DM800 HDSE Re-imaging fails help needed

teflonmike

Registered
I was recently given a DM800se hd clone that had the dreaded R01 error... I had thought I'd be able to cure it as having followed tutorials here in the past I've successfully restored others.

This one though is proving to be awkward. Not being sure what version of sim was on-board I opened the case to look; that was no help as the card has no identifying marks other than some Chinese characters on a holofoil sticker. removing that revealed nothing useful.

Having established http via dreamup Device information reveals the following info.

Product DM800SE
Booloader Version 84 (2011-09-01)
Production Date 2012-10-17
mID 15

I have tried many different images but most report the improper architecture error. In fact the only one that seems to work is Dream-Elite 3 V.010r5 this loads but on reboot the device immediately reports R01 again.

I flashed a Sim2 SSL84b bl before and after imaging and sometimes just before or just after an sometimes not at all but nothing works.

From what I gather this is definitely a S/W issue so any help in resolving this would be really appreciated :thum:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
improper architecture error mean your flashing an image designed for another dm model.