cccam 0e2 image

naveed68

Registered
sorry for the late reply on previous reply been away for a few days not had much time and thanks again im trying again now

naveed68

Registered
Partially true, maumixio:).

Yes, OE2.0 HBBTV is still slow (it is still called "Experimental Suite")- tried it for the first time, yesterday and it really needs to improve. HBBTV of my Philips tv set works better, but could improve, too.

New webbrowser - I don´t know- I´ll have a look today.

New mediaserver - won´t try - got no use for that, although I´ve got lots of network devices to send media to.

New videotext o.k. - better than old one.

In addition to DVD playback now Bluray playback plugin installable (installed it, but didn´t try, yet (only got slimline DVD writer inside my two boxes - but I read a report, that playback of Bluray structure on DVD media should be possible).

----

I can´t affirm that installation of GP3 is not possible, though.

You may have used old installation wizard, maumixio (it won´t install on OE2.0). OE2.0 works with GP3 v3.2 and in order to get that you must at least use GP3 installation wizard v. 0.16 (file attached - ftp it together with gp3 camfeed and dflash 4.7, if wanted, to /media/hdd and install with softwaremanager/local installation/harddisk) or you alternatively install the latest GP3 wizard with your webbrowser by executing the following command in address line (works on both OE1.6 and OE2.0):

http://YourDreamboxIP/ipkg?command=install&package=http://download.blue-panel.com/gemini3/g3_wizard.

Only for those who don´t know: GP3 installation wizard only installs a wizard plugin. Start this plugin from Dreambox menu "Plugins" (or "Extensions" ? - haven´t got english menu). The plugin downloads and installs GP3 Blue Panel online, so you need network connection.
---

I flashed two boxes with OE 2.0 + GP3 - both work o.k.. I did some recordings already - even 3D - new 3D plugin (should be available for OE1.6, too) works nicely:) (doubles dreambox menu when watching 3D broadcast - when setting tv set to 3D mode, you get one flawlessly readable dreambox menu).

---

My boxes seem to run stable (time will tell). I´m not dissatisfied at the moment:).
Only had one greenscreen on one of my two dm8000s during installation of my personal selection of seven plugins - it was my own fault - I had forgotten to first update the newly installed dreambox-image-dm8000-20120519.nfi image online. After online update, all selected plugins installed properly without greenscreen.

hi mate what method did you use to install this i was just going to put this command tool into telnet opkg install http://download.blue-panel.com/gemini3/g3_wizard

and then install from root on blue pannel and reboot etc but im not sure now

naveed68

Registered
ignor my last post im up and running now cheers ...

after install off 0e2 i performed software update via software mangager ...

then i put this command line in telnet via dcc= opkg install http://download.blue-panel.com/gemini3/g3_wizard

then rebooted and pressed the blue button for blue pannel an option for install gp3 wizzard came up i hit ok and installed it the box automatically rebooted ..

now when pressing the blue button i get the blue pannel..

i then used your GP3_camfeed.zip posted here http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=232320 file for cccam i then fttp that to var/ volitle/ tmp/ using dcc ..

i then hit the blue button on dreambox for the blue pannel gp3 wizzard etc and went to file browser and went to the var/volitle/tmp folder and installed your GP3_camfeed.zip

i then went to blue pannel / addons /softcam etc and i was able to succesfully in stall cccam up and running now cheers arrat thenk just in time for the film phew

maumixio

Staff member
could you upload a ready setting by Vhannibal i.e. and shows what happens here :rolleyes: I'm just curious to see if it was my fault 'cose image hard restarted after new setting was loaded. after your film of course :D

naveed68

Registered
:thum: dont want to test vhannibai as couldnt see it in gp3 wizzard addonds satellite settings so i just installed the mixed killianto sat settingsd from gp addons ... hasnt chrashed and box is running stable st the mo im looking for a suitable bluray writer at the mo .... for further testing ...
i havent done any indeph test at the moment but looking good so far ... ive had no lip sycn eith which is great:)

goodbye all an have a great day :thum:

ararat

Just found new OE2.0 image 2012-05-23 today - a second ago on dreamboxupdate.com - info for those who want to try a fresh install (I´ll update my boxes online later).

