DM 800 HD and New Image

giannako64

Registered
Hello everyone, I need some advice regarding a new image for my Dreambox 800 HD with sim 2.01, currently I have this image installed (for some years and it is very stable but Nemesis has no support anymore and I can not download any addons/plugins at all):

Nemesis2.6-e2-OE(1.6)-SVN(112r0)_Ferrari-SSl88F_DM800_20150301_RAED

I downloaded some Blackhole images which are very recent (3.0.2, 3.1.0, 4.4, 4.5). Also the Open PLI 4.0 image. All of them installed ok with no problem, BH has support I downloaded plugins and addons from the server, downloaded all the channels and set-up my box until...I restarted it....with all these images the box seemed to try to restart the start screen was showing on the tv but even if I let it start for more than 30 minutes everytime it never did.
So I reinstalled the Nemesis image which is working ok...

can somebody help telling me if this is a problem of my dreambox or maybe it can not support these blackhole images and if can direct me to try another image.

thank you

toysoft

Are you sure you have a Sim 2.01, perhaps it's still a Sim 2.00/1.00 ?... or your sim is defective (got corrupted, so not compatible with newer images/SSL).

TS

atlas35

Registered
Hello everyone, I need some advice regarding a new image for my Dreambox 800 HD with sim 2.01, currently I have this image installed (for some years and it is very stable but Nemesis has no support anymore and I can not download any addons/plugins at all):

Nemesis2.6-e2-OE(1.6)-SVN(112r0)_Ferrari-SSl88F_DM800_20150301_RAED

I downloaded some Blackhole images which are very recent (3.0.2, 3.1.0, 4.4, 4.5). Also the Open PLI 4.0 image. All of them installed ok with no problem, BH has support I downloaded plugins and addons from the server, downloaded all the channels and set-up my box until...I restarted it....with all these images the box seemed to try to restart the start screen was showing on the tv but even if I let it start for more than 30 minutes everytime it never did.
So I reinstalled the Nemesis image which is working ok...

can somebody help telling me if this is a problem of my dreambox or maybe it can not support these blackhole images and if can direct me to try another image.

thank you

dm800 sim2 28.08.2018 OPENPLI 6.2 ssl84D clone new image
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2a8l...%B0M2_dm800-2018.08.29_by.alb%40tros.nfi/file

giannako64

Registered
well this box has a unique story...this is an original dreambox. A friend of mine offered me, without asking/checking if it was an original or clone, to install a ferrari card, which he did but while doing it, he broke the holder of the card. The ferrari sim worked but occasionally I had problems...so I gave it to another technician who installed the 2.01 sim. But to install it he said he was obliged to glue it down. About 3 years have passed since then and the Nemesis image is working ok with no major problems.

cyclades

Registered
I have both original and clone.
In The same box with you (clone)
I have " BlackHole-3.0.2_DM800_Sim2-SSl84D-20160603" and it works perfect.
You can try it but after you install it and before doing anything else you have to add a usb stick 4g formated to extend its memory
(enigma2-plugin-extensions-image-flashexpander_1.0_all.ipk).
AND DO NOT REMOVE THE USB AGAIN
New files are too big for old boxes and usually have boot problems or other kind of crashes......

giannako64

Registered
I have both original and clone.
In The same box with you (clone)
I have " BlackHole-3.0.2_DM800_Sim2-SSl84D-20160603" and it works perfect.
You can try it but after you install it and before doing anything else you have to add a usb stick 4g formated to extend its memory
(enigma2-plugin-extensions-image-flashexpander_1.0_all.ipk).
AND DO NOT REMOVE THE USB AGAIN
New files are too big for old boxes and usually have boot problems or other kind of crashes......

thank you very much for the reply...I thought too that maybe it is a memory problem....can I put a 8gb stick? do I format it on my PC? in what format? the plugin you mention what I do with it? just install it?

thanks again

giannako64

Registered
ok...what I did now? I ended up with a "NO CA FOUND"...
maybe because I had a SSL88F image and I tried to flash the image that atlas35 suggested above which is 84d?
anyway, I'm doing the NO CA FOUND process now, I have recovered the box with the DREAMUP but I can not flash a new image...do I have to flash SSL first or what? and what SSL? the 88f that I had previously or any ssl? I have a number of images in my hard disk but I can not flash any of them
if you could help please thank you

cyclades

Registered
1.JapharFlasher.exe
2.sim201_ssl84D.nfi
3.BlackHole-3.0.2_DM800_Sim2-SSl84D-20160603.nfi

You need theese three files.

