TBS 8922 Blind Scan PCI Card?

starturn

Registered
Hi,

Looking at the TBS 8922 as an upgrade to the card I have at the mo. What do people think, or would you recommend something else?

trickyd-1

Registered
TBS 6925 Very solid card but very expensive and only single tuner
TBS 6982 very good value ~£85 Twin tuners
Works well now with EBS Pro

Last edited:

starturn

Registered
I did look at prices for the 6925 and my budget won't stretch that far!

Will have a look at the 6982, does seem good for twin tuners and around the £85 mark won't break the bank.

far78

Registered
I had a TBS 6922 and I wasn't massively impressed by it. The frequency it tuned into was often offset by 5Mhz or so meaning frequencies close together were out, despite the card having very good ability (the Second Edition can tune into 16 and 32PSK channels as well as blindscan). My TBS 8920, on the other hand, was a great card with a very nice, sensitive tuner. I've had a 6925 a few weeks now and have had mixed results with it - unfortunately I think mine has a fault as it breaks up on weak 8PSK transmissions sadly.

Also, worth bearing in mind, that TBS are soon releasing an upgraded 6925 - it'll be a professional version of the 6982 with a slightly better feature set than the current 6925 so there is a chance the price of the 6925 might drop, but who knows....