TM-5502 HD CI+ vs TM-F3/5

Phil360UK

Banned
Any know what the difference is between Technomate Receivers TM-5502 HD CI+ & TM-F3/5?

I am about to order the TM-5502 HD CI+ receiver to replace TM6900 (poss faulty tuner).

Technomate say that the TM-F3/5 is better because it is more compact and has a better picture quality.

I can't see what the difference is apart from the TM-5502 HD CI+ is 15000 channels and the TM-F3/5 10000 channels.

william-1

Feed Hunter
The TM5502HD has a far superior picture in HD & SD & TM know this as usual they are in denial of poor video with the TM-F3/5 in SD that me & several others have told them HD is ok on a big screen but not SD,

I have both receivers & use the TM5502HD for feed hunting mainly,

The TM-F3/5 clears more channels with the inbuilt CAS,

Until something else turns up you can get them both for £90 each from TM site the choice is yours.

Phil360UK

Banned
Thanks, I have ordered the TM5502HD and am hoping there is a phantom patch for it which can be used with softcam files for Biss/Cas Keys etc

william-1

Feed Hunter
Thanks, I have ordered the TM5502HD and am hoping there is a phantom patch for it which can be used with softcam files for Biss/Cas Keys etc

Yes
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/reply.php?board=tm5502hd&num=23

Part-1 Idiots guide on how to upgrade your TM5302HD & TM5502HD by William-1
How to update the TM5302HD & TM5502HD satellite receivers using the tbn file system,
1/Download the channel list to your pc & unzip the file
2/Load the file onto a USB stick
3/Load the file in you satellite receiver via the USB port
4/Menu****USB****USB Download Upload
5/Select the file that you want to download select Yes & wait for the process to finish
Use the same process to download a keyfile
Modifying the Satellite List on the TM5302HD & TM5502HD to suit your location or requirements,

Go to satellite set up
Highlight Satellite & press ok to reveal all satellites in the data base
Go to the 1st satellite in the list
Press the yellow button to save
Now press the green button to rename the satellite at the same time we set the satellite position here as well
Now enter the furthest west satellite you can receive for example:-
Enter this information precisely as I have here 45.0W Intelsat-14 do not enter 45W as this will not work enter 45.0W space then name of satellite
Add active transponders from here http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php & here http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

Now work your way through the 65 satellite data base renaming & adding at least one active transponder if known you can blind scan in the rest later
Add a space then the satellite name don't forget the dot in the satellite position,
When you have completed your satellite list go to main menu then system setting into factory reset menu & save your channel list here as DEFAULT CHANNELS this is very important to prevent system errors,
You can also save your new list to a usb stick.

Last edited:

william-1

Feed Hunter
How to add a new Biss key to the TM5302HD & TM5502HD:-

Go to the channel you want to clear & make a note of the frequency

Menu
System Information
Now press the Red button "Key Edit"
Move the cursor to the left until you see the Biss menu
Now scroll down the list to make sure that this frequency is not in use in the Biss menu
Press the Green Button to add a new Biss Key

Enter the name ie Fox Sports
Provider =Frequency so enter that here
Key Enter 0F here
Key Data (Enter the Biss code here)
Exit to save & Press the Red button to Save / Exit
Exit & Press Yes to save your settings

Phil360UK

Banned
Hi william-1

Received the Technomate TM-5502 HD CI+ yesterday, tried using USUALS by entering the Latitude and Longitude to find the satellites automatically but have never managed to get this to work, following the manual i get as far as getting a signal on one frequency on one satellite but the manual stops short and does not tell you what to do next or how to find the other satellites automatically.

Reverted to setting the satellites up manually one at a time, but after selecting a satellite and saving it and trying to move it into position the dish will not move east or west. The only place i can get the dish to move east or west is in the menu where you setup the limits - any ideas?

Do you know where you can download an electronic copy of the manual and the original firmware for the Technomate TM-5502 HD CI+ ?

Out of the box it came with Software Version V01.02 Software Date 23 May 2015

manic01

Super VIP
You have latest offiicial fw
Have attached latest patch.

Link to manual as file too big for here.
Code:
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/reply.php?board=tm5302hd&num=38