See a recorded ts file

kebien

Registered
You can simply use VLC
It has an option to accept a CSA key and will decrypt it for you.
You can also start VLC using a command line which includes the key.....using option --ts-csa-ck <string> CSA Key
Can't be any simpler than that.
No need to install anything.

Last edited:

vsat3229

Registered
BISS can not be synced with TS

Dears

I am getting the error BISS can not be synced with TS, when i use modysat.

MickeEst

Registered
Hi

Same problem. I recorded BISS-crypted file with VLC. When I put correct key in to VLC, it plays the file. But if I try to make a decrypted copy of the file, both ModySat and TSDec gives an error:

trying to sync...
sync at packet 391. using CW #0 "0 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx"
TS sync byte 0x47 not found at packet nr.: 76125 (0x00da5f90). TS corrupt?

Trying to use VLC to make clean copy also fails.

Is there some way to repair this file?

Tnx

cayoenrique

Upload a small part of recording. We look at the problem.

From posted error it complains at not see 0x47. Maybe it is not a standard mpeg-2 TS format.

MickeEst

Registered
The file is part of recording from ESC rehearsal this monday (7E satellite feed), so it should be a normal TS. Don't have editing programme so can't cut piece from it and full recording is too big to upload.

cayoenrique

Most of us just use Hex editors.

But to be honest, for long time I have thought on having an EASY to use tool to split TS files. Well any bin file. Let me look at any available solution. If not, I try to build a small one.

Size is always an issue, as Size is in fact determine by how many channels a transponder has and the quality of the video in it. In general we all like to see at least two ECMs, or at least 20 seconds. But BISS not having ECMs smaller parts are good enough.

MickeEst Is the recording a full transponder or a single channel?

I will see what I can find. Maybe we could even tel winrar/7zip to split while compressing. I bet you that will work.

See you later.

BlackyW

Registered
If you've got the tool Total Commander, it's very easy to split a file: Select a file -> Menue Files -> Split Files.. (lower part of this menue) -> chose the size (from 1 to 700MB) -> new files (.001, .002 a.s.o) and an index file (.crc) are produced.
There's also an item in the Menue Files to combine the splitted files again (only choose the .crc file)
Hope I could help!

paajer

Registered
Hi

Same problem. I recorded BISS-crypted file with VLC. When I put correct key in to VLC, it plays the file. But if I try to make a decrypted copy of the file, both ModySat and TSDec gives an error:

trying to sync...
sync at packet 391. using CW #0 "0 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx"
TS sync byte 0x47 not found at packet nr.: 76125 (0x00da5f90). TS corrupt?

Trying to use VLC to make clean copy also fails.

Is there some way to repair this file?

Tnx

was this issue ever resolved?

Encountered the same error today while using ModySat. Did a 3hour recording of a hevc 422 feed, cudabissed the key afterwards and tried to decrypt it. The recording itself had 0 packet loss.

ModySat decrypted the first 17 minutes of the recording successfully and than displayed the 0x47 error

I've attached a 26 second sample of the ts file, cut from the exact point where ModySat will break. ModySat will decrypt the first 8 seconds of this sample only.

Code:
size of input ts file (210489248) is not multiple of 188! (1119623 packets and 124 garbage). TS file may be corrupt!
writing decrypted stream to C:\Temp\sample4decryption_decrypted.ts
trying to sync...
sync at packet 191. using CW #2 "0 07 EC XX XX XX XX XX XX"
TS sync byte 0x47 not found at packet nr.: 351966 (0x03f1aa4c). TS corrupt?

sample (200mb): https://mega.nz/#!Z45ixQAB!WvYSXIH6zk1XPvQL1Rjo4bcXaBiI5V8n77sPyXX9h4s

any help is appeciated. :thum:

Psilos2003

Registered
Open the file with a hex editor, you'll see that one packet is 72 bytes long instead of the expected 188. It is easy to find it if you can set the bytes per line to 188, then all lines up to that packet start with the 0x47 byte. I would interpret this as ts corruption even though you have no packet loss. You can try to either
a. pad that packet with zeros to make it 188 bytes long, or
b. delete that packet.
In either case it looks like you may have some glitch in the video.

paajer

Registered
@Psilos2003 :thum::thum:

thanks for that detailed explanation, I was able to fix the issue by adding 116 bytes at the point where it was corrupt, like you described.

the sample decrypted successfully after that

Code:
size of input ts file (210489364) is not multiple of 188! (1119624 packets and 52 garbage). TS file may be corrupt!
writing decrypted stream to C:\Temp\sample4decryptionfixed_decrypted.ts
trying to sync...
sync at packet 191. using CW #2 "0 07 EC XX XX XX XX XX XX"
end of TS input file reached. Total number of packets: 1119624.
total time 24.09s (46469 packets/s, 8.33 MB/s)

A visual of the Hex editor (UltraEdit) set to 188 hex characters per line shows where my sample ts file gets corrupted.

image.png

grazie mille!