How to Watch PowerVu on PC with Enigma2 and DVB Viewer

Ghouri

Registered
Mates, here is the complete method to watch PowerVu channels on PC/Laptop with the help of Enigma2 receiver without any need of PC DVB card.

Requirements:
1. Enigma2 Reaceiver (like Dreambox, Vu+, Spark Enigma2 receivers etc.) with OpenPLi Image installed (Other Image may also work if it has "Include ECM in HTTP streams" option in it).
2. PC or Laptop
3. DVBViewer Pro Software.
4. PowerVu Emu v2.0 (a DVB Emu plugin)

How to:
1. Create a new bouquet on your Enigma2 receiver, name it PowerVu (or anything) and add all PowerVu channels available with you in it.
2. Make Sure that your Enigma2 receiver and PC are in the same network (LAN or wireless network).
3. Give IP address of your Enigma2 receiver in the address bar of a web browser (FireFox, Opera, Chrome etc.), "OpenWebif" will open if network between your PC and Enigma2 receiver is working properly.
4. Go to Settings - Customize, and check "Include ECM in http streams" checkbox.
5. Go to Bouquets in OpenWebif and see newly added bouquet (having PowerVu channels in it) and click on the TV icon beside it, a bouquet playlist "services.m3u" will download, save it somewhere.
6. Switch your Enigma2 receiver to any channel in the PowerVu bouquet from "Openwebif" or with remote of the receiver and leave it there.
7. Install DVB Viewer Pro.
8. Copy "PowerVu Emu 2.0" files (PowerVuEmu.dll, PowerVuEmu.ini and Softcam.Key) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\Plugins".
9. Now we have to do settings on DVB Viewer.
10. Go to - Settings - Options - Hardware:
- Check "Has CI module" checkbox.
- click "Add" button and select "File Device", "Tuner Type" is "Cable", "Status" is "Normal".
- To add the enigma2 receiver streams to DVB Viewer, click "Settings" - "Add" - "URL". For example "http://192.168.2.10:8001/1:0:1:9:1:9:5A0000:0:0:0:"
- Get PowerVu channels links from already downloaded "services.m3u" by opening it in notepad.
- Set "Frequency" of first URL to "50500" (select from the drop down menu), next URL to "52000" and so on and then press OK.
11. To scan channels, got to "TV/RADIO" - "CHANNEL SCAN":
- TARGET ROOT: name it anything (for example "Powervu").
- TYPE: Cable
- TRANSPONDER LIST: none
- SYMBOLE RATES: 6900 (only)
- "FREQUENCY" starts from "50500" to the frequency which you gave tou your last URL.
- Untick all checkboxes.
- Click "Scan Range" and wait for the scan to complete.
12. Go to "Plugins" and enable "PowerVu Emu 2.0".
13. Go to Channel List and open your channel by clicking on it to watch it open just like an FTA channel on your PC.

And don't forget to press thanks if you like this tutorial.

Regards,
Ghouri

Screenshots for guidance:

5rCJ2NN.jpg

zJaDK2F.jpg

NsRvUWu.jpg

oqJ0K80.jpg

e7biUih.jpg

gmkHXJl.jpg

WJcTEHe.jpg

QCFOVqc.jpg

oqhuouw.jpg

ItFiYWZ.jpg

Mu9goE5.jpg

Last edited:

fiji

re:

Hi Ghouri!

This program is only for cable or can be via satellite channels?
att
hoffmann
Hi !
This Is Already Posted Here But No Details Check This .

I use dvbviewer netstream plugin, have ticked unicast and assigned the proper interface. and on dreambox I add this on the IPTV bouquet list: "http://dreambox-IP: port"
This Is On Satellite Dish Channel VIA IP
Of E2 Supported Receivers & Aslo Work Without PC Satellite Card
In DVBViewer Pro .
Just DVBViewer Read E2's IP With Search Method Of Ghouri 's Post .Connectivity Only Ethernet Data Cable Like Sharing Internet To Another Pc .

Ghouri

Registered
Hi Ghouri!

This program is only for cable or can be via satellite channels?
att
hoffmann

As rightly pointed out by fiji, it is a method to watch PowerVu encrypted satellite channels from an Enigma2 receiver through local network streaming on a PC which decodes those with DVB Viewer (with PowerVu Emu plugin).
It is for those users who don't have PC DVB card or PowerVu supported receiver and want to watch those channels with their existing Enigma2 receivers.
It can be used till that time until we have some emu available for Enigma2 receivers which supports PowerVu.

renshai

Registered
@ Ghouri, Ali and all, I have the latest DVBviewer paid and licenced and tried three different computers but cannot the plugin tab to appear. As in here http://i.imgur.com/WJcTEHe.jpg between "settings" and "help" I am getting paranoid at this stage... Any idea what I am doing wrong? All help welcome

hoffmann

Registered
Hi stinkefisch!

Know me know how can the streaming of channels that would like to attend? Satellite channels 58.0 w.

Do I have to write these channels? Even though coded?

Ghouri

Registered
@ Ghouri, Ali and all, I have the latest DVBviewer paid and licenced and tried three different computers but cannot the plugin tab to appear. As in here http://i.imgur.com/WJcTEHe.jpg between "settings" and "help" I am getting paranoid at this stage... Any idea what I am doing wrong? All help welcome
Did you copy PowerVu emu files (dll, ini & softcam) in the Plugin folder inside your DVB Viewer installation folder on C drive?

hoffmann

Registered
What is going on? The channel does not open the video only the audio appears to key information not found in softcam.key.

Ghouri

Registered
What is going on? The channel does not open the video only the audio appears to key information not found in softcam.key.
I hope you are using softcam in correcct format i.e. with video and audio pids included.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

hoffmann

Registered
Hi!
Follow the channel information. Could you explain me how is the softcam? It shows how is the assembly before the key.

video PID: 0X0afa
audio PID: 0X0AF4
pcr PID: 0X0AFA
Pmt PID: 0X1486
tSID: 0X0065
oNID: 0X0001
sID: 0X00FE

service reference:1:0:1:fe:65:1:bcc8ff0:0:0:0:

Wait one return.

Anubis_Ir

Registered
It has no special format anymore. just enter
P 0000 00 key0 ; comments
P 0000 01 key1 ; comments
P 0000 00 key2 ; comments
P 0000 01 key3 ; comments
; and so on

If your keys are expired, you will see the relevant message in the plugin's monitor.

Last edited:

hoffmann

Registered
Hi Anubis_Ir!
I had the information that the softcam should also have the Video and Audio PID the format, so I wanted to know how to assemble the softcam?
Wait return.

Anubis_Ir

Registered
"the softcam should also have the Video and Audio PID the format"
Not anymore! just enter 0000 as the ident.

kingcarlos

Registered
Hi , could i have some help. I try to do the installation but the Has CI module is disabled. I use 5.4.1.0 DVBViewer and the latest PowerVu EMU .

meho7

Registered
Im trying to get this going but it's a no show so far.
The version im using is DVBPro V6.0.3.0
1st problem in settings mode i can't even tick the 'Has CI Module' when i add File Device but when i add TS stream, rtsp stream or DVB IP i can. Also the screenshot of the scan settings from the 1st page are completely different to mine

Ghouri

Registered
This is because you are using version different than tested by me. I can't help you in this regard.