Positioner Help

Turnipz

Registered
Hello, I setup a second hand box this week. I told it to scan 28.2e and it found all the channels there no problem, Then I told it to scan 19.2e and it only found around 20 channels, and these channels did not belong to 19.2e they were dutch so I assume they were 23.5e? andway I was after Sky de so I manually scanned a transponder from that package at 19.2e and found nothing, then I tried scanning the same transponder at 17.0e and found the Sky channels from 19.2e. Anyone know why it's messed up and the satellite positions are incorrect? and also how can I fix it? thanks.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, I setup a second hand box this week. I told it to scan 28.2e and it found all the channels there no problem, Then I told it to scan 19.2e and it only found around 20 channels, and these channels did not belong to 19.2e they were dutch so I assume they were 23.5e? andway I was after Sky de so I manually scanned a transponder from that package at 19.2e and found nothing, then I tried scanning the same transponder at 17.0e and found the Sky channels from 19.2e. Anyone know why it's messed up and the satellite positions are incorrect? and also how can I fix it? thanks.

In Menu-setup-service searching-tuner config

Check your coordinates are correct for your location.

Turnipz

Registered
Thanks for the response Ferret. Here are my settings in
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
V7WiOj9.jpg

I got my Latitude and Longitude from http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm
M1fQ3Y0.jpg

Here are the kind of channels it finds on a 19.2e scan which I believe belong to 23.5e
M2onf0W.jpg

And when scanning a transponder I was intrested in that was supposed to be on 19.2e at 17.0e I found the 19.2e channels
V6X381q.jpg

Thanks for helping. Do you have any other ideas?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
19e and 17east are so close but im suspecting it could be dish alignment.

Try your post code at dishpointer to see if it gives you the same coordinates.

Code:
http://www.dishpointer.com

digi247

Registered
I would suspect your dish is way out of aligment as there is nothing at 17° east anymore and if there where you would not be able to pick it up due to its footprint.

I would certainly look at your dish alignment

Turnipz

Registered
OcazsWn.jpg

This is the result from http://www.dishpointer.com/

bowden2010 tell dishtomove to thor sat the allien ur dish from that sat it should then follow the sats

dishtomove is an engima2 plugin I can run?

digi247 I would suspect your dish is way out of aligment as there is nothing at 17° east anymore and if there where you would not be able to pick it up due to its footprint.

I would certainly look at your dish alignment

Is the allignment somthing I can fix in the reciever? or do I need to get the installer to come back out? I get perfect signal at 28.2e.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone

digi247

Registered
If your using USALS then you can either attempt to align yourself or get the installer back, as it is slightly out your signal will be fine on 28.2° east due to the fact the 3 satellites positioned there can be picked up on a saucepan lid in the UK thats how strong they are.

You could always switch to Diseqc 1.2 in the receiver and manually adjust each satellite to suit and store each one with a relevant position number, this way would cost you nothing and can be done from the receiver itself