Administrator
8GB Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC
WindForce3 OC GDDR5X VR Ready Graphics Card,
2560 Core, 1632 MHz GPU, 1771 MHz Boost

i am upgrading my Graphics card to the above faster Card
i currently run a very old 2GB Nvidea GTX660
will my new Graphics Card still Run CSA Rainbow Tools ? :confused:
i am interested in finding keys and Brute Forcing keys
currently my GTX660 is far too slow my V2 Search is about 45sec- 1 min but V1 search is more than 4mins i hope this new card will speed things up since i do have Max 16GB Ram already installed

please some feedback i would appreciate ...

This is my Current PC Specs ...

Screenshot_1.png

meho7

i have a 1070 which is around 25% slower than the 1080 if u need anything i can test for u.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for very quick reply meho7
i'm guessing my old 2GB GTX660 will be at least 60% slower than this 1080 then ? :D

i am hoping to brute force some keys and speed up my V1 Table and possibly V2 Table searching

i am not sure if it will help viewing 4:2:2 feeds also ?
if 4:2:2 feed is above say 10mb then it does pixel even when my signal is very good above 80% just enuff to make it quite hard to watch as audio goes Out of Sync due to Lag ,
what i hope is to see BT British Speedway feeds which are now only broadcasting in 4:2:2 format and around 16mb i can get them but it does not run smooth after few mins it pixel and Lag
i think is due to my current weak GTX660 :confused:

The LA Liga 4:2:2 feeds on 10E i believe are 10mb and run flawless as does WWE 4:2:2 Feeds and Tennis which are normally not more than 10MB .

i hope that makes some kinda sense ?

meho7

Is the gpu usage the same when watching high bitrate feeds compared to 10mbps - what about the cpu? I also get some glitching when watching 20+mbps 4.2.2 feeds via web interface.

cheers

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
CPU goes to about 30%
normally about 10% its a little more if i have web pages open not critical all the time with 10MB And 16MB feeds makes no difference

GPU is 67% and then 75% and just simply LAGS out with 16MB Feed,

it will sit at 40% or lower steadily if its just a 10MB feed
But 16MB feed just gets too much and really does have a hard time running stable Audio goes out of sync then picture pixels pretty often
there is none of this if feed is normal 10MB however

20+mbps 4.2.2 feeds are really too much with my GTX660
i fully understand and do see that you can get some glitching ,But i am really happy to hear that you can infact run 20MB feeds even with a bit of glitching that is much more than i can do at present :D
Thank you .

Dave5118

Feed Hunter
TBH, you won't see that much of an improvement, most of the time is taking up while 'searching' for CWs, and that is down mostly to the speed of your SSD/HDD. It will be quicker, but don't expect miracles.
As for 4:2:2 feeds, won't make any difference, you have to rely on the CPU for that, nvidia never have added 4:2:2 codecs to their drivers, and unlikely to change.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Tonights BT Speedway Feed => http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2036916698&postcount=185

it is 30MB :eek:
Signal = 13db 95%
CPU = Maximium Useage 43%
11.1GB of 16GB RAM Free

USING DivX Decoder codecs TBS 5980 USB QBOX
ProgDVB 6.5.1 crack'd version

Feed runs not so bad tonight just a couple of times Audio Lagged out of Sync but picture remains perfect

Real Shame BT Sport have Stopped broadcasting 4:2:0 Speedway GB Feeds :mecry:

stephend2000

Donating Member
Tonights BT Speedway Feed => http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2036916698&postcount=185

it is 30MB :eek:
Signal = 13db 95%
CPU = Maximium Useage 43%
11.1GB of 16GB RAM Free

USING DivX Decoder codecs TBS 5980 USB QBOX
ProgDVB 6.5.1 crack'd version

Feed runs not so bad tonight just a couple of times Audio Lagged out of Sync but picture remains perfect

Real Shame BT Sport have Stopped broadcasting 4:2:0 Speedway GB Feeds :mecry:

I'm running this at 8% CPU usage and 2.8GB/32GB RAM! I love 4:2:2 feeds but I know a LOT of people can not run them at all. Plus it is quite annoying having to hook a computer up to your TV.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
MY New Graphics card arrived today NVIDIA GTX 1080
ITS Already installed
but as Dave5118 correctly said
TBH, you won't see that much of an improvement, most of the time is taking up while 'searching' for CWs, and that is down mostly to the speed of your SSD/HDD
i find this to be true searching keys is a little faster but not by much i guess....but i now have 2560 cuda cores vs 960 cores previously ..plus 8GB Graphics card vs 2GB Graphics card
CPU Use is down massive
plus i now have 7GB Ram free previously only 4GB Free
i will test various 4:2:2 feeds and hopefully i might notice a big improvement i hope ..
cheers for all the replies @ all you all are very,very helpful and knowledgeable : )

Screenshot_1.png

Liquor Twát

for makeing v1 rainbows chain gtx 1080 have big difference, much faster. For searches of cw not much speed gain, for 4K satellite signals, huge improvemtn

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Tonights Speedway 4:2:2 feed is @ 0.8W => http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2036918572&postcount=188

Again its a 30MB Stream but unlike last week with my new Graphics card it plays very,very close to perfection
just a little picture disruption but Audio remains fully in Sync unlike last week with old Graphics card .
This Nvidea 1080 GPU is Excellent indeed it was £500 but well worth it IMHO :D

meho7

Gpu usage less than 3% while cpu is around 16-17% (Xeon-Haswell 4c/8t)

Whats the cpu usage?