WWE News

sky star 2

Super VIP

WWE Legal Team Threatens Author Of "CHRIS & NANCY" Book

Muchnick.net sent along the following:

CHRIS & NANCY Author Muchnick’s Twitter Feed Publishes WWE Critique

SEPTEMBER 30, 2009--In a Twitter exclusive, Irvin Muchnick, author of the new book CHRIS & NANCY: The True Story of the Benoit Murder-Suicide and Pro Wrestling’s Cocktail of Death, has begun publishing in installments the complete text of World Wrestling Entertainment’s legal threats to him while he was researching the book.

In an exchange of emails with Muchnick in June 2008, Jerry S. McDevitt of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Preston Gates Ellis — WWE’s outside counsel and registered Washington lobbyist — commented at length, often in colorful terms, on the serial reports on Muchnick’s blog Wrestling Babylon on the progress of his book research. The blog’s home page is now http://wrestlingbabylon.wordpress.com.

Earlier today, using Twitter’s 140-maximum-character interface, Muchnick’s Twitter feed, http://twitter.com/irvmuch, published the first 12 of a series of “tweets” documenting the McDevitt-Muchnick exchange in its entirety. The series will continue with 12-tweet daily bursts, accompanied by their daily collection in posts at the Wrestling Babylon blog.

This full text is also among the files included in a companion DVD of records related to Muchnick’s research for CHRIS & NANCY.

For CHRIS & NANCY’s table of contents, the Foreword by award-winning New York Post columnist Phil Mushnick (no relation to author Irvin Muchnick), and other preview elements and book information, go to http://benoitbook.com.

:thum:

sky star 2

Super VIP

Vickie Guerrero Returning To WWE Full-Time As A Manager?

As reported, Vickie Guerrero did indeed return to WWE television during the "Decade Of SmackDown" taping last night in Boston. We won't spoil anything that happened in this article, but it appears as though Vickie will be returning to WWE on a regular basis to work as a manager.

This has yet to be confirmed, but appears likely she'll be back on WWE television as part of their regular weekly storylines.

sky star 2

Super VIP

2 More Former WWE Stars Confirmed For "Hulkamania" Tour

Hulkamania.com.au is advertising that former WWE stars Paul London and Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore will be appearing on the "Hulkamania" tour this November.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Steelers Coach Unhappy With Roethlisberger Hosting RAW?

The following is an excerpt from an article from ThePittsburghChannel.com:

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is no stranger to taking his share of hits and body slams from opposing defenses, but the two-time Super Bowl quarterback of the Steelers could be looking to go on the offensive when he enters the squared circle next Monday.

Roethlisberger will serve as guest host of World Wrestling Entertainment’s flagship TV show, "Monday Night RAW," on Oct. 5. The host typically plays the role of the wrestlers' boss and matchmaker for the night.

"I'm aware of it. I just don't have a comment at this time," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said at his weekly news conference on Tuesday.

Read the full article at this link.

sky star 2

Super VIP

RAW Rating Drops To Lowest Number In Quite Some Time

This past Monday night's edition of WWE RAW (hosted by Rev. Al Sharpton) scored its' lowest number in quite a while with a 3.1 final cable rating. The show did hours of 3.06 and 3.15.

sky star 2

Super VIP

MyNetworkTV Press Release On The Rock's Return To SD!

MyNetworkTV issued the following press release today:

"The Rock" Returns to WWE to Celebrate 10th Anniversary of SmackDown on MyNetworkTV

WWE Friday Night SmackDown

"Decade of SmackDown"

Featuring the Return of "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson to SmackDown

Plus a Mega-Eight-Man Tag Match with Top Superstars from Raw and Smackdown.

Friday, October 2nd 2009 8 PM ET/PT on MyNetworkTV

What: WWE's Friday Night SmackDown will make history on October 2nd, 2009 by commemorating 10 years on air with a "Decade of SmackDown" themed episode. The episode features the return of "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson to SmackDown; plus an eight-man tag match featuring the top stars of SmackDown & Raw including John Cena, Undertaker, Sean Michaels and Triple H.

