VU+ advice for a MOTORIZED dish

H2SO4

Registered
Hi Vu+ users... I would like to ask for a advice on VU+ with MOTIRIZED dish

I 'm using a SAmsung DSR 9500 with a motorized 110 cm dish, but I would like to change to a new decoder.
I'm mnterested in quality and not in clones (tuner quality is critical when dealing with many satellites).

I would like a decoder with
  • good S/N ratio, to get the faintest signal
  • with a smart managing of the motor and channel
  • capable of PVR (adding internal SSD disk)
  • VERY good software maintenance and support
  • capable of using HD video (1080 ) is appreciated
  • capability of "extra decoding" feature is a plus VERY appreciated
  • capability of using DVB-T2 is a plus
Funny question in a VU+ forum: which is the "twin" model of the suggested VU+ one, in the DMM world ?

Which VU+ would you suggest me ?
I've read that VU+ once had a better support and update, but now the frequently update comes from the opensource (BH). Is it correct ?
What has VU+ in comparison with a flaged DMM ?
How is the tuner sensitivity and STB speed ?
How is it "open" to modification for "peek" other channel ?

Thanks for all your advises ...

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Go for the Ultimo mate although the Duo will also do all you require and you can use a UDB DTT stick.

I generally consider the VU+ range as having slightly less sensitive tuners than say the DMM range but the VU+ will beat them in just about most other aspects hardware wise.

H2SO4

Registered
thanks Ferret for your help.
May I ask you some more details ?

I've been comparing Vu+ ultimo and DMM 7020HD for a motorized dish (for what I understand they represent a similar product),
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreambox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vu+

I were considering the improvements of the new VU+, and I would like to have some confirmations from you.

• HD QUALITY - Hd channel are present on many satellites. The broadcom BCM7413, seems to cover better the Hd format. Does it give some _real_ user experience advantages on the boardcom BCM7405 (e.g: viewing hd program, registering hd program, else ?)
  • PVR - Does the Vu+ with an usb stick or a internal hd performe in such way better than the "other" version .How? Does it support a DVD/BD as a second sata device ?
  • SPEED-Graphics: how is the situation on VU+ ? Which is the kernel adopted on VU+ original image ?
  • SW Support - how often the original VU+ update are published, without considering the "non official" one ? Can I dare to ask what Black hole adds to Vu+ Ultimo, in comparison with the official VU+ image ?

Thanks a lot for your answer!