• Discussion in the Admin room about nightly images, we dont really need or want these posting for the following reasons.

1. We all know where to get them.
    2. Never have a change log.
    3. The changes if any are not worthy of anyone upgrading there boxes on a daily basis.
    4. They clutter the forum up.

Posts will be removed.

Ferret

tocomfree s929 acm

slugworth

Registered
mainboard LD3526_V1.2
ali3526 processor
3 pin rs232 header on mainboard.
Trying to track down a working rs232 loader.

slugworth

Registered
v1.22 is the 1st version that lets you backup firmware to the usb stick but the function only works for a full firmware backup.
All the other choices like backup_maincode write a bogus 4gig file to usb.
V1.24 does the same thing and powervu still doesn't work.
I think it is geared up for south american sks.

slugworth

Registered
Took forever to find an ali3526 loader with ddr3 support because it was named wrong.
They called it pc_upgarde_tool_3526.rar
You can now find it on crosat named correctly pc_upgrade_tool_ali3526.zip
Still needs tweaking because they never mention how to edit the flashburn.ini file.

slugworth

Registered
tweak for the flashburn.ini file.
The erom_sw1.abs takes the place of the old sdram.ini file since the receiver has ddr3 ram.

Code:
[Project]
RunMode=0
InitMode=0
RunAddr=0xa0000200
FileNum=2
[File0]
File=erom_sw1.abs
Type=1
;Addr=0xa0010000
Addr=0xa0220000
[File1]
File=eromclient.abs
Type=1
Addr=0xa0000200
[AutoRun]
AutoRun0=wm 0xa0000100 0
AutoRun1=wm 0xa0000104 0x800000
AutoRUn2=wm 0xa0000108 0xa0220000
AutoRun3=wm 0xa000010c 0xa03f0000

slugworth

Registered
the rs232 cable has to be very short.
The receiver uses the 2 transistor method of interface and I was trying to use a 5 foot cable.That will only work with an old desktop pc.Once I cut the cable down to 2 inches I was able to use a win7 laptop with real com port.
Tocomfree has a loader for the s928 that works,but the receiver bootloader section has to be intact.It won't work
with a corrupt bootloader or blank flash.On the net it is called recovery tocomfree.
Code:
http://piratas.cu.cc/descargas/tocomfree/

slugworth

Registered
the receiver had a bad maincode section and I was able to recover with that loader just loading maincode.
You can also dump full flash or individual chunks.

slugworth

Registered
V1.28 firmware is out,still doesn't get powervu.
Still doesn't back up to usb correctly.
I think they need beta testers.

slugworth

Registered
Don't ever try to load audisat firmware to the tomfreee s929acm,it kills the receiver.
I had to use 2 different loaders at the same time to recover.
V 2.20 to make contact with the receiver,I didn't cycle power
just exited,then v2.0.0.d to update the maincode.Cycle power.
Loader 2.2.0 again then v2.0.0d to update full chunk.

slugworth

Registered
stb erom upgrade 2.2.1.0 a loader from last year is part of the pb300_loader archive and works with the s929acm as is.

giba3005

Registered
Hi. I have a tocomfree s929acm and it is locked on the initial screen after updating via usb. I've tried several loaders but I have not had success.
I downloaded this stb_erom_upgrade 2.2.1.0 from crosat and tried to put the last update S929ACM_V1.2.8_14_8_2017.abs but I did not have success.
Can you help me?

slugworth

Registered
Unless you have a real old desktop pc the serial cable has to be very short.
I did get the loaders to work with a laptop with real com port but the cable was like 2 inches long.
Sounds like a pc issue.
Some of the more severe cases takes 2 different loaders in succession.I start with 2.2.1 to make contact with the receiver and when that fails to load I exit and run the loader v 2.0.0.d and load individual chunks starting with the bootloader,then the maincode,then a full chunk.
Do not cycle power once you get into the receiver with the 1st loader.

giba3005

Registered
I did the procedure as you described it to me and my s929acm is working now.:yahoo:
I think the secret is the short cable rs232.
The procedure worked with loader v2.2.1 on the first try.
You are the man.
Many thanks for everything!:thum:

slugworth

Registered
Just a guess but the receiver uses a 2 transistor interface for rs232 instead of a max232 ic like the old days.
With the proper receiver vcc to the interface, a cable like you tried initially would work,but I have a feeling they are using just 3.3v or possibly 5v instead of 12v so the cable has to be very short.
I was killing my receiver daily and doing recovery with the 2 loader combo.
It dawned on me later all the videos on youtube showing recovery on tocomfree receivers showed an old tower pc or laptop with real rs232 port.

slugworth

Registered
Once you get into the receiver with loader v2.2.0 or v2.2.1
you can then use the old loaders even from 10 years ago to dump individual chucks or load individual chunks to the receiver that you couldn't normally do with the load via usb approach.
Even old loaders like 2.0.0.f will work in the 2 loader combo.
Maybe someday I will find firmware that works for powervu.

giba3005

Registered
The IKS feature is not working on my s929acm with the latest FW v1.28, so I installed FW v1.21 and it is working perfectly.

slugworth

Registered
On a powervu tp the signal quality bounces all over the place like the receiver is trying to use the connection for sks.
Using lnb2 the signal quality is stable but powervu still doesn't work.