Sat-Shop.co.uk

7 east feeds

Signal Reception

Old 14-08-2016, 11:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default 7 east feeds

I noticed there was a FTA feed for the Hull v Leicester game yesterday. When I scanned it in the signal was quite weak - It showed as 65% but constantly broke up and was unwatchable. I am thinking of increasing my dish size from 88cm to 110cm. Before I do anything do you think the increase in dish size would make any difference to obtaining these feeds or do these feeds require a bigger dish altogether.
Old 14-08-2016, 12:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 1,424 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutster View Post
I noticed there was a FTA feed for the Hull v Leicester game yesterday. When I scanned it in the signal was quite weak - It showed as 65% but constantly broke up and was unwatchable. I am thinking of increasing my dish size from 88cm to 110cm. Before I do anything do you think the increase in dish size would make any difference to obtaining these feeds or do these feeds require a bigger dish altogether.
A new LNB might make it slightly less marginal or worse, however the golden rule is if you want more signal a bigger dish is the way to go. 1.1M should be fine and give you some rain fade margin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:
barney2222 (14-08-2016), Nutster (14-08-2016), opx20 (17-08-2016)
Old 14-08-2016, 13:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I used TD110 dish IBU lnb in SWUK and signal was 80% on TM5402
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
Nutster (14-08-2016)
Old 16-08-2016, 14:39  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I'm in the same boat. Currently got an 88cm but not picking up any feeds on 7e so looking at possibly upgrading dish size. I know my dish is slightly out so I will have a go at re-aligning it first to see what difference if any that makes.
Old 16-08-2016, 15:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

I have a 88cm triax and nothing on that so dug out my 110cm triax and got a signal.
Then I switched lnb to a twin inverto ultra and gained another 6% which in this game is massive.
I've no rain here in Manchester which is very unusual during a match so I don't know if it will go off.
Don't forget good quality cable is a must.
Don't even think about rg6.

Depending on where you are you may want to look at a 125cm gibertini these are one of the best dishes you can get.
Old 16-08-2016, 16:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I'm in the North West myself so my 88cm is clearly a no go. I'm looking at the triax 110. Problem is my dish is chimney mounted on the roof so I can only go so big. I've already got an Inverto Black ultra quad lnb and quality cable so an upgrade to the dish is the only thing left.
Old 16-08-2016, 23:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

It's never a good idea to mount a dish on a chimney stack. The 110cm has a big surface so on a very windy day or even a storm they will be a hell of a lot of pressure on that dish.
No way you leave it on the ground ?
If not make sure chimney is sound and solid, I always swing or put pressure on the mount before putting dish on.
Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keano16 For This Useful Post:
barney2222 (16-08-2016), dannyt0812 (17-08-2016)
Old 17-08-2016, 18:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Dish was fitted to the chimney professionally about 5 years ago now and touch wood no problems. Was the only possible site for the dish due to location/trees. I'll dig the ladders out tomorrow and have a close look at it before making any decisions. Cheers mate
The Following User Says Thank You to dannyt0812 For This Useful Post:
reza_ (18-08-2016)
Old 19-08-2016, 15:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 1,424 Times in 181 Posts

on the south coast of the UK, a td110 gives a fair rain fade margin, too quite a heavy shower that even took out fox sport europe Hd to rain it off. on my 90cm fortec star no sign of IMGA Europe in perfect weather.

I saw the best signal I have seen yet on IMGA Europe in the rain this morning.
Old 19-08-2016, 15:15  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 3,403 Times in 970 Posts

signal also much better here ! ....11,5 dB before it was 10 dB
Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts).
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.