Thor 6 (0,8 degrees east) (K1) in Italy

rimini

Registered
Hi,

I want to install dish in middle of Italy for catching Thor 6 (0,8 degrees east)(K1), Rimini area - anyone living nearby who have experience of the dish size in this area ? Could a Gilbertini 125 cm do the job ?

Best, Peter

RimaNTSS

Registered
Peter! One small correction: there is no Thor 6 East, should be West.
According to coverage map, reception is possible on 90cm dish in Northern Italy. It might happen that in Middle Italy reception not so good. Anyway, you better try and then you know for sure.
BTW, Gibertini is 120cm antenna, not 125 :)

rimini

Registered
Yes - I meant of course west ...

I would just love to know if anybody have experience before I start the project ;)

RimaNTSS

Registered
i remember getting that sat with 80 cm dish, from south of italy
Right, it is possible, but.... there are several satellites in the 0.8*W position and several beams. Some beams can be easily received by small antenna even in Northern Africa, but TS was asking about Thor 6 K1 beam.

nik74

Registered
Confirmed the K1 Nordic beam. With 1,20 meter dish, on north Italy,in Novara area!With Very good signal oll the day

rimini

Registered
Super Nik74 :thum:

Question is if we go 150 km south if its still there - I think Novara actually is in the coverage area drawing ....

scafroglia93

Registered
I'm from Modena with Fracarro 100cm (i'm live in flat so is the max dimension) on 0.8w i see without any problem some scandinavian channel with Octagon LNB