DVB500HD Help

cilis

Registered
Hi all,i am fairly new to this, i have a clone DM500hd which went bonkers when i updated a plugin,i have gone through the posts and found how to flash etc. http flash is no longer working after flashing with Sim2_500HD_ssl84B.nfi so i am assumig i need an earlier image. however i note that when i plug in usb windows is seeing the box as DM800s is this normal, also which is the correct image i should use ? is it the ssl83 ?

thanks and apologies for newbie questions, the DM is fairly new to me as my experience was always on my ex beloved hummy :)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Try reflash it with sunray flashup with service cable and ethernet cable attached.

Does the 500 have a mini flashup button on the rear ?

Not sure about it showing as a 800 you could not of flashed a 800 image the box would not accept it.

cilis

Registered
Hi mate thanks for your respone, re flashup button do you mean mini usb ? if that's what you mean yes it called service port at the back, i did not do anything apart from updatin a plugin online and it went beserk, and yes win 7 sees it as an 800Se re image it used to show Enigma 2.1 before it went haywire what should i use as an image ? thanks for your prompt help mate

cilis

Registered
PS Sunray keeps giving me no com port found but i guess this is my laptop as i cannot see any com ports but will use a different laptop for that thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Get a sutaible image for your sim and a laptop that see the box.

Connect a service cable and ethernet

Start sunray flashup and tick the network box. Under remote box ip enter a IP in your routers DHCP range.

Click connect and then power up the 500. Flashup should report your in HTTP mode if it does not start again till it does.

Then use the ip you gave the box in flashup in your browser and flash the image.

cilis

Registered
thanks mate, re image just rememberd that i was using Nemises 2.3 any idea where i can get a copy as the links on sat univers for the images do not work once again thanks for your help

cilis

Registered
thanks mate i am sure the booth screen used to say enigma 2.3 but have no clue if it's sim2 or not go the box 11months ago is there a way of checking ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Gold sticker underneath saying sim 2 or take top off and look at sim.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a Ferrari sim then !

Let us know the other image i linked to is no good. You flash a sim2 image to a Ferrari box this is where the problem occured.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah sim 2 so you can use that image i linked too.

cilis

Registered
thanks mate so far i got to sunray flash up connect, asks me to switch on the db but then nothing happens :(

cilis

Registered
ps win 7 still sees it as a DM800SE and this is another laptop so nothing was installed before strange

cilis

Registered
giving up :( tried a million times nothing happens after connect thanks mate for your help

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have a ethernet cable connected ?

Do you have network ticked in flash up ?

When you press connect is the 500 still powered off ?

cilis

Registered
yes to all ethernet connected, network ticked db switched off then i click connect and sunray says connection prepared switch on dreambox, i switch it on and can see that it's on but nothing else happens

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so did you enter a IP in the remote box in the range of your router.

If you did im suspecting a driver issuse if sunray still does not see it.