AMIKO ALIEN 8900 HD BOOT PROBLEM

Ghouri

Registered
Man than what is last resort for it

Hi Niaz Ali,

I think you are from Pakistan. I am also from Pakistan and having this Amiko Alien SHD 8900. Till now my STB is working fine with the latest firmawre. I purchased my box from EBay. Can you tell, from whom you purchased your box? And please also bring it to the notice of other users in Pakistan so that they should avoid purchasing from that cheat who is selling clones.

Regards,
Ghouri

niaz ali

Registered
Hi Niaz Ali,

I think you are from Pakistan. I am also from Pakistan and having this Amiko Alien SHD 8900. Till now my STB is working fine with the latest firmawre. I purchased my box from EBay. Can you tell, from whom you purchased your box? And please also bring it to the notice of other users in Pakistan so that they should avoid purchasing from that cheat who is selling clones.

Regards,
Ghouri

yes dear i am from pakistan i have bought form mian abid who sells dreambox other receivers by the way how did your bought from ebay whereas this facility is not available here in pakistan ebay i mean
would you give me your cell number i wana to speak to you brother

Ghouri

Registered
yes dear i am from pakistan i have bought form mian abid who sells dreambox other receivers by the way how did your bought from ebay whereas this facility is not available here in pakistan ebay i mean
would you give me your cell number i wana to speak to you brother

Thanks Niaz Ali for the answer. I bought it from Ebay with the help of one of my relative in Kuwait who purchased it with his credit card and after receiving it from Lithuania he sent it to me through his friend who was coming to Pakistan in those days. It cost me about Rs.16000. You are welcome to talk, my cell is 03129870954. Again I request you to bring the matter into the notice of other satellite lovers through appropriate satellite forum (I am not mentioning the name of that forum here, I am also a member of that forum) so that they may not fall victim to the cheating of Mian Abid.

Regards,
Ghouri

archer1

Registered
Hi! I have the same problem with my Amiko receiver. It wont boot, on a display shows 00.00. I need a help!

Lmkiu

Registered
Instructions for the emergency: uboot new flashing alien1

Instructions for the emergency: uboot new flashing

There are increasing reports of users that shooting up the boot loader or corrupt, although this should be impossible due to read-only ;)
The box gets stuck in the episode at boot time (display: boot) no longer boots up, no matter if spark or Enigma.

Normally, this is a case of warranty.
You can save postage and time but by you yourself new overrides in case of emergency the submarine.

Attention: only for users with some clue in matter > everyone else please the box send to repair!

Instructions:
What is needed?
Null modem cable
Hyper terminal program (Windows XP: start > Accessories > communications > HyperTerminal)
Note: starting with Windows Vista, HT is no longer part of Windows, but there are freeware.

Emergency-HowTo: override bootloader
==================================

Use only in case of an emergency!

-Switch off box, then connect to PC/laptop via null-modem cable (RS232)
-Start HyperTerminal and create new connection
-> select correct COM interface
-> Bits per second: 115-200
-> Flow control: no

-Then transfer > Send file
-Select correct uboot-xxx.bin
-Log: Ymodem
-Click send!

> now before turning on the box!
-When you turn hold button [OK] to [FORC] appears
-then left arrow [<] press
-RS232 appears on the display

Now is the transmission, which should take about 2 minutes.
Turn off not prematurely or other maneuvers at this stage!

Flash at your own risk!

Thx ans RSP-Team für den uboot-alien und an Dirk Tössfeld für den uboot-pingulux.

Code:
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1VDYKMQM/uboot-alien.zip_links

niaz ali

Registered
i have tried but could not connect hyperterminal there may be problem of 232 rs please which rs should be for amiko 8900

Ghouri

Registered
i have tried but could not connect hyperterminal there may be problem of 232 rs please which rs should be for amiko 8900

Hi Niaz Ali,
I am sorry I had to change my number due problem in network in my area. Check your PM now. Plz tell me your no. also.
Regards,
Ghouri

Last edited:

theworshiper

Registered
Thanks Niaz Ali for the answer. I bought it from Ebay with the help of one of my relative in Kuwait who purchased it with his credit card and after receiving it from Lithuania he sent it to me through his friend who was coming to Pakistan in those days. It cost me about Rs.16000. You are welcome to talk, my cell is 03129870954. Again I request you to bring the matter into the notice of other satellite lovers through appropriate satellite forum (I am not mentioning the name of that forum here, I am also a member of that forum) so that they may not fall victim to the cheating of Mian Abid.

Regards,
Ghouri

hello friends im mian abid i have not cheated anyone im theone who brought inverto dreambox vu+ xtrend original brands to Pakistan and promoting them :) poeple here in Pakistan want cheap boxes at low price they cant afford expensive boxes i hae all original products but when customer want to buy clone boxes that's their choice dont blame me i have sold amiko alien 8900 on clone price and told all my customers its clone not original so who should be blamed ????