Hopefully some bugs fixed.
Some bugreports with older 2012-05-19 image:

Some users on dreambox board reported that HDMI handshake failed with some tv sets, when dreambox was switched on before tv set. Mainly Philips tv sets were reported - my own 21:9 Philips 50PFL7956 works well, though.

Own experiences, yesterday with older image:

Webbrowser worked - bit slow, but acceptable, but didn´t find out how ro change URL - couldn´t leave Dream Multimedia page.
---
(I´ve got only DVD DL slimline writers in my dreamboxes)
Inserted AVCHD recording on DVD DL disc - dreambox asked what application to use for playback - BlurayPlayback was not listed - I chose Mediaplayer = Greenscreen:eek:
Next attempt
tried playback of Minibluray (on DVD DL disc) - aborted dreambox´s question, which application to use with Exit button - started BlurayPlayback plugin - "searching for file" window popped up - nothing happened - Exit button.
---
So I couldn´t playback AVCHD, Minibluray - didn´t try my MKV discs, yet (which could be played back with OE1.6, already)
Seems that Bluray writer installation necessary?

------

remarks:

I will not buy two bluray writers for my dreamboxes so soon - rather go on transfering recordings to pc and repair, cut, convert them to MKV there.
(Filesizes of recordings reduce much with TS-Doctor - up to five movie hdtv recordings on one bluray disc - disc 1 € at amazon. Meanwhile I doubt that it will save time to burn Bluraydiscs on dreambox. 1 recording = 1 disc / 2 recordings = 1 or 2 disc(s) ? Burning five recordings on five discs costs more time than transferring five recordings to pc, convert thhem to MKV and burn them on one disc.)
Will have to ask on DMM board if multirecordings can be burnt on one Bluraydisc - if not, bluray an dreambox would be interesting only for those who for some reason don´t want to use pc or standalone players.

Playback of MKV I do with my new standalone blurayplayer Philips BDP7700 ~200 € at amazon, although dreambox can do that, too.
New slimline bluray writers for dreambox aren´t much cheaper than standalone blurayplayers with MKV playback function - cheap ones for ~80 €. Wonder if dreambox will playback Full HD Real 3D Bluray discs in 1080p Real 3D?
Will have to ask on DMM board.

EDIT: Just read a posting on DMM board about burning Bluray on DVD disc
By updating existing plugins + installing some extra plugins from OE2.0 feed, the posting guy could burn HDTV recording with internal DVD writer of dm8000.

from OE2.0 feed he installed/updated with xxx...mips32el.ipk

dvdburn-plugin
bdremux-plugin
bad-mpegtsmux
bad-videoparsersbad

Then burning (even in background, while watching tv) without error messages was possible.

naveed68

Registered
:)Thats good news about the burnin plugin and good news about dream multimedia showing quick support solution turn around for people with Philips tv sets :)

Thanks for testing again it's looking good and welcome back Gemini

Have a gear day. :)

ararat

Hi, naveed68:).

Wouldn´t try any extra skin at the moment. When change from OE1.5 to OE1.6 happened last year - many problems were due to use of different than standard skin.

I´m not overall satisfied with standard skin of OE2.0 now, too - e.g. I´d like more infos in infobar - but at least it´s hd-skin now - not as ugly as skin in OE1.6.

I will wait until new OE2.0 functions work properly and then install new skin. At the moment HBBTV and webbrowser still awfully slow.

naveed68

Registered
thanks how did the the update go i havent updated yet as havent had any issues here was wondering if the wlan had been fixed .
hopfuly some news on a skin soon then ha.

ararat

hi, [email protected]:)

mgcamd is on GP3 camfeed;)

---

hi, naveed68:)

Update went well - 98 packages - but didn´t notice much difference. Seems some files for disc burning were changed.

All skins are available as usual on OE1.6.
DMM skins + GP3 skins.
But I wouldn´t use one the next weeks.
If you have greenscreen - programmers of OE2.0 often ask, what skin you installed and to remove it and try again - then often there are no greenscreens any more after deinstallation of skin. I would wait.

---

Yesterday found out, that my new blurayplayers Philips BDP7000 (meanwhile I´ve got two of them - one in living room, one in bedroom) play back not only mkv- but also ts- files.

