****NEW COBRA1423 IMAGES FOR CLONE SSL84B SIM 2.01 & 2.10

thefreak

Registered
I have been using this image for about 2 weeks and find it really easy to use and cobra has been very supportive of his build too which has been helpful.
I was using blackhole image from the day I bought the dm800 which while simple was a bit basic, I started running into problems when I wanted to mess about adding plugins I soon filled the flash memory and started getting green screen of death.
I tried cobra's image and have been flying ever since I think it was the setup files that come with it they walk you thru the whole switch which for a relative noob was helpful and so far with all my plugins and junk getting shunted to the USB rather than the box I'm having a blast tinkering with it.
I'm really looking forward to the next version (hint hint).
Sorry to the admins for posting in the actual image thread but in my defence I am a noob and an idiot

skydive80

Registered
Hi guys

I have used the image before and installed this one today, and it's very stable with loads of media plugins. Best image todate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thefreak

Registered
Hi cobra
have you got a breakdown of the version 0.2 differences
I've got the ver 0.1 and as commented above it's rock solid compared to my older image

cobra1423

Registered
Hi cobra
have you got a breakdown of the version 0.2 differences
I've got the ver 0.1 and as commented above it's rock solid compared to my older image

hi
there has been some small bug fixes, new plugin's, updated drivers, the skins are now running from the usb giving you the opportunity to change the look of your dreambox there is a few skins to choose from. the reason for moving the skins to the usb was to make more space on the flash memory now you can install lots of new skins as long has they are openpli based anyway enjoy.
cobra1423.:thum:

mehstg

Registered
Hey cobra. First of all thanks for a good stable image.

Two questions if possible.

1) Does any of the pre-installed plugins modify the bit streamed ac3 audio at all? Even when I turn AC3 downmix off, my amp does not seem to pick up Dolby digital on this image.

2) is there any way of speeding cool EPG up? For me, it is quite slow loading however the 'what's on now' guide seems to load instantly. Is this down to a slow USB drive?

Currently running the 0.1 image at the moment. Planning to upgrade to 0.2 tonight

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cobra1423

Registered
Hey cobra. First of all thanks for a good stable image.

Two questions if possible.

1) Does any of the pre-installed plugins modify the bit streamed ac3 audio at all? Even when I turn AC3 downmix off, my amp does not seem to pick up Dolby digital on this image.

2) is there any way of speeding cool EPG up? For me, it is quite slow loading however the 'what's on now' guide seems to load instantly. Is this down to a slow USB drive?

Currently running the 0.1 image at the moment. Planning to upgrade to 0.2 tonight

hi
first I would recommend faster usb 2.0 with good reading speed as for the ac3 downmix I would go into system setting, av settings and turn off ac3. then restart enigma I do not see that any of the plugins playing up with ac3 but I will look into it for you once my new dm800 arrives. I gave mine away to someone in need lol
anyway once I get my new 800 I will it test out for you.
cobra1423:thum:
ps the cool tv dose take a few seconds to load because it has a lot more stuff in it to load than your what's on now guide.

Last edited:

mehstg

Registered
Thanks mate. Have turned ac3 down mix off but my amp still doesn't see the Dolby digital soundtrack on HD channels. Have also made sure the AC3 channel is selected in audio settings. Will update to v0.2 tonight and see how it goes

mehstg

Registered
Attempting to flash with the 0.2 package now. Flashed OK however when I am running the USB installer I am getting a 'malformed package file /var/tmp/imgmod.opk' error.

USB drive plugged in and shows mounted OK when I run df

Any ideas. Feel free to PM me if you don't want me cluttering up your thread.

mehstg

Registered
Same issue unfortunately. Also re-downloaded the ZIP again in case it was corrupted. Please see attached screenshots. I find it strange that the IPK reports its size at 156MB when uploading but stops uploading at ~60MB.

Just attempting to extract the IPK and manually install, will update on progress.

mehstg

Registered
Manually extracted the tar file from the IPK and ftp'ed it to the dream box. Then untarred it to the USB drive and all working perfectly.

NO10RANGER

Registered
Just installed the new cobra1423 image v00.2 all install fine very impressed with this new image great work and effort from corba1423 thanks. Having 1 wee problem with tsmedia when i go on to 1 channel
no content is found and if i try to run the update on tsmedia and the stb crashed any help on this would be great.

Kind Regards No10Ranger

thefreak

Registered
I had the same problem with the usb installer portion I tried 4 different usb sticks all with the same problem
when I checked with dcc the usb was not showing as sdb1 in my case it was sdb5 and kept giving me that malformed message all of the dcc scripts supplied by cobra assume sdb1 for usb

I checked in dcc tools/memory info for the info
it turned out the usb stick was not correctly recognised
I followed cobras old notes on formatting the usb from 0.01
I used minitool partition wizard and wiped the usb with zeros first
then formatted it as ext3 as primary with all defaults it worked 100% after that

thefreak

Registered
Just installed the new cobra1423 image v00.2 all install fine very impressed with this new image great work and effort from corba1423 thanks. Having 1 wee problem with tsmedia when i go on to 1 channel
no content is found and if i try to run the update on tsmedia and the stb crashed any help on this would be great.

Kind Regards No10Ranger

if your uk based the 1channel is down at the moment for us due to a recent court order banning the indexing sites for 1channei
the movies 25k still works and series do too
its the same content in the same locations its just that the indexing site is not banned
however I can confirm that the new image does crash on pressing update
File "/usr/lib/enigma/python/Plugins/Extensions/TSmedia/plugin.py", line 543, in getupgradeinfo
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method TSmediaupdates.getupgradeinfo of <class 'Plugins.Extensions.TSmedia.plugin.TSmediaupdates'****,()) failed)
to me it looks like the tsmedia update server is down and the plugin has no handler for the exception

Last edited: