Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

LACUNA/WOLSEY METER FILES

Satellite Equipment

Old 02-06-2015, 20:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi all I have this meter mkiv (yellow 5 button) I need to update the transponders for several satellites all its reading now is vertical on 28.2 and horizontal on 13 is there a step by step for doing this or can someone advise I don't have the work (due to career change) to justify replacing it out right any help advice would be great. so far I've read the data from the meter and attempted to open it in the editor but to no avail . Thanks P
Old 02-06-2015, 21:05  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,289 Posts

you just update it with the software in post 2 with a usb cable but that list will be out of date now, I got mine updated when I sent it away for a service to the isle of weight, the guy there is the only repair and service person for these meters in the UK
Old 18-08-2015, 14:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default New Lacuna DSM Mk4 Datasets

Hi,
New member here, first time to post.
I have been using this old Satellite meter for some time now, I had to have it fixed a few years ago and I made contact with a company based in Stockport who carried out the repair.
They also supplied Satmeter-3 program for editting the datasets.
I have worked my way through this and managed to keep my own meter up to date, unless you do this the meter is effectively scrap.
I have checked the current dataset I have and it works perfectly.
If anyone needs a copy or would like a working description of how to use this with the Mk4 meter I am happy to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to makitamark For This Useful Post:
Brummie (18-08-2015)
Old 18-08-2015, 14:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Satmeter-3 Program

There are a few PC programs, (satloader) and (meterloader) both these programs appear to be the same and are for loading the software file onto the meter.
Neither of these two programs allows the datasets themselves to be modified.
Satmeter3 is a program that allows datasets to be downloaded to the meter as well as allowing datasets to be modified as need be.
Satmeter3 is the only program I use.

How to use Satmeter3

1. Connect USBa lead into Laptop
2. connect other end (USBb) into Lacuna meter
3. Note the Port Number assigned to it
4. Open the Satmeter3 program
5. open ‘utilities’ and set the correct Port
6. click ‘file’ and open a previously saved Dataset
7. Modify as required
8. save the modded dataset with todays date
9. remember to change the top line: UK multisat xxxxxx
10. make sure meter is powered up and connected to reliable power
11. click ‘utilities’ and select ‘download’ to send info to meter
12. usually takes a minute or so
13. pop up window appears; 160 entries written
14. power cycle meter to enable new dataset
The Following User Says Thank You to makitamark For This Useful Post:
Brummie (18-08-2015)
Old 18-08-2015, 15:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Sky 28e dataset information

I use my meter mostly for installing/checking Sky LNB feeds, I have had to update the Sky section of the Dataset many times, my current set is this:
August 2015
Vertical Low: 10758 SR:22000 FEC: 5/6
Horizontal Low: 10773 SR:22000 FEC: 5/6
Horizontal High: 12266 SR:27500 FEC: 5/6
Vertical High: 12480 SR:27500 FEC: 2/3
Named this dataset: UK Multi 040815
Uploaded to meter on 04th August 2015, tested this dataset on the Quattro LNB on site at Worral, Sheffield.
I have also modified the Hotbird settings recently,these have been tested and do work, I will submit the complete dataset itself, hopefully it can be attached.
Old 18-08-2015, 15:42  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default lacuna dsm Mk4 dataset August 2015

Satmeter-3 program
For use with the Lacuna DSM Mk4 Satellite meter.

Data Sheet
Attached Files
File Type: zip UK multisat040815.zip (3.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: zip SatMeter-3.zip (360.4 KB, 26 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to makitamark For This Useful Post:
Abu Baniaz (23-04-2016), Brummie (18-08-2015), mosaabsat (25-08-2015)
Old 13-09-2015, 18:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Mark III satellite meter to North America

I need loder for LACUNA III yellow III button loder
l. Hel
Old 14-09-2015, 17:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,088 Times in 466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidok View Post
I need loder for LACUNA III yellow III button loder
l. Hel
have you looked at the first 2 posts in this thread? there is the loader for a PC, a data-set editing programme and .pdf file. rgds
Old 28-09-2015, 10:26  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by makitamark View Post
Satmeter-3 program
For use with the Lacuna DSM Mk4 Satellite meter.

Data Sheet
Hi. I have plugged my Lacuna Mk 4 meter into my PC to do the update. The PC says " No driver found " So I can't see my meter. How do I resolve this problem? And also, do I have to Unzip the file of thee update first. Thanks.
Old 30-09-2015, 05:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi, I'm running Windows Vista and everything needed was there in the installation files, I guess it could be related to the Operating System you're using?
Remember these programs were designed some time ago.
Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts).
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.