Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or slide-in ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

Replacing my 1.1 mtr Triax dish

Satellite Equipment

Old 19-09-2016, 22:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,508 Times in 667 Posts

I suppose the real question is, what make is the best sat dish of all?

I thought Gibertini?
Old 19-09-2016, 22:35  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Gibertini maybe Volkswagen or Audi, but real Mercedeses are Andrew, Raven, Prodelin, Channel Master (all plastic)
This is my IMHO again
The Following User Says Thank You to RimaNTSS For This Useful Post:
barney2222 (19-09-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2016, 22:37  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimaNTSS View Post
Gibertini maybe Volkswagen or Audi, but real Mercedeses are Andrew, Raven, Prodelin, Channel Master (all plastic)
This is my IMHO again
Is that correct?
Old 19-09-2016, 22:37  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Best 1.2m dishes.......

IRTE, Channel Master/Andrews/ Raven
Old 19-09-2016, 22:46  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

And I forgot to mention Lamborghini.... which is Fibo 1,2m Gregorian type dish. But, seriously, it is not so easy to say that dish A is better than dish B. Firstly we should set list of criteria and then do tests. Some points for criteria could be:
- size;
- durability (not easy to measure);
- color;
- weight;
- performance (not easy to measure);
- price;
- other criteria;

Last edited by RimaNTSS; 19-09-2016 at 22:50..
Old 19-09-2016, 22:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

OK, so basically any dish bigger than my Triax 1.1 is an improvement.

I would love to go to a 1.5mtr, but I think it would attract attention from neighbours and my local council.
Old 19-09-2016, 23:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
I think I am going to get one.

My Triax is very heavy and difficult to adjust elevation because of the weight.

The Gibertini only weighs 4kg. The Triax is nearer 13kg, so it will be easier to adjust the elevation. I can also keep using my dark motor supreme or whatever it is called.
Not sure where you get your weights from the Gibby is 15.1KG
The Following User Says Thank You to pipedream For This Useful Post:
william-1 (28-09-2016)
Old 19-09-2016, 23:12  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

The triax 1.1 is 100cm horizontally. The gibby is one of the few dish that measures the closest to its stated size.

Triax is closer to 10.5kg total.
Gibby is 15kg total as the heavy duty azel mount is about 10kg in weight.

Gibby should trump the triax for gain but triax still performs real good for most feeds so depends what you need for.
Old 19-09-2016, 23:14  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I want the best for a decent price as we all do.
Old 19-09-2016, 23:26  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Good performance is very general statement without real comparison tests. Decent price is also very general.... does that mean "the cheapest" ?
I would say, look for used 1,2m polar-mounted Channel Master on the second-hand market (that, if you are lucky, could cost 50-100 EUR), and that will be best option at decent price.