Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or slide-in ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

Replacing my 1.1 mtr Triax dish

Satellite Equipment

Old 28-09-2016, 19:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

hey
only the dish(gibertini 125) without the dishholder is about 6 kg.
the weight of the complet dish is about 15 kg

furzi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to furzi For This Useful Post:
el samak (28-09-2016), VodzigorLans (28-09-2016), william-1 (28-09-2016)
Old 29-09-2016, 12:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

You may find that the actual weight of a fully setup Gibertini 1.25m is more like 21kg + it is a very heavy beast of a dish
Sponsored Links
Old 29-09-2016, 12:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

I went from Triax 110cm to a Gibby 125cm about three weeks ago now.
I have gain about 6% on 11021V 7200 7.0e with my TM5402

Using a c120 and giiby feedhorn.

I can tell you though that the gibby does not weigh 6kg ! Unless they have started making them in some super light weight metal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to keano16 For This Useful Post:
dog-man (29-09-2016), el samak (29-09-2016), Ferret (29-09-2016), Graff Philkoff (12-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 16:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,506 Times in 665 Posts

OK, I have decided on getting a Gibertini 1.25 dish regardless of the weight.

The cheapest I can source at the moment here in the Uk is £125. Anyone know of any cheaper? I would prefer to buy new rather than used just in case there is some damage the seller is not being honest about.
Old 01-10-2016, 16:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

I got mine 2nd hand, I would not have parted with the cash if it was damaged.
I had to drive from Manchester to York and back to pick it up but it cost me 50 quid.

The feedhorn I already have because I have a Gibby 150cm that is put away at the side of the shed due to having a wife.
I always say its better to have no wife if you are into Sat tv :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to keano16 For This Useful Post:
Graff Philkoff (07-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 16:47  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 9,166 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
OK, I have decided on getting a Gibertini 1.25 dish regardless of the weight.

The cheapest I can source at the moment here in the Uk is £125. Anyone know of any cheaper? I would prefer to buy new rather than used just in case there is some damage the seller is not being honest about.
Aren't these normally about £200 new? £125 seems cheap to me. Plus you'll need a polarmount, unless you are planning on using it on your old one? But bear in mind the extra weight, as these are intended to go on their own mount really. The gibby mount is much stronger than it looks, my 1.5m is rock solid on it.
Old 01-10-2016, 16:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Best price I found for a 125 is £150.

I have my 125 fixed on 7.0e, I bet you can guess why ;-)

My mount for my 150 I had made at a engineers I use to deliver to, it weighs a ton and a bit overkill but did not want to take chances with wind load on dish.
Old 01-10-2016, 17:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,506 Times in 665 Posts

I intend trying it with my superior darkmotor first as that claims it can handle dishes upto 1.4mtrs.

If the motor can't cope with it, I will obtain a proper polar mount etc, although I could also temporarily use it fixed at 7E as my existing dish copes well with most satellites within my range of reception.
Old 26-11-2016, 00:29  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

im thinkin to change my Antena Parabólicade aero Off-Set 110cm TELEVES Naranja for gibertini 120 is for motor stab120 would be improved i think televes dish is too much heavy.
Old 21-02-2017, 00:18  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 1,567 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
OK, so basically any dish bigger than my Triax 1.1 is an improvement.

I would love to go to a 1.5mtr, but I think it would attract attention from neighbours and my local council.
In reality the triax TD110 is a 1m dish. the Channel master 1.2m is a fair improvement. 0.5- 0.6DB or 5%ish with the AVL6222 VU+ duo, solo(4k) tuners on 11020V on 7e, likley enough of a bump to secure rain reception. Though they do tend to bump the signal up in the rain.

Last edited by Ragnarok; 21-02-2017 at 00:22..