash the 84b ssl sim2 bootloader if you have a nfi version you can flash this via browser just as you do a image it take seconds.

Then flash your image sim2 84b

satamuse

Registered
dreambox original 800 HD PVR

hi
i thaught that the new boot loader was included in the new image.
regards

Flash the 84b ssl sim2 bootloader if you have a nfi version you can flash this via browser just as you do a image it take seconds.

Then flash your image sim2 84b

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
hi
i thaught that the new boot loader was included in the new image.
regards

It is but if your on a bootloader older than 84 a 84 image will not flash and will report image is old version until you have updated the bootloader.

satamuse

Registered
dreambox original 800 HD PVR

hi ferret
many thanks for helping zorglub!
this way , he will knows what to do
regards

It is but if your on a bootloader older than 84 a 84 image will not flash and will report image is old version until you have updated the bootloader.

fahimjan

Registered
Dear friends,

I have DM800HD PVR clone with these specifications:
Sim2.01
ssl84d

1- Can anyone post download link of an image that works fine with the clone box ?

2- How i install manually (Webinterface) via DCC and telnet as my box remote does not work anymore ?

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Dear friends,

Sim2.01
ssl84d

1- Can anyone post download link of an image that works fine with the clone box ?

2- How i install manually (Webinterface) via DCC and telnet as my box remote does not work anymore ?

Thanks

OpenPLI 4

DOWNLOAD

OpenATV

DOWNLOAD

satamuse

Registered
hi
you need absolutly a remote !!!!
25 euros on the net
regards

Dear friends,

Sim2.01
ssl84d

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have two questions :

1- Should i flash OpenPLI 4 ? I have a clone box (Last confirmation)
2- How do i flash the box ? I dont have access via browser

Both the images posted are for a sim2 clone.

You could flash by dreamup and null cable but that will take around an hour.

fahimjan

Registered
Thanks for the response dear brother,
any other solution or re-installation of Webinterface plugin ?

fahimjan

Registered
Dear Friends,

The problem is still exist, I still do not have access the box via browser and cant flash an image.

I think, the Webinterface plugin is removed and have to reinstall it again, but how ?

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Think you maybe mixing things up you dont need a webinterface to flash your box.

The flashing page is built into the ssl of the box.

If you carnt reach the flashing page when entering the boxes ip then it is most likely a network issue or you need to try another browser.

fahimjan

Registered
Thanks for quick response dear Ferret brother, When i check the plugin section, It says "Some plugin are not available" and its named the "Webinterface"

I dont want to flash a new image, I just want to control my box via browser and i tried Chrome, Firefox and Internet explore, it does not work with any of them.

baba nga durrsi

Registered
Hello everyone.
I need a image for Sunray 800HDse Clone, with sim 2.10 and ssl84. The old image that I have (Nemesis) doesn't work anymore! Thank You.

SLPx

Registered
Dear Members,
Please help me in this.

I have a Dreambox Clone Sim 2.01. It was working with Open PLI 4.0 and stopped working.

I have used Dreamup Patched 'DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas' with serial connection.

Dreamup detected dm800 and flashloader loaded. It went to HTTP mode and the power was gone at that time.

now dreamup could not detect the dm once it asked to switch-on. so could not be flashed from dreamup

Dreambox does not display the web window either and it answers to telnet only.

DM's LCD display panel is not working for some time and now also it does not display anything.

Please mind up until this event this is a fine working model and it now also working for Telnet and FTP.

Please help me to recover the box.

Thanks

PS:
Now it wont appear in network means telnet also gone.
The image I tried flashing is sim201_ssl84D.nfi

Last edited: