Problem with a new TBS 5520 SE

pierangelo74

Registered
Dears,
yesterday I received my new TBS 5520 SE.

The card seems ok, BUT I HAVE GREAT PROBLEMS TO MAKE IT WORK PROPERLY.

I have problems to make it recognize by softwares (Smartdvd, DVB viewer and progdvb) and after many attemps when I make it, it is enough to change satellite and sometimes even frequency to restart it again and struggle with software to make it recognize.
Then I did it only once to make work Diseq.

When the card decides to work, it is very good (tuner, t2-mi and multistrem).

I used even last drivers by the mighty Crazycat, but they are not working, a lot better with Florian's but I can't use diseq..... and I know it should work, once it did.... :(

This is not the way to enjoy it...

So I will pass next days trying to find help ......

any idea?

Best regards

Pierangelo

I use win 10, and the card seems recognise by the system with a usb pan as symbol in the tray.
I am using both usb plug (red and black)

pierangelo74

Registered
Only to close my posts. On monday it will be sent back.

From a technical point of view it is a very good card and I should have been happy with it, MIS, t2-mi, good reception, BUT in terms of reliability (maybe I am unlucky) very bad, you change between 2 programs and the card starts not working...

and then difficult diseq... and after 10 minutes.... too hot...

TBS could do a lot better... but the starting point is good, tuner is very good..

Regards

mazzhammer

Registered
Hello, I buyed a TBS5927 and got the same problems indicated by Pierangelo74.
Sometimes the device works like a charm, but in the 80% of times I get a blue screen and my pc reboots without reason...
Times the card working it's very nice but I got a lot of frustration in the last days...
Using the last drivers and a clean win7 installation.
Any idea?
Max.