SaorView

emerald1

Registered
I live in East Anglia and can get RTE signal(encrypted) on my Freesat Box...does this mean if I bought a SaorView or SaorView combo that I could get RTE free....many thanks Oh Much Learned Folk....
:)

dxn

Registered
AS long you have a suitable KA LNB and have to turn your DISH to 9ª East, you should get it

trickyd-1

Registered
Even with A KA band LNB I don't think you will get it in east Anglia due to the spot beam being focused on Ireland. Freesat/28.2e is a different platform and the RTE on there is enc with N*S Murdochrypt. Barney2222 probably best to advise.

Last edited:

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Simple answer is No and indeed your quite right trickyd-1
Saorview beam is tight and focused over Eire and not UK
if you lived in Ireland i'd say 100% YES a simple Saorview box would do the job but thats not gonna happen for you emerald1

You'd need KA Band LNB with Dish 78 or 88cm at 9 East for RTE KA Band which only is around 7 or 8 Irish channels inc. RTE Junior and new Oireachtas Parliment channel and even then your gonna miss out on BBC/ITV/CH4 Etc...

Should be RTE 1, RTE 2/SD/HD , TG4 , TV3 , 3E , RTE Junior , Oireachtas tv , RTE NEWS 24/7 and a TEST Card or Two
There was some chat about a film and sport channel by RTE but that never happened as yet and likely never will probably because of the upcoming even tighter Irish budget coming very soon and the complete set of idiots running our country into to the ground but i'll not get into politics .

If you were in Ireland somewhere it would be just a matter of buying a cheapo Walker Soarview box or even a Combo box
then that would work fine getting the best of both Saorview and Satellite Freesat .
But your only only option no#2 is to buy a ruppie box from someone in Rep.Ireland and NOT FROM Northern Ireland and not a multi room box as it needs a phonline attached hopefully that friend or relative then will be happy to pay the absolute bare minimum subscription pack from MR. Rupert Murdock that way you'd then get RTE and all the irish channels on satellite .

Its a shame because i can see those channels fine live in Rep.Ireland on my 42" TV with Saorview and 3D built in and no need for any boxes at all just a plain old TV Aerial from 1980 ,lol's

Good luck : )
-
Barney2222

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
I still think its worth me trying at somepoint in Blackpool, North West England (Only because when the service first started it was possible to get it in Blackburn!!!!), Barney m8, but as you say not a sniff of Ka-Band spot beams for Eire in East Anglia.

The Footprint shows two active beams covering my area, but it also shows two cancelling out (non-active or broadcasting noise to blockout signals) beams in my area.......