Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > C-Band Chat

C-Band/Ka-Band Reception in the UK (Dish Project: LNBs, Dish, Alignment) - Post your results here...

C-Band Chat

Old 23-11-2016, 02:15  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdade View Post
An update from me related to the 2.4m fortec star antenna ordered couple of weeks ago...

Arrived well packed, but I was quite surprised with the weight of the package, could only just move it by myself.

Assembly fairly easy as long as you use an upturned bucket to support the petals at the centre, and take your time building it. I put the support assembly onto the reflector face down, then lifted whole thing onto the concrete pad.

Seems to be designed for C band, feed support arms come with holes to connect direct to a scalar ring. The unit came with an a KU LNB adaptor plate which I have not used.

Plus points :

Very low cost £195 inc delivery
surprisingly good build quality reflector
Decent results from 55W where it is pointed at the moment

Needs improvement :-)

Nuts were not all well made I had 5 that were not threaded properly.
No washers included
Anchor bolts not easy to use, not quite long enough probably will have to replace.
Az El base not the best, the Az part is not really adjustable a case of move the whole thing around not easy
The base is going to rust, in fact already can see some issues around the bottom where I have been moving it. Hamerite needed.
Wish could buy the polar mount to go with it
No useful instructions

So the results.

Have C1W-PLL on there at the moment, Technomate TM6902 :

220 channels scanned…

4004 V IMC Worldcup 2014 signal 87, quality 68, works well, no luck with Sportsmax 1 or 2 on same TP
3846 V Fox + others, signal 89 quality 63, working, thanks to all for software upgrade :-)

Not tried other satellites as yet may try for 58W next, not done this yet because wanted the IMC channel and how difficult it is to move.

Next step to find a polar mount for it….

Can upload some pics if of interest. Any questions fire away…
Where did you buy it?
Old 26-11-2016, 17:34  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by empb View Post
New Freq: Intelsat 34 @ 55.5°W 3735 V 10000. Posted elsewhere (Lyngsat & Najmsat), I dont have 55.5°W to test can you confirm?
Nothing here for me on that TP also.
Old 26-11-2016, 17:37  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg20050 View Post
Where did you buy it?
Hi, Hopefully breaking no rules furnitureland.direct, in Hull UK via the well known auction site on the www
Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts).
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.