beginner question..

Ionelissy

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this sat world, I just got a VU+ duo box, loaded the latest BH image, uploaded cat's eye channel list, all looks good so far... BUT I seriously started thinking to return the box and get my money back ...and here is why:

My problem is:

are all theses boxes(TM, DM, VU+, etc) made to work only by being connected to internet? ..because I cannot have mine connected to the internet, my 3g router cannot connect to internet using my mobile broadband connection usb stick, however I can only use it for PC.

Also, all these oscams, cccam, etc...from my understanding, they use the internet... Is there any other softcam for VU+ Duo that I can manually FTP to the box in order to work and not needed the box to be connected to the internet??

thanks.

Amnesix1

Registered
Hi,

you don´t need a connection to the intenet.

Take this CCcam Version and copy it to /tmp on your box.

Then you can install the CCcam (green button -> yellow button -> manual install Bh packges)

goofy gorilla

Registered
well to make best use of the box you need the internet..if u know what i mean...:rolleyes:...otherwise you might as well get a FTA box, which is what it is at the moment in its present state..you need to open the magic up,,,,,:thum: