Can't Reflash DM500HD with Gemini 2

isasa74

Registered
Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for the Forum and for the help you provide people with.

I have serious problems with re-flashing my dm500hd with a Gemini image.
First of all some Info:

Windows 7
Genuine Device (genuine test passed)
Booloader version: Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #78 built 20100428
Enigma version: 2010-05-12-experimental
Image version: Newnigma2-Release-2010-05-16
webinterface version: 1.6.2 I think I have no Cccam

the SSL that I tried to upload is: secondstage-dm500hd-84.nfi
The Germini image I wish to flash my DM with is: gemini2-500-dm500hd-20100429213237.nfi

What I tried:
Flash update via bootloader, kept press power button then switched on device I was able to see the bootloader interface and to choose the image to be uploaded but when I press "flash" simply doesn't happen anything.I tried first with the SSL only and then with the entire image Gemini 5.0 with the same result :Flash button seems to do nothing.

Tried DREAMUP 1.3.3.6 both with mini usb only and usb+lan cable,first I installed the com/usb driver for windows 7 then I connected the device and when prompted by the software I switched DM500HD on, the result is that the process hangs up on the message " calculating checksum" and it doesn't go further.

Tried FLASHWIZARD PRO 6.3 with which I mange to install flashwizard menu but the all process failed with in the message " This is not yet supported on DM7020" () either with SSL or the entire image.

Tried FlashEmun but basically it doesn the same of thed bootloader itself ending up with the Flash button which doesn't do anything at all no matter how many times I press it.

Tried DCC v2.95 with connection crossover first which I couldn't activate, then with via router that apparently worked great :

Telnet Connected
FTP Connected
Enigma2 detected

But then I couldn't get anything out of it.. despite I can FTP my device I can't yet not even backup it since the backup button stays off no matter what options I selected.
Regarding the image I couldn't try the upload whit this tool as it askes for .img files while I only could find .nfi

What else I'm really on the point of giving it up!
PLEASE HELP!

thanks

isasa74

Registered
ur bootloader is old need flash first latest bootloader secondstage 84

Perfect, thanks for the reply, I thought that but HOW to do it please? I have it as I said in my post but I can't find a way to flash it!

thanks again

isasa74

Registered
I'm trying to do it, but optoflasher keeps on telling me that I must wait for some info on my DM display which dm500hd doesn't have!

I managed to flash with Gemini 5.0 (gemini2-500-dm500hd-20100429213237.nfi), my problem is now how to install the Cccam, I can't find those in the addoons section (from the blue panel)

Please help! we are almost there...

byteraper

Registered
I have a Orginal DM500hd, boot loader build#88 from 2013
Tryed to flash it with peterpan eurora 4,1 .
I get the message "image for wrong architecture"
What am i doing wrong.

gladix

Registered
last bootloader for dream 500hd origonal is 84 since 11-09-2011/you are wrong bootloader
first load the bootloader in ipk format with browser method
second load a image /peter pan aurora dreamd if you whant
good look

mark21

Registered
Hi guys!
I want to put OpenAtv or OpenMips 2016 img on my dm500 HD v1.

I have ss #84, i try to put ss#84 r12 but not working witch web method.., i succeded put ss #84 r11 bin from file broswer install, but when i enter in firmware update web still apear ss#84 r0, 2011..

Any sugestion ?