28.4 satellite problem

reded

Registered
I'm running a 9000HD with nlb10513 on the flash memory, multi booting with e2 PKT Mod 7.5 Tideglo rev 0.7.5 on a USB stick.

When i do a scan in e2 hooked up to a sky dish (28.2E) it labels the channels as coming from satellite 28.4, subsequently i can't use catseye's settings as the satellite used is 28.5.

This is puzzling me, not sure if it's a flaw in something i'm doing or in the image.

Has anyone else come across this, searching 28.4 came up with nothing, probably too short a string.

reded

Registered
Don't know if this is connected but having a dig around in /etc/enigma/settings i found the lines:

Code:
config.Nims.1.diseqcA=[B]284[/B]
config.Nims.0.diseqcA=[B]284[/B]

I tried changing this to 282 but it didn't seem to have any effect. :confused:

Last edited:

reded

Registered
And also many times in /etc/enigma/lamedb such as:

Code:
/
011c0000:07d4:0002
s 11778000:27500000:1:2:[B]284[/B]:2:0

Last edited:

bigfoot007

Registered
The problem is that the channels on 28.4 are limited, catseye setting are good for other channels, but not 28.2, 28.4. The problems is that they are split.

Create your own satellites.xml file on line (just google), this will set astra and eurobird as one setting with all the frequencies. ftp this to your box, scan the satellite and then edit yor channels using dreamset.

catseye

Registered
Its the way you have it set up:confused:

If you are only wishing to view 28.2 & 28.East this what you should do

Menu, set up, service searching, tuner configuration, the 2 tuners(A & B) you have connected will appear on screen

Make sure Tuner B is set as Tuner A option assuming you have 2 satellite tuners installed -this will allow you record one program whilst watching another

Select the first one

Make sure tuner configuaration mode is set to advanced

Then move down to satellite, using right/left keys find Astra 28.2 first

Then make sure LNB is set to LNB 1

Move back to satellite, scroll left/right to Eurobird 28.5 East
Move down to LNB & change to LNB1

Then exit -you may have to reload the settings using Dreamset/Dreambox Edit

Restart Gui & channels should all appear working ok:thum:

bigfoot007

Registered
@ Catseye,

This is OK if you have two tuners, but doesn't work if you have one.

@ reded,

How many tuners do you have fitted?

catseye

Registered
Just set up Tuner A (if thats your satellite tuner) as described

The second Tuner (B) if its used for satellite is if you want to record one channel & watch something else from same satellite the same way a sly + box works

bigfoot007

Registered
@ catseye,

I must apologize to you, OK I see what you are doing now, assigning multiple sats to the same lnb using the advanced settings. This is how I have it set up for motorised system using two dishes, one fixed at 28.2, the other running through a diqsc switch to a moterised dish. And I only have one tuner installed.

I still prefer to have one setting for each sat group.

reded

Registered
Did a complete reinstall of e2 on my USB stick to try what catseye suggested, and did as instructed:
Tuner 1, advanced, Astra/Eurobird (28.2E), LNB1
Tuner 2, equal to Tuner 1

However i notice when i go to Automatic Scan it says Astra/Eurobird (28.2E) 28.4E

On completion the channels are still listed as 28.4, and on transponder info 284.

Again loading catseyes settings doesn't work. :confused:

reded

Registered
From searching around people with dreamboxes have had a similar problem,it looks like i need to edit the transponder list, anyone know where this is stored and can be edited on e2 on the 9000?

catseye

Registered
Im confused at what your trying to do:confused:

If you load settings file there is no need to do any sat scans as channels & packages are already there

Once you have sent settings to box reboot Gui & then when its finished loading press ok on remote

Then blue button & it will show up packages

Find the one you want & select -it will then display all channels belonging to that package

For example select BBC/ITV/CH4/CH5 package will display all of those, same for sky italia, etc

reded

Registered
Spot on Catseye thanks, thought i had to do a scan first.

Think i found the problem anyway, in /etc/tuxbox/satellite.xml it was identifying 28.2E as 284 rather than 282, it also didn't have 28.5E so i added it and named it 285.

All fixed i hope. Thanks again for your help.

blooj

Registered
Hi all
I did the same as "reded" and getting the same resault.
I am on a cuberevo twin tuner HD.
I don't think this makes a differance.
If i press the blue and go to emu manager I can't see anything all I see is no_emu what does this mean?
Does this have anything to do with the problem?

Last edited:

catseye

Registered
Hi all
I did the same as "reded" and getting the same resault.
I am on a cuberevo twin tuner HD.
I don't think this makes a differance.
If i press the blue and go to emu manager I can't see anything all I see is no_emu what does this mean?
Does this have anything to do with the problem?

Press ok on remote 1st then blue button to show packages & channels

select a free to air channel from the satellite your dish is pointing at

Otherwise blue button will access emu manager

catseye

Registered
Do you mean the none FTA channels dont clear?

Are all the channels & packages showing in the list?

If so you need to set up your emu/cams/cards to enable you to watch the ones you want;)