Vu+solo 2 clone stoped working

abdulrehman690

Registered
HI

guys i have strange problem my VU+SOLO 2 CLONE suddently stoped and its not working . their is only light on power button no display nothing . i try to unplug it and plug it again same problem.

can someone help me how to solve this strange problem ????

someone told me need to connect with computer throw VU+UTILITY and need NFI IMAGE FOR THAT .

i need solution for that so my box came back working ..

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If it is not taking images from a USB stick then you have be a victim of the driver timebomb.

Replacing the nand flash chip or jtagging are your only options.

abdulrehman690

Registered
If it is not taking images from a USB stick then you have be a victim of the driver timebomb.

Replacing the nand flash chip or jtagging are your only options.

oh i was using openpli image . can u tell me how to to jtag for the vu+solo clone receivers ????

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Too much to write but to give your an idea look at this

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=271687

Equipment and BB3 are the same the jtag point on the motherboard is different and youll need the crrect bootloader and flash files for the solo 2.

Be warned that even after the purchase of the jtag interface jtagging my fail because the driver timebomb can leave a bad sector on the nand flash and BB3 can not deal with that.

So i take it you can not flash via usb then and you have tried varoius usb sticks ?

abdulrehman690

Registered
I have sunray clone. I try 4 different USB not working. Their is nothing on display even. Only the power button has light only no display.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have sunray clone. I try 4 different USB not working. Their is nothing on display even. Only the power button has light only no display.

Sunray clones do not brick even with original images so something else is wrong here.

If you have an external Power Supply try a different one before we go any further.

abdulrehman690

Registered
OK will try another power supply and give u result . one test I did last night connect it with rs232 and with one software the display shown and I open the receiver normally. But after I shutdown the receiver same problem no display come back again.

abdulrehman690

Registered
i try another power supply same problem. i try to connect the receiver with computer with rs232 cable and use hyper terminal the receiver started normally but when i closed the receiver same problem appear again no display . i think software problem . can someone help ..

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
i try another power supply same problem. i try to connect the receiver with computer with rs232 cable and use hyper terminal the receiver started normally but when i closed the receiver same problem appear again no display . i think software problem . can someone help ..

Take a photo of the mother board.

I want to see if you have the version with the removable nand chip.

Does your have the service port on the rear of the box ?

abdulrehman690

Registered
Take a photo of the mother board.

I want to see if you have the version with the removable nand chip.

Does your have the service port on the rear of the box ?

hi

what service port u need . u mean rs232 port or mini usb port ???

because both are their

NOW AFTER few try i run the box with orginal vu+solo 2 image . now i need open pli or any sunary image with no bomb in it . kindly give me best image to run iptv service .

thanks to alll...

be6_2

Registered
How did you fix the problem, i have a Sunray Vu+ solo2 and only the power light is coming on.