1.Is a tool
2.Is the proper loader you need ....and
3.is the right file.

Try it with null cable (I usually do it with null cable ).
First you must flash the loader and then the file.

You can do it also with a brawser.(again first flash the loader...)
ALL FILES ARE IN THE FORUM.
GOOD LUCK

giannako64

Registered
1.JapharFlasher.exe
2.sim201_ssl84D.nfi
3.BlackHole-3.0.2_DM800_Sim2-SSl84D-20160603.nfi

You need theese three files.

1.Is a tool
2.Is the proper loader you need ....and
3.is the right file.

Try it with null cable (I usually do it with null cable ).
First you must flash the loader and then the file.

You can do it also with a brawser.(again first flash the loader...)
ALL FILES ARE IN THE FORUM.
GOOD LUCK

following your instructions I flashed first the loader = OK!
the box's screen showed the IP address 192.168.1.13 so I input it in a browser tab and I flashed the image....it says "REBOOTING" but the box does nothing, doesn't reboot also it's screen hasn't change....

I did it also with the null cable but again it did not restart

I unpluged from the mains and repluged again holding the stand-by button as to give me the STOP screen and IP again but instead again it gave me the: NO CA FOUND message

if you have the patience please help
if not thank you anyway

Last edited:

cyclades

Registered
If you try it with null cable you must be sure that you use the right port (usually com1 ).
The IP that you see on the box screen (192... is the REMOTE IP .
WHERE IT SAYS " select one "this ip must be the same on the other left side " local ip.AND THEN YOU FLASH IT.
EDIT AND DELETE THE IP YOU WROTE BEFORE.!!

giannako64

Registered
If you try it with null cable you must be sure that you use the right port (usually com1 ).
The IP that you see on the box screen (192... is the REMOTE IP .
WHERE IT SAYS " select one "this ip must be the same on the other left side " local ip.AND THEN YOU FLASH IT.
EDIT AND DELETE THE IP YOU WROTE BEFORE.!!

I'm doing it with null cable right now...it takes about 85' to complete the flashing..need 25' from now to complete...what will happen when it completes? the box will restart automatically? do I have to do something?

the port was selected automatically from the program and it is port 3 I can not change it
yes, the ip on the left is the same with the one on the right

giannako64

Registered
everything is ok now

well...I have to apologize because I started this thread without first checking my box to give you accurate information...

I had very long time to mess with my box so I had forgotten the main thing: I had changed my sim card to Ferrari...I found out and remembered that after I opened the box at 2 am...because I couldn't flash any bl or image earlier...so after that everything was easy and done very fast...
I installed the SSL#88F and then the Blackhole 4.5 image...

this image has perfect support, I could download and use addons/plugins immediately...

I have an issue with the flashexpander plugin only but maybe this is because of the usb stick, I will get a newer one and try again.

thank you very much for your help, especially the user Cyclades

cyclades

Registered
For the image I suggested
"...BlackHole-3.0.2_DM800_Sim2-SSl84D-20160603.nfi..."
and he said he would try this is the loader needed...SSl84D

technodvl2

Registered
I had very long time to mess with my box so I had forgotten the main thing: I had changed my sim card to Ferrari.

giannako64

Registered
MY MISTAKE

dear friends
one thing is sure: it was all my mistake...if I remembered that I had the ferrari sim I wouldn't even start this thread

nobody else is responsible for my mistakes but me