As a pop culture staple, Friday Night SmackDown has aired more than 520 episodes; surpassing The Simpsons, Married With Children, and Law & Order in total episodes. Over the years, SmackDown has featured such celebrities as Samuel L. Jackson, Ashton Kutcher, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jimmy Kimmel and Sherri Shepherd among many others in its storylines.

As an entertainment property, SmackDown has been watched more than 2.7 billion times by viewers in the U.S. since its inception and has been instrumental in the success of each of the networks that have aired the program. On October 3, 2008, Friday Night SmackDown moved to its current home, MyNetworkTV, where it holds the network record as most-watched telecast among households and total viewers. SmackDown is the number one show on broadcast television Friday nights among Males 50 and under and dominates the P18-49 demographic.

Friday Night SmackDown can be seen every Friday night at 8PM ET / PT on MyNetworkTV.

SmackDown Trivia

On July 20, 2007 Merriam-Webster announced it would induct the word "smackdown" as an official word in the dictionary, cementing WWE's influence on the English vernacular.

SmackDown debut episode featured The Rock facing off against Triple H.

SmackDown is the fastest weekly episodic to air 500 episodes in United States primetime broadcast television history surpassing Lassie, Seinfeld, and Married with Children just to name a few.

SmackDown is the most watched broadcast television program on Friday nights among Males age 50 and younger.

On September 13, 2001, just two days after horrific acts of terrorism claimed the lives of thousands of innocent people, threatened the nation's capital and destroyed New York City's World Trade Center, SmackDown stepped up as one of the first shows to carry out its broadcast, not just to entertain, but to help heal a nation in crisis.

On December 25th 2003, "WWE Tribute To The Troops" on SmackDown aired, starting an annual holiday tradition of WWE visiting the troops in an active war zone during the holiday season.

On November 11, 1999, Arnold Schwarzeneggar was SmackDown's first celebrity guest commentator. Over the last decade, Samuel L. Jackson, Jimmy Kimmel, Sherri Shepherd, Ashton Kutcher, Busta Rhymes and many other pop culture icons have appeared on SmackDown.

Friday Night SmackDown aired its 500th episode on Friday, March 20, 2009.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Matt Morgan Speaks At Length On His Battle With ADHD

TNA Wrestling star Matt Morgan is featured in a new public service announcement for ADHD awareness through the Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder. Morgan talks about his own problems with the ailment. You can watch the clip at TNAWrestling.com.

In addition to that, Morgan is featured in an article on the same subject in a new piece at the HuffingtonPost.com website.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Hardy Tired Of Being Punished For "Someone Else's Sins"

The following are some recent "tweets" from the official Twitter page of WWE Superstar Matt Hardy. In the "tweets," Hardy explains his exhaustion over being punished for "someone else's sins."

"I am exhausted from being punished because of someone else's sins. Good night one, good night all! Until then.."
about 11 hours ago from web

And a few hours later, Hardy posted this one:

"Almost home.. The media is so not on the pulse of anything, it's just another avenue of entertainmet looking for bigger numbers from viewers"
about 5 hours ago from Tweed

sky star 2

Super VIP

WWE Lists All Of The Rock's Catchphrases With Modifications

Jacob Rasmussen sent along the following:

I just wanted to let you know on WWE.com they have added a new feature where they list The Rock's famous WWE catchphrases. The sad part, however, is that they aren't actually his real lines. WWE seemingly improvised most, if not all of them, mixing his real line in with some of their own stuff. I don't know why WWE improvised the list, it really sucks the way they did it.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Off-Air News & Notes From Decade Of SmackDown! Taping
by Matt Boone
Sep 30, 2009

Mike McMahon sent along the following:

From a live audience standpoint, last night’s Decade of Smackdown taping in Boston certainly didn’t live up to the hype.

This Friday on MyNetwork TV, however, the show should come across as entertaining.

