vu+ solo pro with red light on

mattconny

Registered
Hi guys I was wondering if you can help me, I got this vu+ solo pro
box and was reading thought the post's on this forum and keep seen people saying Ferrari and non Ferrari so can you tell me which one I have please
because I have got a red light on I've tried the rs232 fix with no luck i have used win XP and real rs232 cable.
when I got the box I was told to goto LINK REMOVED only do not go anywhere else.
but the first thing on that website under vu solo is how to jtag the box but I have no idea what jtag they are using i just hope that someone can tell my at leased what jtag I need
Thank you for Having a look and hopefully someone can help

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know if this is the same for this type box but here is the tutorial by Ferret http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=271687

as a thought have you tried to flash it with Blackhole 2.0.6 .....?????? or is it just the permanent red light

P.S No links to other sites allowed

Guide is similar for jtag on this model but not the files.

Ive no experience of that model.

mattconny

Registered
sorry form link

sorry mate for the link I did't know and yes it is permanent red light I tried the fast car team but no luck for non Ferrari box

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
well the jtag instructions from the removed link site were for a solo2 not this solo pro, so I guess you had better contact them

mattconny

Registered
thank you very much

I've just looked at the post and it's all I needed and more a big thanks to all i will let you know how i get on :thum:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
here is the PDF from that site and it states all of there boxes solo, solo mini, solo pro, solo2 and duo

I would let ferret have a look at this pdf and see if its similar to his or this could be his knowing them Chinese, then maybe he can comment on it for you

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
this is the bin file from that site that states vu solo - flash by jtag

hope you sort it out :thum:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
For solo2 all those references hed need the equipment and then he need to take a look at his nand chip for the code so he used the correct xml flash to flash the cfe with.

mattconny

Registered
vu solo pro

hi guys I have just ordered the jtag CY7C68013A-56 EZ-USB FX2LP USB Development Board so hope it get's here soon. I have taken so pics of the chip that needs reflashing and the 4x pins

daviddrf

Registered
Hello. I have the same box with the same problem than you mattconny, a Vu+ Solo Pro with the same board and the same flash, TC58NVG0S3ETA00 from Toshiba. I'm thinking in buy another flash like that and a Cypress programmer to repair the box. Did you finally solve the problem with Ferret's JTAG guide?

daviddrf

Registered
Another question: is really necessary to buy another same flash or is it possible to recicyle and rewrite the first one which was damaged and corrupted? Thank you again.

fmgsm

Registered
Another question: is really necessary to buy another same flash or is it possible to recicyle and rewrite the first one which was damaged and corrupted? Thank you again.

test with BBS if you can write cfe bin file its ok, if not you must put a new flash

fmgsm

Registered
in my case , BBS detect my flash Samsung K9F1G08U0D, but i cant write in offset 0x00000000 detected as bad block. So i must replace a new one

fmgsm

Registered
My Solo Pro flash is a Toshiba 2x24=48 pins TC58NVG0S3ETA00.

but in BBS there is not Toshiba TC58NVG0S3ETA00 , there is only TC58DVG3S0ETA00. Baybe its not the same . You must add xml file for your flash. Anyway, try to select "TC58DVG3S0ETA00" and then refresh

daviddrf

Registered
but in BBS there is not Toshiba TC58NVG0S3ETA00 , there is only TC58DVG3S0ETA00. Baybe its not the same . You must add xml file for your flash. Anyway, try to select "TC58DVG3S0ETA00" and then refresh

Here's some pics of my Solo Pro flash:

I installed Broadband Studio 3 and Bcm97325.msi in Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits. I connect this module to the board which is not plugged ON yet with the jumper disconnected: http://www.ebay.es/itm/200910097384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Then I select "View" and select BCM97325, plug on the box and it shows..."disconnected".