DM900UHD Crash on Channelchange

Jambo9000

Registered
Hello,

Can anybody help please, when changing channels with my dm900 it often happens that it crashes and restarts, also it happens sometime when I configure the tuner or installing new satellites and when searching for channels.

Have the following images installed:
Merlin-OE_25-dm900 (flash)
Gemini-4-dm900 (Barry Allan 12.72)
Oozoon-image-deb-dm900 (B.A)
TSimage-5-dm900 (B.A)

Plugins:
B.A.12.72
TS panel 8.0
Dbackup 0.94

It is the same story an all images, have tried several configurations on the tuner setup, as well as several different skins but non seems to correct the problem. Have also tried different satellite.xml files but to no wail, still the same.
Have no problem on my dm800, dm600, dm7020, all running fine, so there is for sure no problem with the motorized disk or the disk setup. Only dm900 gives me the mentioned problem.

Have a crashreport.log, but unfortunately I am not yet allowed to add attachments so I can not enclose said file, and I'm not that familiar with Linus so I can understand how to read the log, and find out exactly what the problem is, but hope that somebody on this fine forum can assist me, and revert with some information what I should look for in the crashreport.log, and give me some kind of hint on how to solve said problem.
Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Id be trying another power supply as it seems it crashes when it requires more power.

toysoft

Probably you will have to send back for repair to DMM, but first as Ferret told, be carefull don't use a PSU from another DM (that are 2 Amp and 3 Amp), the one for DM900UHD is 5 Amp, so it's required to use the one provided.

TS

Jambo9000

Registered
Thanks for the replies, have used both vhanibald, and several other settings, including my own, but there is no differens,will try to replace the power supply and see whats happens, and if no change, then I suppose that I will have to send it back to DMM and let them check it out if there is a problem with the hardware.

Jambo9000

Registered
WOW, am forever thankful to you TS for the hint about the power supply, have been using the same as for the dm800, etc(3 Amp), and had no idea about that the output of Amp was different, now when I installed a bigger and more powerful one (5 Amp), and everything is working normally. Again THAN YOU to all for your great assistants, and many hours of frustration is over for me, and the matter is resolved.
Cheers to all of you.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yep (as you wrote Ferret, the PSU), very easy to continue using the old PSU, when upgrading to the DM900UHD,... if you don't know the real difference between 2Amp/3Amp and... 5 Amp.

TS

pleased you got the credit mate :thum: