New Android 4K DVB-S2+T2/cable

ozviewer

Registered
Hmm..wish I had known the difference between the 2 boxes by Videostrong and Acemax before I bought..hindsight is a wonderful thing.

goofy115

Registered
Taken from the acemax website blog posted 10/10/2016:
"Next Month, we will have the latest model Amlogic S912 Hybrid Combo, with 2G RAM ( or 3G RAM), 16GB ROM(OR 32GB ROM), Supporting DVB-S/S2/DVB-T/T2. It will be very hign end for the combo box."

aren

Registered
Acemax Hybrid box S912 with dvb S2 / T2 is coming...

:thum:

http://www.acemax.net.cn/blog/acemax-will-attend-2017-ces-99.html

ACEMAX will attend 2017 CES
During Jan 5th- Jan 8th, 2017, we ACEMAX will join 2017 CES, our booth no is 18646 Central Hall, CES.
Welcome to visit us, and during the exhibition, we will show our latest S912 TV Box, 2G RAM, 3G RAM DDR 4, and latest Hybrid TV Box with DVB S2/T2 , or ATSC... the Linux TV Box, the Amlogic S905, S905X etc, and also some gadgets....
Thanks
ACEMAX Team

Bitman

Donating Member
Alibaba advertising is stating Videostrong KII Pro is working with BISS, Powervu and Cccam.

Anyone able to confirm this ?

goofy115

Registered
The new acemax kiii pro with the s912 chip/3gb ram/32 rom/android 6/4K combo tv box is available on aliexpress priced at $148.99 (£122.95 at current exchange rate) delivered.

Bitman

Donating Member
OK, I have purchased an Acemax KII Pro.

Some nice features, including online update. There are three main issues for DTV that need attention (then I will be very happy with the product).

1. The DTV button does not allow switching between DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 - it just stays where it is.
2. No sort function for the channels so very tedious finding the channel you want to watch. The FIND function is very slow to use.
3. No support for Powervu (contrary to advice received before I bought the box).

Perhaps the ACEMAX representative will be kind enough to respond ?

Last edited:

goofy115

Registered
There is a channel list editor on the web for the ki plus which I presume will work with the kii pro.Google 'xda ki plus' and from the first result use the link provided in post 38 to download the channel editor.I would also presume it's a case of using the up/down keys to highlight and then selecting whichever tuner you want to use.No idea regarding the powervu capabilities.

Bitman

Donating Member
For those that are interested, you can import CCcam.cfg file from USB drive into the Smart Data page.

Also, has anyone here tried the third part firmware prepared by Malaysk ? It is on the xda developers forum (about 450MB file size). Seems it is good to use on both Acemax and VideoStrong but try at your risk.

Bitman

Donating Member
OK, I have purchased an Acemax KII Pro.

Some nice features, including online update. There are three main issues for DTV that need attention (then I will be very happy with the product).

1. The DTV button does not allow switching between DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 - it just stays where it is.
2. No sort function for the channels so very tedious finding the channel you want to watch. The FIND function is very slow to use.
3. No support for Powervu (contrary to advice received before I bought the box).

Perhaps the ACEMAX representative will be kind enough to respond ?

ACEMAX technical support unfortunately is very poor. Third party firmware (mentioned above) has provided many improvements to this box with Powervu support now added.