Best way to watch 4:2:2 h.264 feeds via TV

AVFC_Dan

Donating Member
Hi everyone

Just got a motorised 1.1 setup, I know the azbox can handle 4:2:2 but not h.264.

If the only way is to stream to a PC, what sort of spec is needed? Are there any micro pc's that could handle it that could be neatly hid behind the back of the TV?

Thanks

harshy

Registered
I use a crossover cable connected to the back of the dm900 as it's got a fast Ethernet port you should get 30-40mbps hd 4:2:2 feeds and then via hdmi to the telly. Set the VLC to interlace the picture.

AVFC_Dan

Donating Member
Thanks for the reply,dm900 being a dream box? Didn't think any stb could handle 4:2:2 h.264 feeds? You don't use a pc then? Sat cable to dreambox and then hdmi to Tv, where does VLC come into it?

Ragnarok

Donating Member
any decent e2 box with gigabit Ethernet will send the stream to a device that can play it no probs.

Sometimes I re encode with ffmpeg an send it back the the box in mpeg 4:2:0.

98lewisj

Registered
I would love an explanation as to how this is possible. I am in exactly the same situation and cannot get my Blade Media BM8000 to connect to my PC via Ethernet. Any help would be great.

Jay

marjanen

Registered
Theres no box to handel it straight!

You need to use pc and vlc.

And no need for cross over ethernet. I use a router in between...

98lewisj

Registered
Hi Marjanen,

How do I connect the box to the PC? That is the bit I am struggling with, i currently have a Blade Media BM8000, I have VLC on my PC, I have both connected to my my wired LAN. Thanks

Jay

chelo71

Super VIP
Write on the IP address of the decoder pc, you open the webinterface of the decoder, go to the feed you want to see and open it with vlc

98lewisj

Registered
When I type the IP of the Satellite receiver in my web browser nothing happens. Do I need other software on the PC? Do you know of any videos or guides for this?

Thanks and sorry for my ignorance. I am new to all this.

AVFC_Dan

Donating Member
any decent e2 box with gigabit Ethernet will send the stream to a device that can play it no probs.

Sometimes I re encode with ffmpeg an send it back the the box in mpeg 4:2:0.

It's seems my thread has been hijacked :)

No problem streaming back to pc using solo 2, just wanted to know the best way to get it back to the TV and to find out how others are doing it.

How do you convert on the fly and send back your receiver?

thanaraole

Registered
So if I connect by AB Cryptobox 700HD to my computer using an ethernet cable would I be able to stream 4:2:2 broadcasts on my PC? Thanks a lot.

angeldemarco

Registered
it's got a fast Ethernet port you should get 30-40mbps hd 4:2:2 feeds and then via hdmi to the telly. Set the VLC to interlace the picture.

thanaraole

Registered
it's got a fast Ethernet port you should get 30-40mbps hd 4:2:2 feeds and then via hdmi to the telly. Set the VLC to interlace the picture.

My friend please can you help me I have connected an ethernet cable from my Cryptobox 700HD and then an hdmi to my PC. How do I use VLC to interlace the picture?