Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Signal Reception
Sat-Shop.co.uk

Satellite Beam Footprint

Signal Reception

Old 04-03-2012, 12:03  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Arrow Satellite Beam Footprint

When searching for a satellite, it's very important to know if the beam reaches your location. A very useful database can be found on http://satbeams.com.
Just select the satellite and one of the available beams. You can also select your location, zoom in/out on the map, etc.

What beam is using each TV channel you can find on www.lyngsat.com, http://www.flysat.com/, http://kingofsat.net, and many other sites (some of there eg Flysat also have Footprint "maps". Which really should be called Footprint guides).
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WinR For This Useful Post:
absdps (29-01-2017), dorenti olgeri (30-09-2012), empb (29-01-2017), espns (30-05-2016), gencidaja3 (12-08-2012), Graff Philkoff (14-09-2016), hoha (18-11-2016), maltB (29-04-2013), molhopicante (24-07-2014), mxair (04-11-2015), Ppanos (09-05-2012), utdman (26-09-2016), vasco8 (19-09-2014)
Old 18-05-2016, 10:43  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Can I receive Express AM8 at 14.0°W with 50 cm dish in London ?
Old 29-01-2017, 01:43  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Can I rx Astra 4A in UAE?
Old 29-01-2017, 10:05  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absdps View Post
Can I rx Astra 4A in UAE?
No you can not.
Old 29-01-2017, 11:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,782 Times in 603 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinR View Post
When searching for a satellite, it's very important to know if the beam reaches your location. A very useful database can be found on http://satbeams.com.
Just select the satellite and one of the available beams. You can also select your location, zoom in/out on the map, etc (...)

That's a very good point
However not everytime beam declared and signal reception coincide..

Look at the following cases.

Boths couldn't be received in central italy. But...

Last edited by klim; 29-01-2017 at 11:10..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klim For This Useful Post:
daveondisc (29-01-2017), pedro2000uk (29-01-2017)
Old 29-01-2017, 11:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

and...

So, it's ever good to check everything

Last edited by klim; 29-01-2017 at 11:12..
The Following User Says Thank You to klim For This Useful Post:
daveondisc (29-01-2017)
Old 29-01-2017, 11:46  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klim View Post
However not everytime beam declared and signal reception coincide..
I see your point. Then it should not be a problem for me to pull some signals from 28,5*E!
Old 29-01-2017, 12:47  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimaNTSS View Post
I see your point. Then it should not be a problem for me to pull some signals from 28,5*E! (...)
Oh... as I see it could be a problem but never give up.
Look at older experiences..
Sombody 10 years ago about could receive Astra from Brazil
Astra reception from Brazil

Why shouldn't you be as lucky as him now?

Last edited by klim; 29-01-2017 at 12:51..
Old 29-01-2017, 13:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I see, it works! Well, I am cheating, sorry for that.... I do not say size of antenna I am using
The Following User Says Thank You to RimaNTSS For This Useful Post:
pedro2000uk (29-01-2017)
Old 29-01-2017, 13:56  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,136 Times in 383 Posts
Arrow UK Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimaNTSS View Post
No you can not.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.