Seems as if I won´t ever try new bluray burning function of OE2.0.
Why should I burn a recording on dreambox? Advantage: One only needs to buy one device? (Not really - a dreambox not connected to network or a pc isn´t really clever - so, dreambox users mostly possess a router with internet connection plus a pc or mac;).)

Filesize of original dreambox recordings is often very big because of NALU filler data in ts-stream. All this unecessary data would be burnt to disc - together with faults in ts-stream.
So if I want to burn a 10 GB recording, how long will dreamboxes need for the bluraydisc?

Today when I burn discs, I
* ftp-transfer about five (90 minute recording) files with Filezilla from dreambox to pc within 45 mins to 1 hour.
Batch-processing with TS-Doctor follows on pc:
* cutting, stream repairing, reducing of filesize (often from 10 GB to 6 GB or even less) ~ 4-5 minutes per fille
* converting to mkv 2-3 minutes per file
* burning five files on one BD-R (25 GB) ~15 minutes.
All together maximum two hours!

Will dreambox burn five recordings that quickly and if, will it not have to use five BD-R discs instead of one?
I should ask developpers on german dmm-board what capabilities bluray function is going to have.

Now, with all my devices playing ts-files (bluray standalone / dreambox) I may even burn only ts BD-R data discs in future (even no conversion to mkv).

Before you buy a slimline bluray disc writer for dreambox, naveed68 - perhaps think about, if you really need one in your dreambox. You may perhaps rather want one for your pc;).

If you use pc/Windows:
Filezilla ftp-program is freeware, TS-Doctor costs 29 € (it does all in one - you can even convert ts-files to mkv, avchd, bluray, etc.), discs can be burnt with freeware ImageBurn.
During most processes ´(Ftp file transfer, Batch processing of ts-streams, disc burning) you can lean back and drink coffee or tea:D.
If you use Mac:
Use Filezilla for Mac plus "Handbrake" to create mkv-data-discs and burn them with built in disc burning program on DVD/DVD DL.
(For real bluray discs "Toast" burning software + bluray disc writer is needed. The price for both is high - so in this case a bluray disc writer inside a dreambox may be a good decision.)

Pfffffffff - looong post:eek:
but perhaps worth it, before people start buying bluray disc burners for dreambox and then may not be satisfied.
(Of course you always better buy a disc burner for your dreambox in case, some o+ family member(s) with influence do(es)n´t want to use a pc and want(s) to burn recordings no other way than with remote control;):D.)

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
thank for the sound advice on skins m8 im still not sure witch bluray player writer to go for ..

i just like the thought of just putting a bluray disc straight into dreambox without having to use my pc as i have my dreambox connected to my surround sound and not my pc..

ararat

Already asked on DMM board, what bluray functions are supported, but didn´t get an answer, yet.
Wanted to know

burning of discs:
1 disc = 1 recording (or more recordings until disc is filled)?
how long will a 90 min recording take to be transferred on disc?
how long will a filled 25 GB BD-R take?
what gets burnt (subtitles/languages/teletext)?

playback of discs:
AC3 5.1 or 7.1 ?
Dolby only or DTS, too?
Lossless HD audio?
3D Bluray discs?
Real 3D 1080p?

Hope I´ll get answers.

-------------------------------------------------

Whatever bluraydisc writer - if you want comfort, take a slot in BD-R 4x device and not with tray.
If you prefer maximum speed to comfort, perhaps have a look at Panasonic UJ-240 Intern Sata super slim 6x BD.

write:
BD-R: 6x CAV(SL = 25 GB) , 4x PCAV(DL = 50 GB)
BD-RE: 2x CLV(SL), 2x CLV(DL)
DVD-R DL: 4x
DVD+R DL: 4x
DVD-R: 8x
DVD+R: 8x
DVD-RW: 6x
DVD+RW: 8x
DVD-RAM: 5x
CD-RW: 10x
CD-R: 24x
read:
-BD: 6x
-DVD: 8x
-CD: 24x

-------------------------------------

Yesterday my client dreambox stopped (time stood still in OLED display), while hostbox recorded encrypted channel and I had used HBBTV on client box at the same time and afterwards switched the client off (standby). Time in display stopped about five minutes after I had set the box to standby.
Had to restart the client box. Then got black tv screen with only mini display in upper left corner of tv:eek:. Restarted clientbox a second time. Picture normal:wer:.
Then switched off my sat-dreambox to standby and changed my tv from HDMI input to a cable channel (tv connected to cable provider). Mini picture again:death:.
Opened HBBTV on tv set (my tv set and my blurayplayers got HBBTV, too) and closed it again - no change - opened-closed HBBTV some times again and then picture was normal and stayed normal ...

