How to install plugins/emu on Enigma 2

hkvangar

Registered
Hi.

I have an IPBOX 9000HD and is most familiar with the NBL Image.
I decided to install this image: E2_release_111_cuberevo_flash (Tideslo).

Everything works fine until I'm going to set up the EMU/CAM. Earlier with NLB I used mgcam, but I can't find any cams installed in this image. Now what I would like to know is: How do you install a cam (or even a plugin) on this image? The FTP folders doesn't make sens to me anymore.

BR.

hkvangar

Registered
Thanks for quick reply. :)

Now I find a file with an .ipk extention.
Where do I put it? What folder on the FTP to make E2 see that there are new plugins to install?

I've tried to put in other plugins in some folders, but E2 doesn't seem to notice that there are new plugins to be installed.

ingard

Registered
(for Dreambox!)
give the rights 644 or 755 to .ipk file at /tmp and execute from tuxbox commander

hkvangar

Registered
(for Dreambox!)
give the rights 644 or 755 to .ipk file at /tmp and execute from tuxbox commander

I will try this when i get home. I have seen some tuxbox files on the FTP, not sure how i get it started but will look into it. :)
Hope it is the same for IPBOX as for Dreambox. :cool:

Thanks

hkvangar

Registered
(for Dreambox!)

I changed right to the file to 644 and 755, however i couldn't install it.

This is what i got from telnet:

I have found the ipk file for MGCam_133.
I get this when trying to install using telnet:

Code:
dhcppc7:/tmp# ipkg install mgcamd133_133-r1_sh4.ipk
ipkg: Cannot create directory `/usr/lib/ipkg/lists': Read-only file system
Installing mgcamd133 (133-r1) to root...
ipkg: //usr/lib/ipkg/info/mgcamd133.control: Read-only file system
ipkg: //usr/lib/ipkg/info/mgcamd133.prerm: Read-only file system
ipkg: //usr/lib/ipkg/info/mgcamd133.preinst: Read-only file system
can't get //usr/lib/ipkg/info/mgcamd133.control open for read
Configuring mgcamd133
ipkg_conf_write_status_files: Can't open status file: //usr/lib/ipkg/status for
writing: Read-only file system
pkg_write_filelist pkg=mgcamd133 returned 30
Successfully terminated.
Collected errors:
Unable to open the control file in  set_flags_from_control
Could not open //usr/lib/ipkg/info/mgcamd133.list for writing: Read-only file sy
stem
Could not open //usr/lib/ipkg/info/mgcamd133.list for writing: Read-only file sy
stem
dhcppc7:/tmp#

Do I need to set the telnet in write mode to be able to do things? How do I do that?

bo1e

Registered
I have the same problem. This for some reason is hard to do. Installing from .ipk-file does not work, only says read only file system. I thought it had to do with the install being on flash. I downloaded emumanager 4.0 and copied files over thru ftp, and chmodded 755. But nothing changed. Could not find emumanager on any menu or any remote button. Nothing. All I need is to install mgcamd on latest tideglo nightly build, but I don't know how. I can do it manually but then I have no way to start/stop/restart mgcamd other than telnet.

just4fun2

Registered
Hi, i´ve tryed with this
Code:
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=122684&highlight=simple
& it work, i´m not a experienced guy but i make directory like in RAR file & then inserted & renomed Mgcamd 135 to mbox & oscam to incubuscamd in var/emu:)
mg cfg + files, oscam cfg+ files in var/keys:D Now when i start mbox=mgcamd & incubus=oscam but WORKING fine:)

bo1e

Registered
This simple emu manager contains keymap.xml. Emumanager 4.0 does not. Blue button in latest nightly build seems to do nothing, it just shows a square with a line thru it on the screen when pressed. Simple emu manager was made two years ago. Strange if it works, and emumanager 4.0, which is brand new(?) and made for enigma2 nightly build, does not.

just4fun2

Registered
This simple emu manager contains keymap.xml. Emumanager 4.0 does not. Blue button in latest nightly build seems to do nothing, it just shows a square with a line thru it on the screen when pressed. Simple emu manager was made two years ago. Strange if it works, and emumanager 4.0, which is brand new(?) and made for enigma2 nightly build, does not.
Hello, just 1 thing: you don´t need to trust me, i try only to help, it work like i said, here is few captures

Last edited:

bo1e

Registered
I believe you :) just dont understand why the new emumanager wont work. Will try this when I get the time. Thanks for the tip!

nimaredrose

Registered
I need help

How can i flash my Cuberevo mini with usb and what kind of files it is supporting for usb flashing?

Kanutten666

Registered
I've just spent an hour trying to get the EmuManager_V4.0 to work. I downloaded a rar-file, and did what was suggestet. I placed all the files around manually using FTP, and did chmod to 755. Thia didn't change anything om my STB... No new plugins visible, and no download either. Any good ideas for the Nightly Build image..?

EDIT: I found the thingy, under the red button. :rolleyes: Blue button gives me the green screen, by the way...

Is there any good url one can add to this image, in order to get a few downloads of skins, aso aso..?

Last edited: