cccam 0e2 image

entusiasti

Registered
How do i change my working conf.Datei from 1.6 to 2.0?And yes,the path for the configuration files is usr/keys!

Renard

Registered
The best way is to make a copy from the Key-folder of your Image 1.6 and to transfer via ftp to /usr of the new image. So there are all files that you need there. The key-files need chmod 644, the config.file chmod 755.
Regards, Renard

entusiasti

Registered
I already put the files i had from the old OE 1.6 into the new OE2.0 in usr/keys,changed atributes,but i still cant make it work!God ,this is frustrating:)I dont know what the hell am i doing wrong?As i said the same configuration worked like charm on OE 1.6,but on this new OE 2.0 its stucked :( Other emus work ok,mgcamd-no chance!!!

Renard

Registered
Another thing I forgot: open mg_cfg and change the boxtype from 00 (default) to 06. Save changing and restart e2. I hope, this will help.
Regards, Renard

ararat

Sorry to say, but I went back to OE1.6:mecry:.
I liked OE2.0 a lot and will install it later again (after first release) but
I had network problems (nameserver not recognized) and in addition I must warn all of you, who want to store away recordings on external media (DVD/Bluray/HDD).

On both my dm8000s the recordings were spoiled. One can watch them nearly like on OE1.6 before on the dreambox itself, but if ever one tries to cut them on pc/mac the result is a file with video and audio out of sync sooner or later. Artifacts, blurring, etc. may occur, too.

If you only want to watch your recordings on dreambox, don´t bother!
If you want to export your recordings for usage in standalone blurayplayers or mediaplayers - better test, if your ususal exporting method still delivers acceptable results.

On Dreambox board some others (not too many) are complaining about bad, unusable recordings and network problems with freezing boxes, too. If you´re lucky, your box is not being hit by such problems.

naveed68

Registered
:thum: im sure these issure will be fixed ararat did you get any feedback of dream multimedia about the questions you asked concerning being able to play bluray movies bought from of the shelve et..
as im still reluctant to buy a bluray writer player etc for dreambox until i know for sure m8...

my only answer i can give you for your probs you having with this new image is perhaps the image writers of oe2 are concentrating more of the playability of bluray and all other features that you use may be better befor too long ..

i dont know the full implications of 0e2 but am i write in saying image writer like oozoon or any other cvs image writers wont be able to follow suit and jump up from 1.6 ??

ararat

hi, naveed68:)

The way it looks. bluray writers in dreambox8000 officially will only playback your own recordings or other non copyright protected bluray discs:rolleyes: (because linux is open source and won´t get license for playback of copyrighted material).

If you want to play back your bought copyright protected bluray discs you can only rip the videos from disc with tools like "AnyDVDHD" (removing copyright protection is illegal in most countries) or build an MKV file with free (during Beta stadium) "MakeMKV". Both can be legally used for ripping of selfmade discs or illegally used to unprotect what´s protected. The first named program does "unprotection" automatically (as long as you you pay annual license), for the latter you must read on their homepage, how to do it (in MakeMKV FAQs).

Unprotected bluray discs or data discs with m2ts / ts / mkv you can play back from disc writer inside your dm8000hd. Dolby + DTS audio should work.

Maybe there will be s.th. like libdvdcss2 one day - but today that´s still only gossip (at least, I didn´t find a real solution, yet). If ever the prob gets solved, it won´t get discussed on DMM board - only on other boards;).

Perhaps somebody else knows more about progress on libblu?
There is a linux project on AACS, I read - and another one on building own libs for linux - but ... ?

---

My network probs on dreambox (no nameserver found during network test) vanished immediately after I installed OE1.6 again.

But there must have been additional probs (probably with network cables, although I had tested them o.k.).
In addition to flashing old OE1.6 I afterwards connected new CAT6 cables to the LAN sockets of my DSL router and removed my WLAN repeater - then, all other network problems were resolved.
(Had lost WLAN connection to some devices / LAN 3 port of router suddenly didn´t want to function, too.)

