DM900 heating

Stickan

Registered
I have noticed that my DM900 is freezing rather often. After taking of the cover it works fine. May be I need some cooling fan. Bu I do not know where to connect it. Does somebody know something about this? :confused:

Stickan

Registered
OK. Jou are telling me to place a fan under the box and connect to usb connector on the back side. Easiest way off cource, but I would like to have the fan inside the box nd connected inside as well.

Stickan

Registered
But I have put a small usb-fan under the box and it works fine. But i should really been a fan within the box originally. i do not know how DMM think. I have asked DMM but off course no answer.

RimaNTSS

As far as I remember, heating was always an issue for Dream Multimedia receivers. Luckily it is always possible to find some space inside the box and install fan. I've made it for my DM8000 many years ago and it still works.
@Stickan , could you show some pictures of the inside space of your box?

RimaNTSS

I do not think you can brick your receiver if you simply connect fan to 4-pin connector. Just try. Do you have some fans available? I can send you several (in different sizes) if you wish. You only pay shipping.