The problem here is that there really wasn’t a ‘match of the night’. All were pretty stale and very mechanical. The eight-man tag main event (DX/Cena/Undertaker vs. Legacy/Punk) lived up to its billing, but everything else (in the ring) was rather, meh.

The Rock had a fantastic pre-taped segment that fans on television will really enjoy. The live house loved it. He dropped all of his signature catch phrases – some rhymes and even dropped a, “maybe now The Rock should host Raw!” line – and just seemed as if he never left. The guy was the best every on the mic, and he still has it.

In fact, all of the backstage segments (and there seemed to be a lot) were entertaining, but from a live audience standpoint, it was like buying a ticket to stare at a screen all night. Now, I didn’t pay for my seats (so I really have no right to complain), but if I did, I’d be a little disappointed with the bang for my buck.

The arena was heavily tarped off in the upper deck. I had been hearing commercials all week that led me to believe they were having trouble pushing tickets. All of the upper deck on the camera side were tarped off and the top 5 rows or so of the upper deck on the far end (behind where a hockey net would be for a Bruins games) was also tarped.

Check out more of Mike's thoughts and opinions from his Decade Of SmackDown! live experience on his blog at this link.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Jericho In Horror Film, Batista/Iron Chef, Mike Adamle On TV

Julie sent along the following: Not sure if this is news worthy, but I was flipping channels and saw Batista on the Iron Chef show on the Food Network. They were eating different foods containing snail. Batista liked the snail pizza! I'm guessing that this show was a re-run from earlier this year.

Scott Rizzo sent along the following: I live here in Chicago, IL. As I was watching Fox News Chicago, Mike Adamle was on there doing the local sports news of the day.

John R. sent along the following: Chris Jericho will be coming to Stockton, Blvd. in Sacramento, California for the Sac City Horror Fest at 8pm. He'll be in one of the films featured at the convention. [ed: The movie is called Albino Farm.]

sky star 2

Super VIP
Possible Unified Tag-Title Change Spoiler, New Layla Photos

Justin Morris sent along the following: I just saw a commercial for a Chris Jericho signing on Oct. 12th in Lexington, Ky. This is the day before the Smackdown taping in Lexington meaning Jericho will not be at Raw that Monday. This could be a spoiler that Big Show and Jericho will be dropping the belts at Hell in a Cell to Batista and Rey Mysterio.

-Today's WWE.com "Daily Diva" with a new photograph is Layla.

-Today's WWE.com "Superstar of the Day" is Kofi Kingston.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Chris Jericho & JTG From Cryme Tyme Trade Insulting Jokes

The following are some recent back-and-forth "tweets" from the official Twitter accounts of Cryme Tyme member JTG and Chris Jericho:

JTG wrote: "Got a joke 4 everyone, what do you call a laminated butt-hole? @Iamjericho drivers licence. OH SNAP !"

Chris Jericho replied: "@Jtg1284 I've got a joke for everyone too...jtgs matches"

You can follow Jericho tweets at twitter.com/iamjericho, and JTG tweets at twitter.com/Jtg1284.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Update On ROH Booking Following Jim Cornette's Return

Despite his return at the ROH show in New York City last night, Jim Cornette will not be taking over the booking for the promotion.

Adam Pearce will remain lead booker while Cornette will assist backstage where he can. In addition to that, he'll have an on-air role as Executive Producer of ROH on HDNet, for their weekly TV series.

Check out our full recap from the ROH show in NYC last night, which also featured Bret "The Hitman" Hart and the final Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness match with the promotion - as both guys head off to WWE.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Lacey Von Erich Tweets on Angelina Love; Calls Her "Amazing"

In what appears to be a change of attitude, or a move demanded by TNA, Lacey Von Erich has posted the following Tweet on her Twitter account: “I hope everyone enjoyed the show last night! Angelina Love was amazing in the beautiful people and I hope I do it justice! P.S. Don’t believe rumors! I think Angelina will be missed in TNA and hope we can work together someday!”