Fearing that my DSL-router´s end was near, I ordered a new one (Fritz!Box 7390).
Although my old router seems to work o.k. now, I´ll keep the new one, anyhow - it was compareably cheap at the moment at amazon and should my router ever be faulty, then I got quick replacement at home.
(Even my DECT telephones run over DECT base on router - if my router busts, I have neither phone nor internet. The new router that I ordered for 195 € costs 279 € in the shops of the city where I live and where I would have to buy in case of being seperated from internet/phone.)

---------------------------

I´m not 100% sure, but you´re supposedly right, naveed68. There presumably won´t be other OE2.0 images than original CVS. Maybe programmers will be able to build s.th. similar some day.
At least one thing is for sure - OE2.0 is made only for original dreamboxes with original SIM-card from Dream MM company. It won´t run on clone dream, abcom, cuberevo or VU+ boxes, etc..
But plugins like GP3, SoftcamManager, etc. :) are still possible.

Last edited:

boxalek

Registered
hello ararat!!!

i have with network the same problem with dns bat the problem solve after the software update!!!

now i have yhe problem with tspanet!!! (not supported yet probobly) and with subtitle player !!!!!!

????

naveed68

Registered
hi mate i wouldnt install tspannel om this image yet as its not ready for it however the the gp3 wizzard works well if you havent installed it allready see my post post 23 page 3 ...

i dont seem to be having any network probs at my end and im finding my streaming i do a whole lot better since switching to oe2 :)

cheers all have a good weekend :thum:

Last edited:

ararat

hi, boxalek:)

Good to hear about network probs being solved by update:thum:

TSPanel latest version, 5.8, like naveed68 already said, is only available as mipsel.ipk for old OE1.6 at the moment.
Same counts for subtitle player 3.09.
OE2.0 needs mips32el.ipk packages or special _all.ipk files for installation. So there aren´t official OE2.0 versions for both (Tspanel / Subtitle player), yet.
Maybe some day ...

------

If you only want subtitles for DVD playback, you may try new BETA version of EMC 3.x for OE2.0 (Enhanced Movie Center).
In EMC settings you can predefine three of your favorized subtittle languages. EMC is a frontend player for backend players E2 MoviePlayer, GStreamer Plugin and DVD-Player Plugin (dvd player plugin must be installed if not already done).
EMC lists up (and supports according to your hardware´s abilities).
Video: [".ts", ".avi", ".divx", ".f4v", ".flv", ".img", ".iso", ".m2ts", ".m4v", ".mkv", ".mov", ".mp4", ".mpeg", ".mpg", ".mts", ".vob"]
Audio: [".ac3", ".dts", ".flac", ".m4a", ".mp2", ".mp3", ".ogg", ".wav"]
Lots of functions - can´t name them all.
- File attached here.

Latest version of EMC you can as well get, if you install it with GP3 plugin:
In GP3 BluePanel choose -- Settings -- Common Settings -- Use extra plugins = ON - Refresh with blue button of your RC. GoTo "Addons" in BluePanel -- select Plugins (Extensions)97 and refresh with blue button of your RC.
Then you should find "enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedmoviecenter" available for online installation.

If you want database information on DVD movies in EMC you should install additional IMDb Plugin and for search through movie listing additional installation of MovieSearch Plugin is useful (both available in standard OE2.0 experimental plugins feed in your dreambox´s extensions menu).

Remark:
Your box may freeze with some SKINS in EMC (especially if you use skins for older EMC 2.x.! Then Reboot with console or with Power supply off/Power supply on.
To get EMC running anyhow, you can make it use its own default skin instead of your installed skin by copying a special skin_user.xml to /etc/enigma2 on your dreambox. - File(s) attached here.
There are three versions of that file - use the one corresponding to your main skin:
If you have HiRes HD skin installed use HD version (medium XD or LowRes SD accordingly)

-------

Hi, naveed68:).