Ghouri

Registered
hello friends im mian abid i have not cheated anyone im theone who brought inverto dreambox vu+ xtrend original brands to Pakistan and promoting them :) poeple here in Pakistan want cheap boxes at low price they cant afford expensive boxes i hae all original products but when customer want to buy clone boxes that's their choice dont blame me i have sold amiko alien 8900 on clone price and told all my customers its clone not original so who should be blamed ????

Mr Mian Abid, you said that you have not cheated anyone. But nowhere in your advertisement in the respective forum you clearly mentioned that the box you are selling is a clone of Amiko Alien SHD-8900. You used name and images of original Amiko Alien to sell your clone box without stating that fact in that forum.
Secondly, you said that you sold clone at the price of a clone box. But the fact is that you sold your boxes at a price of Pak Rs.15500 = USD 160 approx. But the price of Chinese clone boxes is USD 105 approx.
Please try to speak the truth at least while defending yourself.

niaz ali

Registered
Now the question is which cable 232 is suitable for amiko as i have tried the cable which works other boxes but i think it does not work with my emiko so that is why i could not get comminucated both pc and receiver ok
your suggestion will be highly be appreciated if any on help me to select proper cable 232 rs
thanks in advance all experts

Ghouri

Registered
Brother Niaz Ali,
My Amiko Alien1 is still working fine with latest spark software (thank God). Today I tried to connect it to PC via RS232 cable (the one which I used to use with DM500S) using PuTTY (because of no HyperTerminal in Windows 7). But it did not work although my stb is working fine. I think my RS232 cable is not OK. I searched on web and found that cable recommended to be used for Amiko Alien 1 is having configuration: 5-5 2-3 3-2
Please try again using that type of RS232 cable. One more thing, the baud rate is 115200 not 115-200 as indicated in one of the previous post by someone.

Regards,
Ghouri

niaz ali

Registered
Brother i will try that one but as receiver i have sent to Karachi there is my friend who will do his job i mean to try to find that kind of cable and connect through 232

keno88

Registered
I have the same problem, when I connect with RS232 cable, wrote the only type tuner and u-boot version! Can not type in anything in TELENET! Please help

pragyavan

Registered
I have solution for this problem

___http://stbfirmwares.com/Thread-Safe-firmware-for-Amiko-Alien-8900

Copy past this link to your browser and see the solution on this page.

bonou2

Registered
Safe firmware for Amiko Alien 8900
irmware 1.2.61-Alpha version

How to uprade Alpha version firmware of SHD-8900?
1. Make a folder X:/spark to root of USB, Copy the two files userfub.img and mImage to there.
2. Press and Hold OK key then Power on receiver, you will see in Front LED display "Boot" and then "FORC", after this, Press Right key, upgrade will start..
3. It will take a long time..

With this Alpha version sw, it will be safe and not dead..
Now you can use youtube function.

Note: Don't upgrade new SW from Spark Online.

Step I: Before repairing, pls prepare such devices,
1. Programmer: Programe the Flash IC memory.
2. Soldering Machine: You need to change IC.
3. One USB Disk with FAT32 formart.
Note: If you have new Flash memory IC from your seller, then no need Programmer.

Step II: Programe Flash Memory with Prgramer.
1. Take out your 8900HD motherboard, Check two IC in Position U12 (Spansion S29Gl064N90TFI01) and UE2(SAMSUNG K9F4G08U0B), Use your soldering Machine to take out this two IC. See Picture Amiko Motherboard.jpg.
2. Programe Spansion S29Gl064N90TFI01 IC with amiko_flash.bin file.
3. Programe UE2(SAMSUNG K9F4G08U0B) IC, Make the Flash Memory Empty ( Delete the contents inside and put inside Blank).
4. Put the repair Flash Memory back to motherboard..
Note: If you have new Flash memory IC from your seller, then no need Program the two IC, just change new IC.

Step III: Update receiver by USB.
1. Copy the userfs.img.ub, mImage, and nfs Folder files to root of USB memory, and Insert USB disk to receiver. (We porvide two rar files 1.2.61-Alpha-1.rar and 1.2.61-Alpha-2.rar here, one of them can be use for your receiver, pls try)
2. Power ON receiver, receiver will upgrade automaticly, On LED display, it will show NAND….NOY, after upgrade, it will show Good.
3. Now Restart reciever, receiver will work.
If you want to Use new 1.2.61 version sw with Youtube working, Pls don't use Spark Online upgrading, pls download Alpha version SW from here.
Pls download 1.2.61-Alpha SW from the Forum..
We will continue to release New version SW here.. Enjoy it.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/-XMezuat/spark_safe_firmware_amiko_8900.html

AmikoMotherboard_zpse37bfe28.jpg