T90 dish + 16 LNBs [15 Twin + 1 Quadro] + 2x Centauri 16/1 switches!!!

gorski

Well Known Member
Quad, of course. Else it would be Quatro. My mistake, sure...

If you use Smart Tit - no prob!

BM300

Super VIP
Very nice idea.

Although you sold your system, to make the base more durable a plastic pallets base version can be used instead of the wooden one.
Sand filled bags or curbstones can be used to hold the system down.

plastic-pallet-251269.jpg

Last edited:

gorski

Well Known Member
Indeed! Cool!

But can you drive a nail or a screw into it in a "normal" way?

Thanx!

BM300

Super VIP
Indeed! Cool!

But can you drive a nail or a screw into it in a "normal" way?

Thanx!

You can drive a screw or a nail by using a drill.
You can also fix the dish using a nut and bolt without any drilling.​

RimaNTSS

Unfortunately low performance lnb.
Today we have so strong signals from most common satellites, so it does not really matters if there are slight difference in performances of LNBs. Did you test SHARP LNBs versus another LNBs?

gorski

Well Known Member
You can drive a screw or a nail by using a drill.
You can also fix the dish using a nut and bolt without any drilling.​

If you have to use a drill to put a nail or a screw into the plastic, then the other sentence makes no sense, m8...

What did you mean by that exactly, please?

gorski

Well Known Member
Nice setup. Do you really use Quadro LNB? Or it is Quad? Do not you feel that at least for 4,8*E-7*E-9*E those LNBs you are using are not good enough? I mean those are having too big diameter front parts. My last findings are SHARP LNBs with 40mm body diameter.

Some have tested various LNBs and Smart Tit came on top...

This is regarding the width of the LNB and distances smaller than 3' (see images attached)...;)

RimaNTSS

Yes. Vs Maximum xo-r1, megasat multifeed, alps, inverto multiconnect. It appeared to be the worst.
SHARP LNBs just appear to be worse or they really so bad? Can you specify how worse they are? Just kidding. :) I have got about 10 of those SHARPs and see no problem with performance. Moreover, they are light and small, just perfect for T90 :clapping:

BM300

Super VIP
If you have to use a drill to put a nail or a screw into the plastic, then the other sentence makes no sense, m8...

What did you mean by that exactly, please?

Sorry for the confusion.
I ment that you can use a nut and bolt through the existing holes in the board.​

gorski

Well Known Member
I see... But if the holes on the palette do not match the holes on the metal construction that supports the dish?

gorski

Well Known Member
Anyone knows where to get this from and how much it would cost, maybe?

http://www.sat-universe.com/redirec...cuedee.se/product/chimney-support-1-supp-tube
Code:
[URL="http://www.sat-universe.com/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cuedee.se%2Fproduct%2Fchimney-support-1-supp-tube"]_http://www.cuedee.se/product/chimney-support-1-supp-tube[/URL]

Code:
_http://www.omnitron-systems.com/product-families-overview.php
- these guys are also mentioned in the pdf file but couldn't figure out why...

Thanx in advance!

gorski

Well Known Member
I need something similar installed on a chimney, without drilling, in Luxembourg, guys... Anybody competent and interested, please?!?

I will pay a fair amount of money for a good job!!!

I have everything, except the chimney stuff.

Likvid

Registered
I need something similar installed on a chimney, without drilling, in Luxembourg, guys... Anybody competent and interested, please?!?

I will pay a fair amount of money for a good job!!!

I have everything, except the chimney stuff.

In Sweden we use this chimney kit for heavy dishes like 120cm.

It's designed for 76mm mast but you can also put 60mm no problem.

You can buy it here, it's Swedish made quality.

http://satpro.se/detailes/detailes.asp?art_nr=5235107

or the manufacturer directly

http://pexymek.com/index.php/produc...ste-1-par-i-kartong-passande-50-76mm-ror.html

Last edited:

gorski

Well Known Member
Thank you kindly. Likvid! Appreciated!!!

Have you got a picture with the installed product, please? You know, so I can see the details of connecting the bits and anti-rolling system [if] they have [it] etc.?

I suppose if I buy two of those, then a quadruple tying to the chimney might be better and more secure and sound...

gorski

Well Known Member
The manufacturers are mickey-takers, it seems... Seriously overcharging me, regardless of what we agreed beforehand... Ridiculous!:mad:

Better buy online from re-sellers [see Likvid's link above]. In the end it will be cheaper... and no hassle...:rolleyes:

Honestly, some people... are to be AVOIDed!!!:jason2:

gorski

Well Known Member
Hi, guys!

Just gonna have my T90 satellite dish installed, finally... Weather permitting, it should be finished on Tuesday. The installer is supposed to come tomorrow with the mast and to finish the preparatory work. So far, we arrested the chimney (see image attached), fixed the cables (3 long cables running down to the house, 2 for a twin tuner receiver [I still don't have it, as I am still searching, hehe] and one for me, not to bother the family when I need to play/test, scan the media etc.). Plus I made all 36 of the short cables connecting LNBs and switches (2 X Centauri 16in1 and one 4in1) [ouch, that hurt!
biggrin.gif
]... So, it will have 16 LNBs (12 Twin and 4 Quad).

I am in Luxembourg and I wanna have everything I can possibly have - i.e. gonna insist with the installer my €s are well spent and he does a really good job for really good money...
biggrin.gif

So, I need - relatively speaking, of course - one or two weaker transponders to really test how well the dish has been set up/aligned and all the LNBs properly working... On Kingsat, Lyngsat and so on one doesn't really have these details easily accessible. And even if one goes one by one, the footprints are frequently not exactly correct. One can frequently get more (for instance, I was in Sweden before Lux and I got more in various positions) than it is published there, for a dish-size they claim... On top of it, T90 is a really good dish to pull in those weaker signals, so...

Here is the list of satellites I will be looking to get:

Code:
http://satlex.us/en/wavefrontier_calc-params.html?satlo_east=28.5&user_satlo_east=&user_satlo_east_dir=E&satlo_west=-30.0&user_satlo_west=&user_satlo_west_dir=E&location=49.60%2C6.11&la=49.60&lo=6.11&country_code=lu

16) 30° West

15) 27.5° West

14) 24.5° West

13) 18° West

12) 11°+12.5° West

11) 8°+7° West

10) 5°+4° West

9) 0.8°+1° West - central position

8) 4.8°+5° East

7) 7° East

6) 9°+10° East

5) 13° East

4) 16° East

3) 19.2° East

2) 23.5° East

1) 28.2°+28.5° East

So, anyone who can help, from experience, with weaker transponders on these satellite positions, please? For instance, I know that on 28.2°+28.5° E, one has a narrow beam for BBC etc.

Also, he claims that 16° E won't be possible to get but I know it is possible with T90, since I got it in Sweden.

And any other relevant info, please...

Thanx a bunch, in advance!:thum:

RimaNTSS

Hi Gorski!
Interesting project! Your chimney will look like Christmas tree with all those brackets, T90 and lots of wires.
I am little bit skeptical about getting good signals on far-East and far-West sats. 32 is far off standard T90 LNB rail, and on that distance antenna performs like maybe 30-40cm offset. I also do not like idea of getting 2 sats on one LNB, especially 11*W and 12,5*W. Suspect that on 18*W is only C-band signals (maybe I am wrong).
So you plan to give to family 16 sats and play yourself with only 4?! Should be opposite.
And final question, maybe silly one, but: Why you waiting for installer and not DIY?
But to check is your antenna installed properly just control is there reception on 30*W and 28,5*E, if any signal there, than antenna is mounted right.
Anyway, would be interesting to see results. Good luck.