Vu+Ultimo High UK Price

scorpion007

Registered
Hi all have been waiting for the UK price release for months the european sites which are advertising the Ultimo state 539 euro with twin tuners and 579 for three. That is approx £150 dearer in the UK. Have I missed something or are we getting ripped off.
look forward to your views.

croque

Registered
Selling price is pitched at what sellers think the market can bear. SP is not really influenced by cost of manufacture, so the Suits gather round and agree a fixed Recommended Retail Price. Then all the box sellers find they can't get stock if their price is so low it shuts other sellers out - so they all tow the same RRP line. Price fixing like this is supposed to be illegal but we have a corrupt government that turns a blind eye, don't we?

So we are being ripped off. It's all just another symptom of a greedy society - on the same continuum as greedy bankers, recent riots and MP's expenses.

So what to do? I note the Euro against the pound is falling fast. I would wait a while for an even more favourable exchange rate and buy directly from the Eurozone. There shouldn't be any import duties from Europe.

Good luck.