Now, with new DSL router and new network cables I could give OE2.0 another try. But I first must find a way to get better recordings.

Seems even with OE1.6 I´ve got some recording problems on both dm8000´s. As far as I observed with OE1.6 it´s rather a problem with 3D recordings, only, whereas with OE2.0 it was with 2D + 3D recordings.
Maybe change of emu solves the prob.?.
Will have to survey recording quality for some time.
(Can´t risk spoiled 2D recordings the next weeks until I´ve recorded the final episode of a broadcast series that I´ve been collecting for years now. If I get an unusable, uncuttable ts-file, I can throw away my whole collection:rolleyes:.)

After successful recording, I will try OE2.0 again. I liked it:thum: and hopefully won´t get network problems again.

Have a good weekend:)!

Last edited:

ararat

WARNING

Warning message:wowr::

If you update OE2.0 (with file 2012-06-02) and you use GP3 plus you installed and useEXTRA SKIN(S) - you may get endless reboot of your dreambox!

(You then can only delete extra skin(s) via ftp. If hopefully you didn´t delete the OE2.0 standard skin, it will automatically be used, if available. But, if you deleted standard skin, you can only flash your dreambox with OE2.0 image via WebIf again:mecry:.

I already mentioned the possibly hazardous influence of skins on experimental images in one of my posts above here and now unfortunately it became true.

Therefore again the advice
Use standard OE2.0 skin and delete extra skin(s) before you update!
When you use standard skin, or don´t use GP3 all is o.k.:thum:

boxalek

Registered
thx ararat !!!!

when update my gp3 in 2-6-2012
my youtube plagin when i run it is stack and reboot my box !!!!
it is beter to remove and after reinstall via blue panel ???

ararat

Thx, faas:) for your message!

hi, boxalek:).

First, before I forget to mention:
Perhaps OE2.0 plugin "SubtitleDownloader" useful instead of Subtitle Player?
You find it amongst CVS plugins in "Multimedia" section. But I don´t know if it´s good. Description says, it can download subtitles for movie files on dreambox.

-----

Youtube plugin I would deinstall - reboot box and try to reinstall with bluepanel. Maybe runs better then, but youtube is not too stable in OE2.0 anyhow, yet. (Youtube in HBBTV Experimental suite - always risk of greenscreen, still).
But we shouldn´t forget that OE2.0 is real Experimental (bloody edge), - not one of those experimental images like on OE1.6 before, that were being built from stable release versions. So we need to be patient.

-----
Remark:
Should you have spoiled hdd recordings with OE2.0 (ts-files very faulty - some users complain - me, too - can´t record without faults anymore):
the problems neither seem to be caused by OE2.0 nor by GP3.

Tested it the last days.

** Returned to latest OE1.6 image, as I reported --= spoiled recordings, too.
** Flashed OE2.0 (2012-06-02) without GP3 (only CVS with emus manually installed/started) --= spoiled recordings, too.
** Today OE2.0 + GP3 (completely new installation - no settings reloaded -started 2 hours ago and finished with my second dm8000hd ten minutes ago) = I´ll see

** Even tried different DSL modes on my DSL router. (When Fritz!Box 7270/7390 router firmwares were updated some weeks ago, new DSL method was introduced, but router could be reset to old method).
I resetted my router to old DSL mode, then recorded some broadcasts with both my dm8000hds (CVS OE2.0 without GP3 in flash no BA, no devices attached, etc.). Spoiled recordings on both dreamboxes again.
** Disconnected my tv set from network (tv has hbbtv and internet) because I feared it might disturb dreambox´s network functions and cause spoiled recordings - not guilty. Spoiled recordings with or without tv.
** WLAN devices on or off - no difference.

