Little help with Ferrari 8000

toysoft

Only Ferrari and Japhar images will work, the others that Wrangles quoted, will break your box as corrupted.

TS

wrangles

OE2.0 Ferrari Openpli,Blackhole,ect.from Houara do not function ! Only old Ferrari imge !only old Ferrari imge ?

Charly5

wrangles

Registered
I am very pleased to say that the 8K is now back up and running with the help of Johnny and Toysoft.

The problem that prevented the reflash of the box following the image failure was caused by a faulty rs232 port on the 8K so when this was changed I was able to successfully use the JapharFlasher software to facilitate the upload of a working image.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Your assistance was very much appreciated!:thum:

Wrangles

wrangles

Registered
@Freon: Yes - hopefully its the same underlying problem and you can recover your receiver. If you can borrow an rs232 card from someone with a working dm8000, you should be able to get it up and running fairly quickly as the rs232 board is only held in place with two screws (but be careful with the riser pins on the motherboard when re-seating it). Longer term, you will need to fix the original issue as this port is important for recovery / flashing and luckily Johnny has produced an excellent guide on how to replace the faulty ST3232 chip.

hope this helps.

Wrangles

freon

Registered
Of course with my box there was faulty max232 (RS232). With replaced chip, japhar flasher I have my box up and running.
Thanx to all!