At this point, it could be speculated that Von Erich made her initial comments towards Love in the Miami Herald interview as a work, and she was playing her Beautiful People character, however, most wrestlers shoot during interviews with The Herald, so it remains unclear whether or not Von Erich really meant what she initially said.

sky star 2

Super VIP

TNA Asks Lacey Von Erich To Apologize For Love Remarks

Prowrestling.net is reporting that there is internal heat on Lacey Von Erich for what appeared to be shoot comments made towards Angelina Love in a recent Miami Herald interview. We reported earlier that Lacey Von Erich commented on Angelina Love by saying that "[Angelina] wasn't a good fit for it in my opinion. I thought that everybody was going to be, `Oh no. Angelina is gone,' but not one person said that. Nobody really missed her that much. I feel like I can fill the shoes that I'm supposed to."

According to the report, when TNA officials got wind of Von Erich's comments, they ordered her to apologize to Angelina Love and made it clear that they were unhappy with Von Erich's actions.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Ben Roethlisberger Defends His Decision to Host WWE Raw

TimesOnline.com has obtained the following comment from Ben Roethlisberger concerning his decision to host this coming Monday night's edition of WWE Raw: "I got asked to do it. Vince McMahon asked me to do it, and I said, ‘Sure, why not?’ I mean, it’s our off day. I talked to (Tomlin) about it. I didn’t really ask for his permission. I talked to him about it to get a feel for if he was going to have a big problem with it. I figured he tell me. But like I said, it’s our off day."

sky star 2

Super VIP

CM Punk Discusses Where "Straight Edge" Gimmick Came From

WrestleZone.com has acquired thousands of hours of video footage (filmed and produced by RF Video), mostly consisting of in-depth shoot interviews with wrestling's hottest stars, past and present. We'll be releasing those videos in the very near future exclusively here on the site...and for FREE!

The following is part four of a sit-down shoot interview with current WWE World Heavyweight Champion, CM Punk. Each clip is 3-5 minutes in length and we'll air one 4-5 days week here on the site. Check out the previous clips of the interview by searching for "CM Punk Shoot Interview" on WrestleZone's main page. You can also check out all of our current videos online in our exclusive wrestling video section.

Part Three (4:47): CM Punk discusses where the straight edge gimmick came from, where he used it first, whether he partied before becoming "straight-edge", his father being an alcoholic, and his memories of his first ladder match with Ace Steel.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Rock/Tonight's SmackDown!, Alicia Fox Pics, Kane, More

Yahoo! Movie page has the new video trailer up for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new film "Tooth Fairy." Remember, The Rock appears on SmackDown! tonight with a lengthy promo segment.

-Today's WWE.com "Daily Diva" with a new photograph is Alicia Fox.

-Today's WWE.com "Superstar of the Day" is Kane.

sky star 2

Super VIP

WWE & UFC DVD Release Schedule For Oct. And Nov.

Julian Cirrone sent along the following:
Clear Vision Release Schedule
October 2009

RELEASE DATE

TITLE
OCTOBER

05-Oct-09

WWE Extreme Rules 2009
07-Oct-09

Rise and Fall of WCW (3 DVD) Web Exclusive
12-Oct-09

Wrestlemania 17 (Double DVD)
12-Oct-09

UFC 97 Redemption
19-Oct-09

The Bash 2009
19-Oct-09

Ultimate Knockouts 7 (DVD)
26-Oct-09

Allied Powers World's Greatest Tag-Teams (3 Disc) Sticker
26-Oct-09

UFC 98 – Evans vs. Macheda (Double DVD)
NOVEMBER

02-Nov-09

SummerSlam 2009 (Steelbook DVD)
16-Nov-09

SummerSlam 2009 (DVD)
16-Nov-09

SummerSlam 2009 (BD)
16-Nov-09

The Ultimate Fighter Series (5Disc Nexpak)
23-Nov-09

Batista I Walk Alone (3 Disc Digi)
23-Noc-09

UFC100 (Double DVD)