A252comb Channel List edit

vinche84

Registered
I have the same problem..

but i did not succes in fixing it...
I made a dump back up, open .abs file with editor, export as default db, reload by usb (allcade+bootloader) but HW Version is 37032..

Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot

aprasha

Registered
Taht's the way to fix it. You did it right :-(

Try to do a hard reset (use the back pannel switch) and a Factory Reset.

Just giving some ideas...

vinche84

Registered
Thanks

Taht's the way to fix it. You did it right :-(

Try to do a hard reset (use the back pannel switch) and a Factory Reset.

Just giving some ideas...

Thanks for your answer
could you send me a your backup.abs file?

Thanks

vinche84

Registered
Hello,

the Problem seems to be that somehow the Hardware ID is 37032, instead of 37050 like on others A252comb.

When trying to load the userdb (channel List), the box checkes if the ID in the Bootloader in the image is the same as the Hardware ID in the box, if not then you will not be able to load it.

If you want to upload a chanel list from a other A252comb, you have to edit your .abs file with a Hex editor, and change the BootloaderID on position 0020hex (0032dec) from 37050 to 37032, then the upload work without problem.

I have not found a way to change the Hardware ID in the A252comb, have tried almost everything :(

But there is a workaround that makes the life easyer … we can change the Bootloader ID that is saved when we make a dump. So you can make a dump, edit the chanel list with the editor, and load the userdb, without using a hex editor.

To do so:
1.) Make a backup.abs image "dump"
2.) Edit your .backup.abs file with a Hex editor, and change the ID on position from 37050 to 37032
3.) Update the bootloader (HS1C) from this modified image. (or a complete update “allcode+bootloader”)

In the information Menu you will see that both BootloaderID and HardwareID are now 37032

This modifyed Bootloader is now saved everytime you make a dump “allcode+bootloader” and everything (save,edit/modify channels,load) will work as usual.

ONLY if you want to upload a chanel list from a other (normal 37050) A252comb you will have to change the BootloaderID (in that image) on position 0020hex (0032dec) from 37050 to 37032.

Neolite

aprasha resolved my problem! He succeeded in changing my hw version.
Great aprasha!!!!

Rock83

Registered
Could you explain the entire procedure you followed?
I have a 252 combo decoder with hw version 37032 :(
Thanks in advance.