North America Spark with no internet

vinters

Registered
I have an Amiko Alien2 bought off ebay. All internet functions worked great,utube etc. until I (Stupidly), pressed the yellow remote button clearing "all online info".
I tried re-registering "Successfully", it said, but it keeps giving connect error when I try launching any services.
...wish I left it alone!

vinters

Registered
hi, have you checked your network/modem settings.(dns etc.)

Yes that's all fine thanks. Amiko America refuses to accept/respond to email. When I re-registered it re-set the serial # with their server. They then shut me down and as I said, refuse to communicate. The implication is I have a clone, but do not! I would NEVER buy ANYTHING from them and have told all my FTA friends.
In the mean time enigma2 is proving to be 10x better anyway.
Thanks again for your suggestion.

ro_54

Registered
I had same problem with Amiko America. I bought alien 8900 from the manufacturer in Hungary, 1 year before they start to sell the boxes in NA, and they were claiming that i have a clone...... the box is still running from time to time, because i like the quality of the pic. I did all the spark updates with european files, and now i can use it for channels with powervue on c-band.

Last edited:

vinters

Registered
I had same problem with Amiko America. I bought alien 8900 from the manufacturer in Hungary, 1 year before they start to sell the boxes in NA, and they were claiming that i have a clone...... the box is still running from time to time, because i like the quality of the pic. I did all the spark updates with european files, and now i can use it for channels with powervue on c-band.

Imagine purchasing vehicles and appliances and electronics etc with absolutely no support, no communication, and no repair or parts potential.
You would be stuck with a pos and all that useless frustration and futility unless purchased directly from the manufacturer/dealer. Resales would be out of the question.
How long would that business model last and what would the products value be? The answers, Amiko America, are, "not long", and "not much"!
I agree about the good picture but that sure doesn't outweigh all the bad!!!