[Question] NSS7 20W

fmoreira

Hello,

I have recently tried to tune this satellite and I came across this situation:

Signal:

morning - 75%,

lunchtime - 90%,

Somewhere during the afternoon (I still did know exactly when) the signal disappears and reappears around 23h with 17% .... that at 24h is already 60% ...

Another question is about active transponders ... the information made available on reference sites is not coherent:

I only have channels on the frequency 12513 H 8333 DVB-S2 / QPSK but according to the King of sat the frequency 12697 H 6665 DVB-S2 QPSK should also be active ...

Anyone tuning in to this satellite could give some feedback?

I'm in Porto with a 1.20m dish

Thank you!!

Last edited:

VIP
It's on an inclined orbit so the signal strength varies greatly over a 24h period.

Last time I checked ( a couple of weeks ago) only 12513H was active.

fmoreira

It's on an inclined orbit so the signal strength varies greatly over a 24h period.

Last time I checked ( a couple of weeks ago) only 12513H was active.

So it´s not possible have reception over all 24h?

Francescone

Well Known Member
For best reception in a 24h period, you need motorized dish with an elevation movement. Using normal polarmount or H-H setup you can move the dish only in azimuth (horizontal) direction, not in elevation (vertical) direction. Adding a second motor you could correct your pointing in elevation to perfectly align the dish to the satellite every time you like.

VIP
@naja
If you do not have the facility for motorised elevation adjustment you could of course move the dish manually (up or down depending upon the time) to optimise the signal. Remember to mark the correct starting elevation position so you can easily return to it when you want to change to another satellite which is on the arc.

fmoreira

For best reception in a 24h period, you need motorized dish with an elevation movement. Using normal polarmount or H-H setup you can move the dish only in azimuth (horizontal) direction, not in elevation (vertical) direction. Adding a second motor you could correct your pointing in elevation to perfectly align the dish to the satellite every time you like.

@naja
If you do not have the facility for motorised elevation adjustment you could of course move the dish manually (up or down depending upon the time) to optimise the signal. Remember to mark the correct starting elevation position so you can easily return to it when you want to change to another satellite which is on the arc.

Thanks for your the tips... I have a normal motorized dish (1,20m).

In this specific satellite it is not possible to open the channels that broadcast there, right?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for your the tips... I have a normal motorized dish (1,20m).

In this specific satellite it is not possible to open the channels that broadcast there, right?
THAT IS TRUE Nothing is Open for that a new PowerVU Emu needs to be built but i doubt if it will ever be made public :(