Specs needed for 4.2.2

emanresu

Donating Member
I want to buy a used laptop that is capable of processing 4.2.2 feeds. What is the minimum NVidia graphics card and upwards needed to do this and what processor speed is required. How much is a reasonable price to pay. I assume there will never be a set top box that will fully handle this format?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
At least Dual-core or Quad Core
minimum of 4GB RAM better with 6-8GB
2GB NVidia graphics card GTX660 or better
do'nt cheap out with a 1GB Graphics card its really not worth while .
possible now to buy 4-6GB NVidia graphics cards which is ideal
and finally Internal SSD or hybrid SSD since 4:2:2 HD Feeds do require higher specs so do not cheap out with a Fake onboard slow internal HDD
i would agree there is not gonna be any sat reciever doing 4:2:2 any time soon we all wish for that but in reality its just not gonna happen .
Good luck : ))

emanresu

Donating Member
At least Dual-core or Quad Core
minimum of 4GB RAM better with 6-8GB
2GB NVidia graphics card GTX660 or better
do'nt cheap out with a 1GB Graphics card its really not worth while .
possible now to buy 4-6GB NVidia graphics cards which is ideal
and finally Internal SSD or hybrid SSD since 4:2:2 HD Feeds do require higher specs so do not cheap out with a Fake onboard slow internal HDD
i would agree there is not gonna be any sat reciever doing 4:2:2 any time soon we all wish for that but in reality its just not gonna happen .
Good luck : ))

Oh ok had look online £500+ used for one of these. It was going to be for wwe 4.2.2 and for sky sports feeds now that they are all 4.2.2 but for that price against the minority of 4.2.2 probably not worth it. If anyone has had success with lower specs let me know.

furgious

Registered
I use DVB Dream with i5-4570 and R9 270X card. While 4:2:2 feeds i have to switch-off DXVA2 hardware acceleration in LAV and let my CPU handle it @ about 40% load.
It's not a big problem, but when buying a new graphic card (maybe GTX 1060 or RX 480) i would like to know: Can these newer cards handle 4:2:2 feeds with hardware acceleration?