Only to be sure - I just had a kook at the OLED displays of my dreamboxes - both show the same time and the correct one, too:D.
I won´t use HBBTV/webbrowser on dreambox again before next update or better not before first release firmware. Today HBBTV on dreambox is still much too slow - but it´s only experimental still (called HBBTV Experimental Suite in menu) - so it hopefully will improve.

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
:thum: thanks for your support and guidence on this ararat ..

i can see this image being a very good one time will tell for the new features but at least where now getting more from our boxes our dm8000s ... and its good that furthere devolopment of our dm8000s are being made.

it take a litle while for theses feature to get better but im happy with the progress and its a very good start :thum: up to 0e2

have a great day ararat keep up the good work mate most appriciated:)

ararat

hi, naveed68:).

Good to hear, you like OE2.0:).

I´m satisfied, too, as long as I don´t touch HBBTV and Webbrowser - but those are still only preview versions and will improve;).

Perhaps I´ll even buy a bluray disc writer myself, too, some day, because I had problems with disc writing on pc yesterday, that I didn´t have before (maybe because I usually handled with 2D recordings and yesterday tried 3D for the first time).

Had faulty recordings (3D Side by Side). Couldn´t even cut them on pc, but they playback well on dreambox.
Only one out of five 3D recordings was reported being flawless by "TS-Doctor" (maybe my tiny Technisat Digidish 45 + bad weather spoiled the bad recordings).

Two 3D recordings I could cut.
I burnt both cuttable 3D recordings as MKV files on Bluray data disc - one recording was completely flawless - and both play back 3D on tv, but one had problems after 10 mins playback from disk in my blurayplayer. Picture froze half a second and afterwards audio and video were out of sync for the rest of the movie.
Anyway - at least my first 3D recordings in standalone player:D.

Bluray disc writer in Dreambox may perhaps do a better job and my dreamboxes may cut recordings, which my pc programs couldn´t.

BUT: Playback granted only for own recordings - not for bought Bluray movies!
Maybe the (illegal) solution libdvdcss2 for playback of bought DVDs works for Blurays, too? Or there will be s.th. similar (additional libblucss2?)?.
But perhaps one may much easier only need to install vlc-player for dreambox? Plugin is available on OE2.0 feed.
I would try that one first, if I wanted to play back bought blurays.

I´ll first have a word with programmer of TS-Doctor, if he can make his program cut and repair my faulty 3D recordings. If not, I may try bluray disc writer in dreambox:D.

Have fun with your dm8000:thum:

EDIT: Just noticed new OE2.0 2012-05-26 image on feed.
Will update, today.

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
yeah dreabox as a whole now is a good multimedia box i like the fact that we can now just about play most comman formats without glitches which is great ...

im liking the progress being made like blindscan new features and bluray ..

dreambox is a linux box and theres so much many talented people programing our recievers to make futher devolopment and develop new software to run well.

the fact that it is a linux and we sometimes struggle to appreciate the extra hard work that goes into dreambox. just the hardware and software that goes running satellite broadcast video and audio streams is like so good and the fact that we have all brialliant extra feature is cool ....

entusiasti

Registered
Hello!Im having a bit of a problem with running mgcamd on this new OE 2.0 image!Actually i have downloaded the mgcamd from blue panel,started it,but cant get any picture!It was working just fine on OE 1.6,but on this new OE 2.0 it doesnt!CCcam and OScam works just fine but mgcamd does not!I could use some tip or help??Thanks!

Renard

Registered
Did you change your working conf.Datei from 1.6 to 2.0 and also SoftCam.Keys and AutoRoll.Keys to /usr/keys.