satlink ws 6950

Twotubs

Registered
HI GUYS
just bought another satellite meter,its a sat-link WS6950,only problem is its not for any western satellites, programmed for china Asia Europe birds only. does anyone have any idea who makes the software for this.none even on there own website,and is there a way to save the software on it for backup,been looking for tools to edit there bird list,have found editing software tools and boot loader software ,from there other meters they make hoping it will work with this one,to edit sat lists, anyone know anything about these ,as for now its virtualy worthless in the us and they sell a bunch of these on fleabay. it would be a great meter tho because its like taking a fta receiver and tv out to the dish,all built in one package.i seen some stuff about this at dreamboxes website but dont know if there software is similar to this or if it would even work, any suggestions from anyone that might know a little about this unit would be great thanks!:mecry:

jftacctv

Registered
HI GUYS
just bought another satellite meter,its a sat-link WS6950,only problem is its not for any western satellites, programmed for china Asia Europe birds only. does anyone have any idea who makes the software for this.none even on there own website,and is there a way to save the software on it for backup,been looking for tools to edit there bird list,have found editing software tools and boot loader software ,from there other meters they make hoping it will work with this one,to edit sat lists, anyone know anything about these ,as for now its virtualy worthless in the us and they sell a bunch of these on fleabay. it would be a great meter tho because its like taking a fta receiver and tv out to the dish,all built in one package.i seen some stuff about this at dreamboxes website but dont know if there software is similar to this or if it would even work, any suggestions from anyone that might know a little about this unit would be great thanks!:mecry:
I have same problem with this ws6950 , does any one has any sugestion or solution ,
sincerelly appreciate.

mdt

VIP
I have same problem with this ws6950 , does any one has any sugestion or solution ,
sincerelly appreciate.

if you cannot source a european based satellite mem file for your meter then my best suggestion is get a friend who has a working motorised dish or yourself... now delete all the useless satellite names and then rename each one with european birds from say 55 east to 45 west giving each satellite at least 1 vertical and 1 horizontal transponder. you can now using a working motorised dish to store channels for each orbital slot. i know this is time consuming and requires a bit of knowledge but once done you can use the meter to set up more dishes and maybe do a back up of the software to help others also. rgds

malik0109

Registered
Hi I get this model I do not see the cabin cabinets I have downloaded other software I got it from me I need the original software Satlink WS 6950 3.5