Motorised Setup

bungouk

Registered
Hi All,

I used to use me motorised setup a few years ago then just stopped using it, however now I have decided I would like to get back into this hobby

I think other the few years away from the sat scene my dish may have moved of the arc slightly as I don't seem to be able to pick up anything from the west satellites apart from Thor 0.8w.
If I remember correctly Thor is the one I need to use to align my dish, what is the best channel to align it to?

Currently i will be using my old TM5400 USB super box and 90cm Dish, but looking to change the box so I have HD. Any recommendations on box to buy?

Don't suppose anyone one here is from the Cambridgeshire area who could perhaps come round and help with the realignment as i'm not very confident doing this or going up a ladder? or perhaps knows someone who will realign it as cheap as possible as I don't have much mmoney.

Thanks

Jamie

ebmitie

Registered
There are so many boxes now the list is endless and its all down to budget. That box you have as ut has a great tuner. It also does USALS and did you use that to set up dish originally?

If you are not interested in 4K or ultrahd get a VU) solo2 but you may also get freeview where you are and that is another condsideration. look at world of sat for solo2. Can you say make of motor and lnb. al jazeera english is very strong on 0.8w. its on 12418.00 V , DVB-S QPSK 28000 7/8. With solo2 you can flash a custom build image and it will have everything you need on it and more.

NB with USALS you can tweak the dish from comfort of armchair.

bungouk

Registered
My setup was never setup using USAL, that's the way i want to have it realigned. I had someone else set it up which i'm not convinced they new what they were doing 100%.

I cannot remember what lnb or motor that is attached to my dish.

Thanks

Jamie