sky card uk doesn' update

secaspider

Registered
Hi I gave up my subscription to sky, but they left the freeview channels on including the channel 5 hd and itv one hd, normally updated and I could carry on watching the channels, but what were my surprise today when suddenly they were gone, and the tiers stuck on the 11th June. Ago was there any big update our is there any reason for it?.i put my card I in the original box and says is the wrong card fire this box, never did it before,, any idea what's happend? Thank you

P.d: I gave up sky 3 months ago, that is
The reason I ask asking

Last edited:

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Think this has happened before to others with cards that have dropped down to Freesat without specifically obtaining a card solely for Freesat, I've tried a quick search and can't find the thread, hope someone else can post a link for you.

All I can say is my full sub (excluding. HD & ESPN) is still working fine watching SONY TV on my Spiderbox now (not using Spiderbox EMU, reading card with Fausto & using Newcamd).......will check it in my Sky Box again soon to see if ok (hope it is!).

edit: 1:57 BST 11/06/12, Sky Card ok in Sky box also

secaspider

Registered
Certainly the options can be ok. When I unsuscribed obviusly the activate the freechannels view.
I didn´t remove the card from my Dreambox as It was working fine, so I never thought It will happend the card could be turned on "Hibernation mode" I put it back anyway for about 15 minutes in the original sky box but same results.
So really I think It is not worth it to call sky to reactivate,
Thank you for your help

secaspider

Registered
Yes But the card always have been inserted on the Dm800Se with Cccam 2.3 correctly setup it up, In fact during the five years I am been suscriptor I didn´t have any problem with it.
So I don´t know..... I will try to insert the card in the Sky box for a day to see if it works again. Because from the Dm800Se it is not updating tiers and dates at all.
P.D: I put it back on the sky box we will see.....

Last edited:

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
You can kick start re-authorisation without ringing Sky:

On Sky Box Go to the Installers Menu.

To access the Installers Menu, use the following set of key presses:

SERVICES, 4, 0, 1, SELECT.

This will give you access to several sections:

Select the "New Installation" option, this will take a few mins as the box will rescan 28.2E, but it then calls the subscriber centre computer and updates the card. (Sure sky know about it but only if they look at your account, and it saves bothering them by phone! :D )

My card was ok back in the sky box but I have done this in the past without repercussions, Its just Ive never had a card unpair itself with a box before....

mikie8

Registered
that is a normal sky warning for a deactivated card ( no entitlements )

put it in any sky box and it will pair and update to free to view entitlements .

if using oscam , you can update a no entitlement card without a subbed box .

^G@w@in^

Registered
Yes But the card always have been inserted on the Dm800Se with Cccam 2.3 correctly setup it up, In fact during the five years I am been suscriptor I didn´t have any problem with it.
So I don´t know..... I will try to insert the card in the Sky box for a day to see if it works again. Because from the Dm800Se it is not updating tiers and dates at all.
P.D: I put it back on the sky box we will see.....

You are using 2.3.0 which is fine for updating your card what you don't have to do with a FTV card is block anything.

With 2.3.0 you have to allow global emm's set it to 2
Also you can allow extra level emm's which will help keep it updated.
Last make sure you allow some peers of other box's if you have some to allow emm's

Failing that use oscam dvbapi and flood the card with emms and it will come back.

secaspider

Registered
I left for 24 hours about in the original sky box and I can say it is alive again.

Thank you for your help and support. ;):)

BAsically I wanted because the freeview channels packets lets to you watch the ITV 1 HD and Channeld five HD althought you don´t have a Sky box HD like is my case.

I will remember your post "empb" that sounds good ehehehe

Last edited:

DM10

Registered
Hi, I have a full sly uk card with espn in my dreambox 7020si running cccam 2.2.1, My entitlements have been the same for the last two weeks - they are 4th, 14th and 17th august. I have been receiving 1 or 2 emm's most days but entitlements are still the same. Will card update in cccam 2.2.1?

DM10

Registered
just leave it and see,but it updates with 2.1.3 for definate.

If I thought it updated with 2.1.3 for sure I'd change to it. I was worried as I was told in another forum sly card will not update with cccam - I would have to use oscam. Are there any particular settings I would need to place in cccam.cfg file? How often should entitlement dates change?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you've asked for help,but now your saying you were told on another forum it would not update,why do you not ask on the other forum then instead of doubting other peoples knowledge.

DM10

Registered
No offence intended - just looking for confirmation of what I suspected. Would you recommend downgrading to cccam 2.1.3 then?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i told you in my previous post it definatly updates with 2.1.3 you might not get pick TV and a couple of other channels but it DEFINATLY updates.

DM10

Registered
i told you in my previous post it definatly updates with 2.1.3 you might not get pick TV and a couple of other channels but it DEFINATLY updates.

Thanks will move to cccam 2.1.3 - Pick Tv I think is free to air now - just checked on receiver. It is clearing with 2.2.1 but then I noticed it's fta.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
if your card is still active 2.1.3 will update it,if its missed its updates you need it re updating from S*Y first,you will also need your boxkey in cccam,cfg for premium channels sports etc! and make sure you dont over clock it,or you will kill it.

DM10

Registered
Entitlement dates are 4th, 17th and 14th August so I assume I havent missed the updates. What should the clock speed be - I have it at 357?

DM10

Registered
The entitlements that were dated 17th August updated overnight into September but the earlier dates did not change - is this normal?

richca

Registered
hi all, im having the same problem, im now not getting my entitlements updated,

im using cccam 2.1.4, never had any probs until this last update, i dont seem to have any emm updates

any help most welcome,

also i see that some peeps recommend to change over to oscam and cccam, is this a better setup to get entitlements updated and if so how to i go about setting it up properly as i have never used oscam before

thanks