Perhaps I should flash an older OE1.6 image from year 2011, when my boxes worked flawlessly.?. Maybe some "improved" drivers cause the recording problem in newer images?
It´s a puzzle:rolleyes:

At least I can help myself by not cutting my recordings on pc (cutting results in audio/video out of sync), when I want to store them on disc.
I just burn my ts-files to data-disc as they are (DVD or BD-R) and play them back with my new blurayplayer, which plays them as well as my dreamboxes do;).

naveed68

Registered
sound araarat thanks for the reply mate.:thum:

good to see you back on oe2 haha

im looking forward to testing the new 3d menu layouts and features on 0e2 when i get my 3d tv back :mecry:. haha i new i shouldnt of practice my golf in front of it on my 3d tiger woods golf simulator its a good laugh but was expensive one but ill have it back soon and im looking forward testing it again but this time ill be more carfull :)

i havent had chanceto test the new 3d features on the 0e2 im hoping there better than 0e 1.6 in the sense that you dont get double menu picture on your tv when you put your tv into 3d mode

as i always had to turn tv back into 2d mode befor i could change channel on my dreambox :eek:

is the dreambox remote more responsive in 3d mode now and have they soughted the double screen menu out so you now only see one menu when your set tv is set to 3d mode and what the other 3d features mate ive been waiting to find out hah

nice one ara keep up the good work bro

have a good day all :thum:

Last edited:

boxalek

Registered
thx ararat for your useful infos

I will try for the best for my box and i wil inform you evry time !!!

ararat

hi, m8s:).

New OE2.0 is online (120605 - with enigma 2 tarball 120606) - major update of 91 packages on my boxes - including gemini update.

Flashed new OE2.0 already, because my boxes needed improvement.

Before the flashing tonight, one of my boxes had frozen (time stood still - no green screen - no crashlog).
Surprisingly it was my (host-)box that was in standby and not busy at all at that moment, except for being the host to my second box, which wasn´t even set to an encryted channel at all.
Seems as if freezers (if you got any) have s.th. to do with decryption and/or network requests - will report on DMM board and maybe IHAD about that. After freezers I often find my boxes having lost their settings in "CI-Modul" menu of GP3 - being set to CI module active instead of emu:rolleyes:. Restart of emu brings back picture.

Tried Alphacrypt CI module with my Nagra3 card then - even worse than with emu - picture froze - then some seconds movie - freezing again, etc.. So no choice, but emu.
Will probably do some more tests, today.
Hopefully tonight´s update helped ...
I´ll see.

If not, I may try to change places (host = new client / client = new host).
Seems as if not all dreamboxes behave the same way (depending on mainboard revision, hardware, etc.) - therefore some users experience problems, that others don´t.

Will have to test quality of recordings, too. They were still spoiled, yesterday. Some users/developers on DMM board advise to format HDD with xfs file system. But then, no easy return to OE1.6 possible with such a disc. In addition, if you dont want to lose your recordings, files must be backed up.
-----------
-----------

Feedback always welcome, boxalek:). If not enough users report, how should developers improve firmware?
Hope, you´ve got your Youtube back running again.:thum:

---
3D plugin (which must be installed from plugin menu), naveed68:), can be set to automatic mode.
If you zap to a 3D channel with side by side picture, you then get two seperate dreambox menus for each half of the picture. When you switch your tv to 3D side by side mode, you´ll then see a single 2D menu layed on top of your 3D picture.
The only thing that would be nice, is, if dreambox could automatically set the tv to side by side mode. But my other devices won´t do such automatic setting, too. Not even, if they are of the same brand, so it´s normal behaviour.

Tiger Woods reminds me of expensive divorce. Be glad you only used golf simulator and lost your tv set - what if there had existed a T.W.-bedroom simulator:D?
Hopefully no more 3D handicap for you in the future;)

rahimi29

Registered
hi ararat (With FTP function in DCC e2 (Dreambox Control Center) copy the three files
(Softcam.sh / Softcams.tar.gz / enigma2-plugin-extensions-userscripts_4.0.0_mips32el.ipk)
to root folder )how to get to the root of dreambox i am using dcc ,ftp,boot,root is that rght?ad also when using telnet /Softcam.sh it says not found would you please tell mewhat iam doing wrong?

thanks

Last edited: