UHD 4:2:2

EnoSat

Hispasat 30 West

12012 V
DVB-S2/8PSK
SR-30000
FEC-5/6

test 60 Mbps UHD in 4:2:2 (feed for SPORT TV1 UHD)

Last edited:

PetoBB

Donating Member
Hispasat (30.0°W)
Fréquence: 12012 - Pol: H - SR: 30000 - FEC: NC
Catégorie: Sport - Football
Transmis en: MPEG-2
Infos: Sporting -Benfica hevc/ ultrahd4k

Does anyone know how to test the 4K receiver or the FTA feed on the satellite card? In my assembly it cuts, I have i7 6700k 16 GB DDR4 and GTX 1080. What does it go smoothly? :)

Chycho Py

Feed Hunter
Hispasat (30.0°W)
Fréquence: 12012 - Pol: H - SR: 30000 - FEC: NC
Catégorie: Sport - Football
Transmis en: MPEG-2
Infos: Sporting -Benfica hevc/ ultrahd4k

Does anyone know how to test the 4K receiver or the FTA feed on the satellite card? In my assembly it cuts, I have i7 6700k 16 GB DDR4 and GTX 1080. What does it go smoothly? :)

Try this configuration on your DVB DREAM

PetoBB

Donating Member
I have same configuration (latest LAV codecs), but still have picture lagging. Dream v 3.5 show use CPU 60 - 80%. I try all types HW accelerations on LAV video options (default use DXVA2 (copy - back)).

Dave5118

Feed Hunter
I have same configuration (latest LAV codecs), but still have picture lagging. Dream v 3.5 show use CPU 60 - 80%. I try all types HW accelerations on LAV video options (default use DXVA2 (copy - back)).

TBH, I have had little success with DVBdream and 4k 4:2:2 feeds, there must be a working combination somewhere, but I've yet to find it.

The biggest problem, is that Hardware acceleration is useless, nvidia and AMD don't support 4:2:2(probably licensing issues), your CPU has to do the work...... with the relevant codec obviously, LAV should do it, but fails miserably with my system(ryzen 1800x).
It works almost perfectly with vlc player with hardware acceleration switched off, vlc has codecs built in, so don't know which codec it actually uses.
I would have thought a I7 cpu would be powerful enough tbh, but have no experience of I7s.

sattechtips

Registered
DVB Dream have only 32 bit version and can't handle full power of 64 bit processor, try other DVB player with 64 bit support like Prog DVB i try and all work fine, unfortunately i also use DVB dream, but not 64 bit for 4k content.

Regards

kidjej

Registered
I suppose it can be used on laptop with intel i7, 16gb ram and powerfull graphic card nvidia gtx 1060 and hdmi 2.0 out.

I Want to use this to watch la liga 4:2:2 uhd feed on 10e and I thought to connect my laptop to uhd 55” tv, do I lose picture quallity this way since the laptops screen is only full hd 1920x1080p?

Last edited:

kidjej

Registered
10.0E - TP 11303V - SR 34000 - FEC 5/6 - DVB-S2/8PSK

Active almost every weekend when laliga starts. It was like that last laliga season.

dmr0x

Registered
I suppose it can be used on laptop with intel i7, 16gb ram and powerfull graphic card nvidia gtx 1060 and hdmi 2.0 out.

I Want to use this to watch la liga 4:2:2 uhd feed on 10e and I thought to connect my laptop to uhd 55” tv, do I lose picture quallity this way since the laptops screen is only full hd 1920x1080p?

gtx cards dont support 4:2:2 hevc

kidjej

Registered
I tried that through my tv tuner and it works great but only sound on my iphone X with vlc player. Htc ond M9 couldnt get even the sound. And on my gaming laptop with vlc not even the sound and on mpchc player only some buzzing, I tried both graphic cards, intel integrated and nvidia gtx.
Maybe after all this all doesnt work not even in my local network because of some shitty router my ISP gave me.

meho7

Registered
I tried that through my tv tuner and it works great but only sound on my iphone X with vlc player. Htc ond M9 couldnt get even the sound. And on my gaming laptop with vlc not even the sound and on mpchc player only some buzzing, I tried both graphic cards, intel integrated and nvidia gtx.
Maybe after all this all doesnt work not even in my local network because of some shitty router my ISP gave me.

Yeah u have to change Audio source in mpc player. Well im using a 10 year old Linksys WRT54G - via cable not wireless. My pc is a haswell refresh Xeon 4/8 and gtx 1070

rpl

Registered
10.0E - TP 11303V - SR 34000 - FEC 5/6 - DVB-S2/8PSK

Active almost every weekend when laliga starts. It was like that last laliga season.

There is no 4K La Liga feed this season :mad:
Non of comercial GPU can decode 4:2:2 UHD, and they newer will. You need to depend on CPU power, so top CPU to have fluent picture, i mean above 1000$. It's profesional standard, so it dosent concerns 99% of comercial users. This is one standard for brodcasters, with proper equipment for fast converting. Other example of brodcaster standard not available to comercial users i Dolby E, hovever reading about advantages of this standard makes me wonder why. So speaking about low level laptop with internal graphic it's sounds like a bad joke here.

kidjej

Registered
It seems that la liga 4k feed is starting again this weekeng, the same Tp again, but unfortunatelly 4:2:2 again :(